: steel braided brake line sale

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
07-09-08, 01:47 PM
Inner TeflonŽ line is covered with woven stainless steel braid that will not expand under pressure. The advantages include better brake pedal feedback and a firmer pedal, along with superior brake modulation. Results will be immediate. will also help reduce brake "fade" from heat build up. normally $145.00 on sale for $125.00 plus a few dollars shipping. call me at 703-824-9670

thebigjimsho
07-09-08, 02:04 PM
I noticed a firmer pedal feel right away. I got early miles at the V-day on Shenandoah and I always knew what my brakes were doing. A lot of our Vs are getting up there in age and miles and these lines will help as the rubber lines expand. I'm glad I have 'em...

trukk
07-09-08, 02:44 PM
I noticed a firmer pedal feel right away. I got early miles at the V-day on Shenandoah and I always knew what my brakes were doing. A lot of our Vs are getting up there in age and miles and these lines will help as the rubber lines expand. I'm glad I have 'em...

I have these, and had zippy brake issues at the track last week, and my calipers are toasty gold now :D

-Chris

thebigjimsho
07-09-08, 02:49 PM
I have these, and had zippy brake issues at the track last week, and my calipers are toasty gold now :D

-ChrisPiss yellow calipers FTdubs...

rdjiv
10-06-08, 09:45 PM
Has anyone had any issues with their SS brake lines? I just had mine installed by the local dealer as I don't have the time nor mechanical know-how to do it myself. The master tech said that the connections are crap and that I should expect them to leak over time/possibly break open. He also mentioned the stock lines were the same except for a rubber overcoating. Not knowing the intricacies of the brake lines, I had to take his word for it. Did I make a mistake as he suggests or will the connections hold up with the same capability as the stock ones?

thebigjimsho
10-07-08, 01:43 AM
Has anyone had any issues with their SS brake lines? I just had mine installed by the local dealer as I don't have the time nor mechanical know-how to do it myself. The master tech said that the connections are crap and that I should expect them to leak over time/possibly break open. He also mentioned the stock lines were the same except for a rubber overcoating. Not knowing the intricacies of the brake lines, I had to take his word for it. Did I make a mistake as he suggests or will the connections hold up with the same capability as the stock ones?
Were they UUC? Because the UUC lines Luke sells are very high quality. I have ZERO issues...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-07-08, 08:49 AM

I have sold about 100 sets of these to V owners around the country with ZERO issues. souds like someone wanted to complain about what can be a slightly pain in the ass install. if he did his job right you will not see any issues. the stock lines are rubber NOT steel braided like what you bought

rdjiv
10-07-08, 11:33 AM
Ok thanks. They were the UUC lines bought from Luke at Lindsay. I was hoping it was just a lazy tech trying to find an excuse. And that he installed them properly.

rjoffe
10-07-08, 12:50 PM
I watched Bill at Lindsay install these lines on my V about a month back, the right rear pair seem to be a bit of a pain due to the lack of working room. I am glad I did not do the job myself :)

trukk
10-07-08, 02:57 PM
Were they UUC? Because the UUC lines Luke sells are very high quality. I have ZERO issues...

Over a year with mine (20+k miles).

Zero issues.

-Chris