: Use Peripheral for Aftermarket HU

mrvspitbulls
07-10-08, 12:39 AM
I have been threw 3 different harnesses or (chime box) with stereo shop.

1.*Metra GMOS-06*--Shut off all the time,stereo turned off everytime onstar was activated,chimes worked when they wanted to,amp faded out everytime car was started or shut off or put in reverse or if message came up on dic. (CRAP).

2.*Metra GMOS-06 with usb update that metra told shop installer would fix all problems (right). Only shut off once a day maybee, but stereo would just come on when car was just sitting,door chimes came on maybee once every couple days for like 10 min. straight :eek:. still same problems.

3.*PERIPHERAL* (dont know model) Every thing works perfect. Havent had 1 problem. When onstar is activated the stereo sound dims down (like it should) Dosent shut off compleately. No sound dimming like the GMOS-03. :thumbsup: FINALLY all is good. They even felt bad cause i live 45 min. from shop they hooked me up with the PAC box for my steering wheel buttons to work. they said they could set buttons to 8 different functions. i just kept it the same vol & seek. :highfive:

Here are some pics of my system

CadillacSTS42005
07-10-08, 12:52 AM
not bad
very clean

mrvspitbulls
07-10-08, 12:56 AM
Thanks 2 JL W7's with JL 1000/1 amp. HU is Kenwood kvt-617dvd with kenwood kna-g510 Navigation. I love it

CadillacSTS42005
07-10-08, 01:00 AM
i had a Pioneer Avic N1 US Amps DE-1000 and 3 JL 12w6s
when i bought it all they were the best you could get...

quantum
07-15-08, 12:38 PM
I have been threw 3 different harnesses or (chime box) with stereo shop.

1.*Metra GMOS-06*--Shut off all the time,stereo turned off everytime onstar was activated,chimes worked when they wanted to,amp faded out everytime car was started or shut off or put in reverse or if message came up on dic. (CRAP).

2.*Metra GMOS-06 with usb update that metra told shop installer would fix all problems (right). Only shut off once a day maybee, but stereo would just come on when car was just sitting,door chimes came on maybee once every couple days for like 10 min. straight :eek:. still same problems.

3.*PERIPHERAL* (dont know model) Every thing works perfect. Havent had 1 problem. When onstar is activated the stereo sound dims down (like it should) Dosent shut off compleately. No sound dimming like the GMOS-03. :thumbsup: FINALLY all is good. They even felt bad cause i live 45 min. from shop they hooked me up with the PAC box for my steering wheel buttons to work. they said they could set buttons to 8 different functions. i just kept it the same vol & seek. :highfive:

Man, I've heard mixed results with that damn GMOS-06. STS2003 says the 2 RCA jack versions are better, but it looks like you had a problem with both?

Did you use the Peripheral - GMAH32?

The only think I didn't like about the Peripheral product was that it had speaker wires instead of RCA jacks. I guess there is a converter that can take RCA in and change it to speaker wires out, without an amp?

CadillacSTS42005
07-15-08, 12:41 PM
nah he couldnt of had both
the 2 rca version to my knowledge doesnt have the ability to be updated
that version doesnt integrate nearly as much as the 4 rca which makes it so much less problematic than the 4 rca

mrvspitbulls
07-15-08, 12:43 PM
All i know is its Peripheral. I can take a look later this evning to check model #. mine has rca's for sure because when they installed this one i got ready to leave shop and noticed a wine in speakers when gas was pushed. they ran rca's real quick and now its perfect. Still no problems everything works perfect.

mrvspitbulls
07-15-08, 12:46 PM
And Yeah they had the 2 rca one in first (had problems) then the 4 rca one (had problems) then went back for the update on the 4 rca one (still had problems)

quantum
07-15-08, 12:46 PM
Hey STS2003,

So, you still say the 2 RCA GMOS-06 is the way to go, if I can find one around?

Just a thought though, can you just snip off the end of an RCA cable and use them as speaker wires? Or do you still need a converter?

RCA Plug ------------------------< 2 Wires

mrvspitbulls
07-15-08, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't use METRA at all

quantum
07-15-08, 12:54 PM
All i know is its Peripheral. I can take a look later this evning to check model #. mine has rca's for sure because when they installed this one i got ready to leave shop and noticed a wine in speakers when gas was pushed. they ran rca's real quick and now its perfect. Still no problems everything works perfect.

The model number would be awesome, but based on the pics online it doesn't look like it has RCA jacks, are you able to check that too?

If so, that's great!

mrvspitbulls
07-15-08, 12:57 PM
yep ill go look now

CadillacSTS42005
07-15-08, 01:01 PM
i never had problems with my 2 rca version (now sold as i got the stock nav)
nor has Dadillac (he has a full system in his car as well and used the stock amp)

maybe theres something in it that the Devilles dont agree with, i know the 06 in either version would NOT work with the Eldo as it would cut the sound every 1 min 7 secs exactly...

mrvspitbulls
07-15-08, 01:06 PM
The model # were GMAH32
GMAHCM

quantum
07-15-08, 02:01 PM
TY!

I did a little surfing for some close up pics on that GMAH32 and it looks like speaker level inputs, but really hard to see cus it's all bundled up.

Maybe the RCA cables they used were from HU to AMP or something?

I mean, it is probably no big deal to convert the RCA outputs to speaker inputs, some type of converter maybe?