: First Time Escalade Owner 1999 Any Tips

Mystikpymp
07-08-08, 11:06 PM
Hello everyone. Finally my dream has came true. I have gotten the truck Ive wanted forever. It is a 1999 with 124,000. I know its old and high miles, but I finally have one. So my question is this. What are some things you guys suggest I can do to it. I know I want a different grille, but Im not sure which one to get. Other than that Im sort of lost as what to do. I know radio and rims. I have noticed a couple things since I got it. First the daytime running lights were working and now have stopped. Then they are a few lights out in the dash. Then finally sometimes when I hit the break to shift from park its like it doesn't engage the release to shift it out of park. Any ideas on those things. Thank you all in advance and love the forum :thumbsup:

joee5
07-11-08, 08:54 AM
#1 buy yourself shares in some kinda gas station. J/K. I just traded in me 2000 Lade w/133+K on it. Ran like a dream just needed something a lil bit reliable traveling with me 2 girls. Best of luck with it and my she drive you many,many more miles to comes. :) God Bless, Joe

setes
07-11-08, 02:41 PM
#1 buy yourself shares in some kinda gas station. J/K. I just traded in me 2000 Lade w/133+K on it.

Lol :-D
Good one :lildevil:
It's true. Mine with 153k still runs great.

Paul,

skrup722
07-11-08, 03:02 PM
siiick what color? Personally I think the 99 is the best looking lade, i wish it justt had a f**king fuel range gauge...fuel can be rough as im sure you know, good luck with yours! I bought mine with 97,000 last august, and now I have 114,000 no major problems so far(knock on wood) almost a year, enjoy swayin from lane to lane grippin wood grain! :) peace