: My Order is in Preliminary Stage

FrgMstr
07-09-08, 12:29 AM
I put my deposit down some time ago to get one of the three CTS-V's that Crest Caddy (http://www.crestcad.com/) would get here in North Dallas. They gave me word late Monday 7/7/08 that the computer finally accepted the "prelim" order. He said he expected it to be "picked up" by Thursday. No pricing yet. With my 1K down, Crest guranteed sticker. Guess we will see what happens. They have done me right with the Escalade so far so they deserve a shot at the biz and no other dealer in North Dallas would do the same.

Since this CTS-V is being built at the Corvette plant, I did ask if I could go to the whole assembly line thing when they put together my car. No answer on this yet. But if they do allow me, bet your butt I will be having a nice long drive home if possible. :) Anyone know anything on that????

Black Ice (Went and looked at a 2009 CTS in Black Ice and loved it.)
Auto (It better be as good as they say!!!)
All Options. (Sunroof, 19" Rims, Perf Package, Recarros) Not sure why some of the options were listed like that on the order screen, but I guess I will find out.

:thankyou:And a shoutout to urbanski (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=11667), long timer at the HardForum (http://www.hardforum.com). (Hope to see you back there soon. Your Caddy needs a PC right? ;) )

RightTurn
07-09-08, 12:39 AM
:woohoo: How cool is THAT?

Florian
07-09-08, 01:18 AM
1000 status until Nov. I bet.

F

Cadillac Tony
07-09-08, 01:20 AM
:yeah:

Florian
07-09-08, 01:25 AM
eogld doesnt even have any CTSv stuff available yet. I think the dealer is messing with him.

F

urbanski
07-09-08, 07:37 AM
:thankyou:And a shoutout to urbanski (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=11667), long timer at the HardForum (http://www.hardforum.com). (Hope to see you back there soon. Your Caddy needs a PC right? ;) )

hey back at ya big guy. I WILL come to Dallas to see that baby when you get her :drool:

CIWS
07-09-08, 09:52 AM
Congrats on the order. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping the folks at Crest are being straight with you. If not your "adventures" with them will be posted here in the Cadillac Forum for all to hear and see. :yup:

urbanski
07-09-08, 10:49 AM
i feel like its 1999 in this thread :p

demorgan59
07-09-08, 12:00 PM
I don't think you'll be seeing too many CTS-V's being built in Bowling Green.

FrgMstr
07-09-08, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the order. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping the folks at Crest are being straight with you. If not your "adventures" with them will be posted here in the Cadillac Forum for all to hear and see. :yup:

That you can count on! I am not here to blow smoke up any skirts. Just figured that some forum goers might like know what is being said to the people with money actually already down on a CTS-V already.

As far as the order goes, I was there with Crest when the computer would not take the order at all but would allow us to look at the options screens (that I saw with my own eyes). I don't think Crest has any reason to lie to me and has made no guarantees on the order being placed anywhere beyond what the system will allow it to do now which was told to me to be accepted by the computer as preliminary.

At urbanski: Did not see the three of us ending up on the same board again either. CIWS left the HardForum years ago, voluntarily though. ;)

FrgMstr
07-09-08, 12:13 PM
I don't think you'll be seeing too many CTS-V's being built in Bowling Green.

Was I mininformed on this? :( That information did NOT come from the dealer but was something I think I read here. I could be wrong about that as well. If you have more information to share than the statement above, please put me in the know. Thanks!

Cadillac Tony
07-09-08, 01:20 PM
All CTSs (including Vs) are built at the LGR (Lansing Grand River) plant in Michigan. The Bowling Green facility is not set up to produce Sigma chassis cars.

As far as the order goes, I would guess that your Dealer has placed it in his preliminary order bank. Orders won't be accepted until a Dealer has allocation for it, which no one has right now. On-Line order/ Reference guides aren't up yet, nor is the info on the model pricing server. That will all happen long before allocation is given, so don't get too excited just yet. I'm still guessing late November/early December before we see the first actual pictures of someone in a CTS-V that they own on these forums.

CIWS
07-09-08, 01:54 PM
It's the XLR that's made in the Vette plant in KY isn't it ?

