: Isn't there ANYONE who doesn't like the brown wood in the Caddies ?

Scott01STS
06-07-04, 06:22 PM
I've been asking and can't seem to find anyone who has bought one of the overlay kits in either a black color wood or carbon fiber look.

There must be SOME people like me that don't like the brown wood forest in their car ?! :)

I'd like to see what they look like.... ??

Anyone done this and want to share pictures ?

Thanks ! Scott

Goodyr
06-07-04, 06:42 PM
I think that the wood trim in some caddys is rosewood. It was in a couple of sevilles I have had. I don't know what is in my deville. Just never thought about it. I used to do a lot of wood working and I can tell you rosewood is is very expensive wood or at least it was. I could be wrong about it. A lot of the guys on this forum like to leave it stock. I am one of those but to each his own. If you do your dash please post some pictures.

ShadowLvr400
06-07-04, 06:57 PM
You're not the only one man. I havent bought the overlay because of the cost. I've been planning on scavenging scrap aluminum, and making polished aluminum trim peices. I work in a body shop, I can get the tools for it. :)

caddyshack24
06-07-04, 09:20 PM
WHAT? i've thought about doing a custom dash / interior (im learning) someday
but you can bet your sweet ass ill integrate that sexy zebrano wood ! saw some pictures of diff. types of material installed when i ckicled on one of those sponsers down on the main forum page

SeeMyCars
06-10-04, 12:03 AM
I installed a wood dash kit in my 1999 Fleetwood Limited. I actually bought TWO dash kits because one didn't have the right radio and the other didn't have all the extra little parts I wanted (yep, I'm that picky).

Here are a couple of pictures. The kit that had the radio piece wasn't as close of a match as the other kit, which was PERFECT in color and grain.

The kit with the right radio but not good color/grain match is from:
http://www.exoticwooddash.com/ (9 pieces, $137)

The perfect match color and grain, but wrong radio is from
http://www.autodash.com (http://www.autodash.com/) (25 pieces, $200)

If you want to do something completely different like carbon fiber, check out these guys, they can do anything in hydrographics!
http://www.automotiveupgrades.com/

Hope this helps!

Dennis

PS - Cadillac is using Zebrano wood. Here's a bit of trivia: Cadillac uses only 4 Zebrano trees TOTAL each model year for the wood trim in all the cars they manufacture. Aren't they ecologically prudent?! How thin do you think that Zebrano veneer is?

Goodyr
06-10-04, 09:33 AM
My mistake on the rosewood of courses its zebrano. It is probably age with me. Like I said in my other post I like to leave my cars stock. Iíve been driving these cars for over twenty years and have never changed anything except to maintain them and keep detailed. To late to change now. But thatís just me. I know a lot of guys do modify them and more power to them. The above pics are very good looking and the triva about the zebrano tree is interesting.

Ralph

Scott01STS
06-12-04, 06:35 AM
Still NOT ONE response from someone who has bought and installed a black or dark gray wood kit !

Are these kits simply stuck on the areas .. That sounds like it would look kinda cheesy.. but without someone to share their experience...:crying2:

Maybe someone has SEEN such a kit installed.. I'd even settle for that !

If anyone wants to do the labor..a professional job mind you.. you can HAVE the freakin Zebrano Wood.. ALL OF IT. Just install the black or gray wood kit that I'll buy !! I even have more than stock since I have the luxury package (or whatever you call it) with the extra freakin wood !!

:banghead:

Thanks !

Pimpin_Whity
06-14-04, 10:14 PM
you have no class. leave the custom carbon fiber interior to the lower end of the car spectrum. those things have no business in a caddy.

Ralph
06-15-04, 01:16 AM
My mistake on the rosewood of courses its zebrano. It is probably age with me. Like I said in my other post I like to leave my cars stock. Iíve been driving these cars for over twenty years and have never changed anything except to maintain them and keep detailed. To late to change now. But thatís just me. I know a lot of guys do modify them and more power to them. The above pics are very good looking and the triva about the zebrano tree is interesting.

Ralph

Exactly my sentiments Ralph. I also leave mine stock. However, I prefer lighter colored wood much like the honey euclyptus color on the XLR, or the fake wood treatment on the Acura TL. IMO, dark wood does not go good with light beige interiors. I also like Jaguar interiors where they seem to have different shades of wood available.

Smokey
06-16-04, 03:46 PM
To each his own is definitely correct. I prefer the lighter woods with darker interiors and the darker wood with the lighter interiors. IMHO it provides more contrast and keeps things from just "running together".

Adam
06-19-04, 04:43 AM
Hey, if you wanna act like a honda boy or a ricer than you need to sell your Cadillac and get you an import. :want: :tisk: :nono: :gun:

cadillacchromer
06-21-04, 04:51 PM
My sentiments exactly. The only caddy that looks right with Carbon Fiber is that beautiful CTS-V series Silver on Black.

Hey, if you wanna act like a honda boy or a ricer than you need to sell your Cadillac and get you an import. :want: :tisk: :nono: :gun:

CADiLad
06-24-04, 02:15 PM
This is an add on factory match kit from edashkit.com...I actually think the wood looks sweet...May be able to get them to whip out a sporty carbon for you though.

SoundAdvantage
06-25-04, 02:04 AM
The WOOD looks GOOD I was in a 97' Deville the other day, Black on Black and the Wood really set the dash off.

Spock
06-25-04, 02:55 AM
Wow don't like it that much? Might as well take those parts out yourself and spray paint them.

RERM
06-26-04, 04:45 PM
In response to the original question, NO.

Caddy Man
06-28-04, 11:30 AM
for some people the wood dash kits mite be good for and if they like them its all good, but when i see those aftermarket kits, they look so cheap and overdone to me. anyone else feel this way?