: Reverse Lockout Solenoid.

PISNUOFF
07-09-08, 08:13 PM
My reverse lockout solenoid failed on a trip to Florida last week. Shift lever goes over towards reverse when driving down the road. Started when on the highway and made some grinding noises about 5 separate times. Now it's nearly impossible to get into reverse. Just thought I'd share.

NormV
07-09-08, 08:53 PM
Do they dyno in reverse?! Give us the latest mods and new numbers.

Video of BeaverRun would even be better! :)

Norm

Bueller
07-09-08, 10:12 PM
Did you install your CAGS on the wrong side of the tranny? I did. It works to disable the rev lockout too.

I didn't read the 'structions. :banghead:

PISNUOFF
07-09-08, 10:53 PM
Do they dyno in reverse?! Give us the latest mods and new numbers.

Video of BeaverRun would even be better! :)

Norm

UUC shifter and poly bushings, 52# injectors and fuel management system to increase voltage to pump, C6 ZO6 Clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. Also installed a new slave cylinder which puts the bleeder and inlet in the proper position so no spacers or casting grinding are needed. Flywheel is 28 pounds lighter and car feels about 500 pounds lighter. rwhp = 445 and rwtq = 440. Easing into the throttle and putting it to the floor in 1st gear now slightly rips and squeals the 275 T1R tires all the way through the gear. Kind of like threashold acceleration, if that's even a word. I should be all set for my next step next summer, hello Maggie.

I would have a video for you of BeaveRun, but my dumba$$ forgot the footage at the parent's house in Florida. I should have it in a few days. Also, I forgot to hit record on the camera in the fascia. Oops. Thanks again for your instruction. Hope to be at Mid Ohio with the Porsche club in October.

PISNUOFF
07-09-08, 10:55 PM
Did you install your CAGS on the wrong side of the tranny? I did. It works to disable the rev lockout too.

I didn't read the 'structions. :banghead:

I did not install CAGS. I pushed a couple keys and turned it off.

NormV
07-09-08, 10:58 PM
Nice power output!

Norm

Maximusthefarmer
07-09-08, 11:14 PM
My reverse lockout solenoid had to be replaced within a hundred miles of the car off the showroom floor, again at about 15000 miles and just recently had a catastrophic failure which instead of the car not going into reverse it would not stay in reverse in wide open throttle..I think this will be the 4th time it has been in for transmission. And yes, in case anyone like the first dealer I brought it to wanted to know I know how to drive haha. Fortunately I live near Lindsay but I feel your pain with the solenoid trouble

trukk
07-10-08, 12:16 PM
My lockout selonoid also did not work while I was at VIR last week.

I did the 'ole shift to 7th @ 135. No grinding. They opened up my tranny yesterday, and said that the reverse synchro either exploded or disintegrated. I had no grinding at all when it happened. After the run I parked the car. Trying to go out for the next run, it would not go into R at all. I tried every trick in the book, and it just would engage at all (I couldn't even get it to grind)

Furstrating to say the least.

-Chris

CTSV_510
07-10-08, 12:22 PM
... it would not stay in reverse in wide open throttle...

WOT in reverse? Oh. I haven't tried that one yet.

urbanski
07-10-08, 12:37 PM
what i want to know, is the replacement a DIY?

atdeneve
07-10-08, 01:06 PM
My reverse lockout solenoid had to be replaced within a hundred miles of the car off the showroom floor, again at about 15000 miles and just recently had a catastrophic failure which instead of the car not going into reverse it would not stay in reverse in wide open throttle..I think this will be the 4th time it has been in for transmission. And yes, in case anyone like the first dealer I brought it to wanted to know I know how to drive haha. Fortunately I live near Lindsay but I feel your pain with the solenoid trouble

I think that's your problem right thar.

On the bright side, you might have a good shot at takin the title:

dcMFMfonnFQ&feature=related

50 4Ever
07-10-08, 01:28 PM
I did some experimenting around a couple of years ago when I ran into this problem and here is what I found: At low speeds, I think below 15 MPH, the reverse lockout engages, but at higher speeds it is open all the time. The reverse lockout on my Corvette is engaged all the time I am moving forward, from 2 MPH to over 100MPH.

Others say theirs on the V's work the same as my V. Is mine faulty and should work the same as the Corvette?

trukk
07-10-08, 07:26 PM
I did some experimenting around a couple of years ago when I ran into this problem and here is what I found: At low speeds, I think below 15 MPH, the reverse lockout engages, but at higher speeds it is open all the time. The reverse lockout on my Corvette is engaged all the time I am moving forward, from 2 MPH to over 100MPH.

Others say theirs on the V's work the same as my V. Is mine faulty and should work the same as the Corvette?

I can tell you it didn't work for me shiting into 5th at 135. Why I would want that protection at 15 MPH, but not 135, is assinine.

-Chris

PISNUOFF
07-10-08, 07:32 PM
My lockout selonoid also did not work while I was at VIR last week.

I did the 'ole shift to 7th @ 135. No grinding. They opened up my tranny yesterday, and said that the reverse synchro either exploded or disintegrated. I had no grinding at all when it happened. After the run I parked the car. Trying to go out for the next run, it would not go into R at all. I tried every trick in the book, and it just would engage at all (I couldn't even get it to grind)

Furstrating to say the least.

-Chris
Chris:
If you don't already have it in the shop, somewhat violently rock the shift lever in and out of reverse. On one of the forward thrusts you will feel it engage.

what i want to know, is the replacement a DIY?

The solenoid replacement will take you 5 minutes on the ground at home. It's at the lower, rear section of the trans.

Maximusthefarmer
07-11-08, 05:11 AM
Ok I cannot type. What I meant to say was while before it would not go into reverse without grinding, this last time it would go into reverse but as soon as given throttle slip partway out and grind. Wow. Do not know where the wide open throttle part came from, I guess I was really tired or something. Sorry to clutter up the thread just wanted to clarify.

urbanski
07-11-08, 07:14 AM
The solenoid replacement will take you 5 minutes on the ground at home. It's at the lower, rear section of the trans.

thank you :)

Maximusthefarmer
07-12-08, 03:38 AM
On the bright side, you might have a good shot at takin the title:

cute...