Cadillac Tony
07-09-08, 01:59 PM
Yep. The C6 and XLR use the same frame rails and floorpan, but deviate once they get to body, interior and powertrain.

Cadillaclover1988
07-09-08, 02:33 PM
I got a question. If your like a millionaire or sumthin can you purchase a 2009 cts-v in the usa right now,because my fiance's uncle supposed to get us one shipped here thursday or friday and he spent over 100,000 dollars in cash money to get it

Gordy Petrovski
07-09-08, 02:34 PM
Congrats,I have my deposit at Sewell (Grapevine). They told me August to pick options,we will see.

urbanski
07-09-08, 02:37 PM
I got a question. If your like a millionaire or sumthin can you purchase a 2009 cts-v in the usa right now,because my fiance's uncle supposed to get us one shipped here thursday or friday and he spent over 100,000 dollars in cash money to get it

great first post....they are not built yet. have fun here.

urbanski
07-09-08, 02:38 PM
Frg, if your dealer jacks you around just call Cadillac Tony. He's an awesome forum asset!

Cadillaclover1988
07-09-08, 02:49 PM
so you tellin me you cant get one

RightTurn
07-09-08, 02:55 PM
They're not built yet.

RightTurn
07-09-08, 03:24 PM
But...maybe urbanski can get one via his Platinum Dealership. :coffee:

CIWS
07-09-08, 03:37 PM
so you tellin me you cant get one

The only ones out there are the pre-production / test vehicles of GMs. The car has not begun actual production yet.

The Tony Show
07-09-08, 04:25 PM
I'm sure they did. Be sure to post pics when you get it next week. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

FrgMstr
07-09-08, 04:28 PM
I feel like I am back in the video card forum....... ;)

Thanks for the information Tony. I will report in when I have more on my end.

Cadillac Tony
07-09-08, 04:33 PM
My pleasure. I know that Crest here in Florida is a class joint, so hopefully the one in Dallas is just as good.

FrgMstr
07-09-08, 04:38 PM
My pleasure. I know that Crest here in Florida is a class joint, so hopefully the one in Dallas is just as good.

Yes, they are here in Dallas too. I know they are working with limited information as well. You sound to be a bit more plugged in than the normal sales guy and your previous posts have shown you to be on the spot more often than not by a good percentage.
And obviously you are a V enthusiast.

HushH
07-09-08, 04:51 PM
Urb, is your multiple personality disorder acting up again....

urbanski
07-09-08, 04:52 PM
frg, sorry about that.

thebigjimsho
07-09-08, 07:09 PM
frg, sorry about that.urby has been testes lately...:welcome:

Dualcams34
07-09-08, 10:54 PM
News from inside the plant that builds CTS's and the CTS-v. which is in Lansing, Mi. At this time it won't be until late August before we build saleable V's. We have completed our pilot runs and the Car is building very well. I love the car, one of the tightest I have ever seen come out of our Lansing plant. When you get your order number, e mail it to me and I can get the thing built maybe 2-3 weeks sooner. I will make sure the everything will be right when it leaves Lansing.

Florian
07-09-08, 11:05 PM
News from inside the plant that builds CTS's and the CTS-v. which is in Lansing, Mi. At this time it won't be until late August before we build saleable V's. We have completed our pilot runs and the Car is building very well. I love the car, one of the tightest I have ever seen come out of our Lansing plant. When you get your order number, e mail it to me and I can get the thing built maybe 2-3 weeks sooner. I will make sure the everything will be right when it leaves Lansing.

very cool post. I hope you can help our forum members.

F

Dr Chill
07-09-08, 11:46 PM

Just curious, what is your job in the plant? Is that offer open to others like me who have been waiting a very long time?

Jpjr
07-10-08, 12:39 AM
That was a valuable post. 100% true or not, it is the first new info I have heard in what seems like 2 months or more.

v84life
07-10-08, 01:55 AM
Love any new info I can get..

FrgMstr
07-10-08, 08:49 AM

This is in line with what Crest told me. Possibly August delivery but don't expect it till September! Yippee! That is all good news to me.

I will make sure and share the information when I get it in hand DC! Many thanks for the offer and just the fact that care enough to offer to help out is pretty damn cool in my book.

