: I finally got my car today!

Night Wolf
06-07-03, 02:23 AM
Hey everyone, well when it was time for me to be picked up at work tonight at 8, my mother and Richie (her boyfriend, as of almost 15 years now) came to pick me up in my car (Richie got up here this afternoon) I first saw it coming around the corner, and had this huge grin across my face.... the car looks alot beter then in the pictures. We took the long way back, and wow, it was everything I thought it would be.

When we got back home, it was getting dark, I took some pictures of the outside, and a ton of the inside, but the ones of the outside didn't come out good, so I'll take some more tomorrow and show everyone. I'll show you guys a few of the inside.

At about 8:30 I was in the car, and brought a few MP3 cd's with me, and started messing around with all the features on my head unit (the factory am/fm/cassette w/ 5 band eq. didn't work, and Richie said he coudln't drive up from Florida with no radio) so I got a Alpine CDA-9807, and was messing around with all the features on it. 3 hours later, I reclined the seat, had the remote in my hand, and must have fell asleep becuase when I woke up it was 1:20.... I was surprised, I was not sore, or anything, the sleep was pretty good

Anyway, I'll go more into detail tomorrow about things, and get some nice shots of the outside (I gotta clean it up, first)

Here are some random pictures of the inside:

This is the upper part of the dash (I would really like to get a small triple gauge cluster and mount it under the dash to monitor the engine better)

Night Wolf
06-07-03, 02:24 AM
This is the Alpine, it was kinda expensive, alittle more then I wanted to spend, but it had all the features I wanted, and I really like the silver/blue color combo (IMO, they go together very well) it has a remote, can play MP3 cd's, XM-ready (I prefer Sirrius, but Alpine only uses XM, so who cares) and in general, I think it looks nice in the car, and I love it and all the features.

Night Wolf
06-07-03, 02:26 AM
Here is a picture of the front..... my car has the gold emblem package, I personally perfer silver over gold (with anything) but hey, the gold emblems are an extra option, and my car has them, so I wont argue :D

it was getting real dark, so the picture came out bad:

Night Wolf
06-07-03, 02:28 AM
Here is a neat shot of the grille

Tomorrow I will spend most of the day cleaning the inside and outside of the car, I don't have to work, and have nothing else to do..... I really hope it will not rain like they said it might, for the last 2 weeks it has done nothing but rain.

Ralph
06-07-03, 02:45 AM
Damn, that's a nice car looks almost as nice as mine. LOL! I love the gold package, I keep my gold hood ornament in my safe 'cause a lot of them do get stolen, so I use the silver one on the car. I can't really tell the color, is it dark brown or beige? What year? The dash is almost identical to mine, but I got the digital which sure takes some getting used to!

Night Wolf
06-07-03, 10:41 AM
The color is Gunmetal Charcoal (outside) and it has the half-vinyl roof (whatever it is called) it is a Coupe. the inside is a neutral shale or something like that.... tan, and the dash is a lighter brown on the top. That is one thing my car dosn't have that I wanted, the digital dash.... I think they were cool, but the car had everything else, not bad on the miles (now has 79,xxx) it is a coupe (had to be 2 door) and the price was right (came from Florida) it is a '93.

When the car was at the dealer, some kids stole the hood ornament, the Caddy emblem that covers the trunk lock, and the 4.9 V8 emblem...... the guy said the kids make a necklace with them...... yeah real cool. So he had bought new emblems right from Caddy for the ones that were taken, and wow, they shine :D

It is raining today.... that really sucks, I guess I will not be able to clean up the car (maybe it'll stop raining later in the day) and I'll see if I can get pictures of the outside.

elwesso
06-07-03, 11:13 AM
My grandpa got his emblems and wire spoke wheels stolen off of his 92 brougham.....

BeelzeBob
06-07-03, 12:42 PM
The car look great! I'd love to see more pictures so post 'em when you can - add them to our image archive.. Any interior shots would be appreciated as well. :D

elwesso
06-07-03, 01:18 PM
Sal, you and your interior.....

Elvis
06-07-03, 03:04 PM
SWEET!

I remember the excitement of getting that first car. Damn, I miss it. I've spent my entire life trying to duplicate it, but nothing ever comes close.

FYI, Panther, it never gets any better than this. Enjoy!