: Exhaust Install..

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 11:19 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows about hw much someone should pay for an exhaust install.. I have the cora exhaust and dont wanna get raped by the shop so if you guys cold let me know what is a fair price to pay... thanks

hcvone
07-09-08, 11:40 AM
It should take a shop about one hour, the old exhaust can be cut off to remove easier, just make sure they cut it in a place were it can be welded back together. You should pay about $100.00

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 11:54 AM
how hard would you say it is to install yourself.... i mean is it extremely simple or does it take knowledge of the vehicle and such to throw this thing on... what could go wrong if not properly installed?

g9s8r
07-09-08, 12:33 PM
i'm assuming its a catback system. If it already has hangers and stuff like that...you should be able to do it yourself with some assistance. I would assume that you wouldnt have it on a lift...so...be careful of the weight of the old system. You might run into problems with rusted bolts and nuts. I dunno. I haven't done a caddy exhaust but figured it would be straightforward.

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 01:02 PM
thanks for the input.. took it to the local shop and as sure as hcvone said the guy looked at the kit and said about 100 and was like do you want to wait for it or what.. so i just left and came home real fast to get something to eat and will be picking it up soon... can't wait to hear this.. i hope its louder than the muffler i threw on a while back... the only thing is the guy looked a little pissed when i told him to make sure he threw my stock system in the back of my truck... i guess he was hoping to hold on to the old equipment.. too bad lol

hcvone
07-09-08, 03:34 PM
I am sure you will love your new noise maker. :)

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 03:41 PM
just got back from getting the truck.. have to admit the noise is different.. compared to inside the truck the noise level has dropped dramatically.. i used to just have a muffler swap on my truck adn then i replaced it now with the corsa.. so the interior noise is practically gone which is good in one way but i do miss the old sound.. the outside sounds nice but its not there all the time.. when just driving you barely notice the exhaust is there.. when i step on it its hard to describe.. i alsmot want to say its sounds liek a diesel truck but at the same time its not.. not sure how to explain it.. i guess ill let it break in a bit and see whta the sound does, if it changes or not.. but so far its not that bad.. the old system (muffler swap) had a nice tone to it but was a bit much when you were cruising.. ill have to take my truck out on the highway and see what its like..

93si
07-09-08, 05:20 PM
What kind of muffler did you have before??

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 06:50 PM
if i remember right it was an IMCO muffler... it was about half the length and half the width as the stock muffler that was on...