: Which one?????

jspeaect
07-09-08, 01:55 AM
I've sold my DTS and want to get into a STS. I'm looking at three possiblities. All are 2005 STS V8 AWDs. One has the 1SG pkg and no adaptive cruise...27k miles and is a CPO for $25k, the second is a 1SG with adaptive cruise with 16k miles on it for $25.5k and the last is a 1SG with adaptive cruise with 12.5k miles on it for $26k. All are like new...the first has had three owners while the second two are one onwer lease vehicles. How are these prices??? Any suggestions??? Thanks!

MARKVIII
07-09-08, 07:17 AM
You always get the vehicle with the lowest mileage you can afford..

LLCoolJson
07-09-08, 09:37 AM
Like Markviii said .....lowest miles possible....also you should pick the one you like the most...dont know what colors the cars are...but chose the color you want and check out the condition of the car (interior...scratches..tires ,etc.)you will be very happy with your new ride.also the hud is very sweet.prices vary. depends where you live......good luck...keep us updated and show some pics if possible......

c5 rv
07-09-08, 10:09 AM
Have your service advisor run the VIN so you can review the warranty history, looking to see if any of them are trouble-prone. (I would worry about the 3-owner car.) Also determine the original sale/lease date of each car since that is the start of the 6-year CPO warranty period. That can be a 12 month difference in your advantage/disadvantage. I would absolutely get CPO, especially with a first year of the new model.

jspeaect
07-09-08, 07:50 PM
Another kink in my hose here...

The white STS with 12k on it is out...made it sound like they'd do $26K, but stuck at $30.5.

The other issue is this...if I get an STS I want one with everything (can live with/without adaptive cruise), but I'm very use to the nice ride of the DTS. After reading people's post it appears ride can be an issue with the set up I'm looking at. I've only driven the V6AWD without the magnetic ride. So, my other option is a fully loaded DTS (Lux III) no adaptive or moonroof, but I could live with it. It would have the most warranty and be the cheapest. Will I be unhappy with the ride of the STS??? I'm use to a nice ride.

Thanks for your help!

shudog
07-10-08, 12:49 PM
Better drive some more STS cars to make sure that's what you really like and want. If you're used to the DTS you might be disappointed. As far as the other cars go, I'd take the Certified PreOwned car. As stated in other posts, these cars are complex and expensive to repair. A $2,000 premium for a longer warranty could easily pay for itself. If you find a car that you really like and is a good price, try and negotiate a warranty to be included for like $1500 or something....

c5 rv
07-10-08, 03:09 PM
... As far as the other cars go, I'd take the Certified PreOwned car. As stated in other posts, these cars are complex and expensive to repair. A $2,000 premium for a longer warranty could easily pay for itself. If you find a car that you really like and is a good price, try and negotiate a warranty to be included for like $1500 or something....

Others here, and one dealer I know, have reported that the dealer cost to have the car certified with the Cadillac CPO program is $1,000. Some dealers will pass the certification cost through without markup.

Benjamin Simon
07-14-08, 11:15 PM
Another kink in my hose here...

The white STS with 12k on it is out...made it sound like they'd do $26K, but stuck at $30.5.

The other issue is this...if I get an STS I want one with everything (can live with/without adaptive cruise), but I'm very use to the nice ride of the DTS. After reading people's post it appears ride can be an issue with the set up I'm looking at. I've only driven the V6AWD without the magnetic ride. So, my other option is a fully loaded DTS (Lux III) no adaptive or moonroof, but I could live with it. It would have the most warranty and be the cheapest. Will I be unhappy with the ride of the STS??? I'm use to a nice ride.

Thanks for your help!

Unless they got buryed when they puchased the car, I paid $28.4K 16 months ago for my RWD, 1SG w/ACC. It has 15K on the clock if I recall and was only 9 month since first sold. (Something else to consider) They have $23K in it. If not, it is not your fault they are buried.