Kadonny
07-10-08, 10:05 AM

Good post, I hope and will believe it is 100% truthful. Tell us what you do there and any other goodies we might want to hear....please.

csp3000
07-10-08, 10:08 AM

I will be soooooooooo happy if this is true.
:worship::worship::banana::banana::cheers::woohoo: :woohoo::sunnynana::dance7::rave::nanaparty:

chris1268
07-10-08, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the info......First new news in quite some time.

Dualcams34
07-10-08, 12:59 PM
Well, I don't really care to much to let people know what I do, because I just don't know if GM and my management would think that helping customers out with inside info is very cool. I can tell you that I'm an hourly person and I love our cars we build. I must be careful on what I put out here because this is not a normal function of any assembly plant. I don't give away secrets or anything like that so I don't think I can do any harm. As long as I'm not on a GM computer I don't think that they can do anything to me. Besides you would not believe how many cars I can sell just but giving a little special attention to someone I don't even know with there build. I do have more info on the antenna issue but that will have to wait. As for the cts build, we should start slow builds for saleable V's at the end of this month. It looks like we are going to be processing at least 100 v's by mid august. More later Thanks for buying our American Made Vehicles. You will like the CTS V's

urbanski
07-10-08, 01:13 PM
^^^^thanks for your help :)

RightTurn
07-10-08, 01:29 PM
It looks like we are going to be processing at least 100 v's by mid august. More later Thanks for buying our American Made Vehicles. You will like the CTS V's

:w00t: :patriot: Thanks for the update!!

Jpjr
07-10-08, 02:04 PM
this is a very valuable update, thank you very much again.

as far as the first 100, those will be next to impossible to get if you are not #1 on a dealer that will surely get an initial allocation (ex: Miami, etc.). but the fact that production may begin in August means there is a great chance of getting one in fall 2008 unless something creates a work stoppage.

MIACTSV
07-10-08, 06:35 PM
I hope I can get one of those first 100 I'm number 2 at a local dealer in Miami The days on my current lease are running out very fast.:suspense:

BTW: What is the antenna issue?

Jpjr
07-11-08, 01:26 AM
I hope I can get one of those first 100 I'm number 2 at a local dealer in Miami The days on my current lease are running out very fast.:suspense:

BTW: What is the antenna issue?

From my "inside" days, I can say that Miami usually gets cars first. Being #2 in Miami is better than being #1 in 99% of the country. This goes for all automakers.

jasaero
07-11-08, 03:35 AM
From my "inside" days, I can say that Miami usually gets cars first. Being #2 in Miami is better than being #1 in 99% of the country. This goes for all automakers.

I've heard that before. Why is that?? I am here in West Palm Beach right now and have noticed lots of cars soon after intro more than other places. But, figured SoCal was even more early than here I guess.

v84life
07-11-08, 04:05 AM
My 01 Z06 was a first car at a dealer here in Southern California. It was about 3 weeks behind the east. We are simply farther away from where it's born.

Kadonny
07-11-08, 09:41 AM
Well, I don't really care to much to let people know what I do, because I just don't know if GM and my management would think that helping customers out with inside info is very cool. I can tell you that I'm an hourly person and I love our cars we build. I must be careful on what I put out here because this is not a normal function of any assembly plant. I don't give away secrets or anything like that so I don't think I can do any harm. As long as I'm not on a GM computer I don't think that they can do anything to me. Besides you would not believe how many cars I can sell just but giving a little special attention to someone I don't even know with there build. I do have more info on the antenna issue but that will have to wait. As for the cts build, we should start slow builds for saleable V's at the end of this month. It looks like we are going to be processing at least 100 v's by mid august. More later Thanks for buying our American Made Vehicles. You will like the CTS V's

Good info, we truly appreciate it. I will store your name for when I put my order in probably around November/December. I'm just trying to gauge my timing as when my STS-V lease expires and when I have to order.

Again, thanks.

MIACTSV
07-11-08, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gordy Petrovski
07-11-08, 02:56 PM
^^^^^^^x2

Florian
07-11-08, 04:47 PM
dupe...sorry.

F

DoctorV8
07-17-08, 02:45 AM
Dualcam34,

I was able to arrange to watch my '06 Z06 being built at the factory in Bowling Green.....any chance you could help me do the same in Lansing? Hoping to place an order soon....

Thanks,

Sanjay