: New Exhaust

Roswell256
06-07-04, 03:47 PM
Its about that time. My exhaust has seen better days. And while I'm starting to like that little bit of rummble out of my baby, I can't help but wonder if this is hurting my car. From what I understand my engine needs a little bit of back preasure from the exhaust system to run right.

Does anyone have any after market exhaust that helps at all. I know on some cars if I went stock exhaust but added electronic valves to open it up straight when I wanted to, its suposed to add power. I can't quite see how this would help. Like I said above wiht the back preasure.

What's everyone else running?

thanks
-Roswell-

elwesso
06-07-04, 04:25 PM
You need *some* backpressure for the EGR to work right, but thats not a big deal... You dont really need backpressure for the car to run good as a whole, but with your emissions systems your going to have some backpressure

Roswell256
06-07-04, 04:29 PM
Then maybe I will look into adding the valves into the exhaust system. I know its a little ricy, but when a lawnmower sounding ricer pulls up I can just flip the switch and let him listen to a real engine.

I can't find anything online about how much it would be to do the exhaust sytem.

Also should I look into replacing the catalytic converter as well? or not bothere with it.

Thanks

elwesso
06-07-04, 08:59 PM
Where are you located... If they dont do emissions i wouldnt bother..... If the car has under 150k you are probably OK...

I dont think youll be able to do what your talking about, but itd be cool.....