Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 101 replies 18 participants last post by  GMBOUND 
#1 ·
So who's going? Where are we meeting? When? :D

#3 ·
I'll be there. Is Spectre Works having another open house?
Probably. MescalVto and I were talking at Baker's the other day, and we seemed to think that would work again this year. Bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, coffee, a tour, good car-talk stuff, got a nice Mobil 1 hat ... can't beat it!

I'd really like to meet up with Florian and his bud, Rich, in Birmingham sometime afterward. Other than that, I'm easy.

Oh, btw, I'll have my five-year-old sidekick with me, so if anyone else has kids, bring 'em.

#6 ·
Count me in...I have a 5,6 & 8 year old daughters but not sure if I'm bringing them. I may stay out late for a little street fun!

I work in Birmingham so I'll be cruising all week.

#7 ·
Let me know when and where.
Randy I might bring my dad, to help the the father son theme.

#9 ·
Jon, we've got four more weeks ... relax! Summers are short here "up north," and people are busy cutting wood for winter, storing nuts, canning fruits and vegatables, waxing the runners on our dogsleds ...

That last two weeks or so is when everybody will finally commit.

BTW, Tmac11, newer member from Windsor, may come. Personally, I'm expecting somewhere in the 5-10 guy range this year ... 6-11 if you come. :D

#11 ·
Another trip? Well, honestly, even though we'll get together here, it really is pretty loosey-goosey, hit 'n miss, "your check is in the mail" kinda thing. Yeah, we'll meet up alright, but other obligations will limit each guy's situation, so some guys will be around 5-6 hours maybe while others will be there for only an hour or so or not show up at all especially if it rains.

Bottom line: we're not completely reliable despite good intentions.

Where's the other trip to?

#13 ·
I already paid for my VIP pass & booked a hotel. I was planning going with the Black '96 Fleetwood, but I don't think I will have the new trans in by then :(

#21 ·
Yes, I'm will be there. Sorry for my absence, I've been moving!
But here's the deal. I just got my invitation today!
I'm actually going to be in the "GM Century Cruise" event as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise.
I don't know what all that going to do as this is my 1st cruise.
But the acceptance form is asking me, "Do you intend to utilize the GM provided parking spot at the Woodward Dream Cruise?"
Should I do this?
How far away will this be from you guys?
Has anyone else been invited?

#22 ·
Lucky Bastage!:bouncy:
The Heritage reception Friday night sounds like the real prize in the package, if you do not have enough friends family available to use all your guest tickets, I can be available to help round out your group:thumbsup:

I would take them up on the parking, it is likely near downtown B'ham where we should be meeting after (hopefully) Spectre; your cruise thing will likely conflict with meeting at Spectre earlier, but I am sure one of us can, meet or come pick you up if your free parking is not close enough to where ever the rest of us all end up after

#25 ·
Lucky Bastage!:bouncy:
The Heritage reception Friday night sounds like the real prize in the package,
:hmm::hmm: I didn't recall mentioning the Friday Reception.
You're in the know:yup:
Did you already know somebody who got an invite?:D
Please let me know if another V owner is going to be in attendance.

#23 ·
Thank you kind sir!
I'm going to go ahead and check the box for the GM provided parking.
It's asking for names of my guest. As of right now, I have my 2 kids with either my dad or my wife riding shotgun!

Is anybody doing the DetroitGP?
www.detroitgp.com
The CTS-VR will be there for the SCCA race.
The corvette owners get to go to the Corvette Coral. I think we V owners ought to spoil that little meeting.

Is anybody going to this before I buy tickets?
8/31

#28 ·
Not really in the know . . . 1st I heard of this was when I read your post this morning! google search lead to the below, from a posting in the solstice forum by another lucky recipient . . . other posts included some buzz and and the below link re:cool stuff at the heritage center . . .

"Dear GM Century Cruise Participant:

On behalf of General Motors and the GM Heritage Center, we would like to congratulate you on being selected to participate in the GM Century Cruise event on Saturday, August 16 as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Your vehicle stood out among the many entries that were sent in by GM car enthusiasts. We are excited about your participation. Each participant will be allowed three guests (four people per vehicle) and you will be provided a parking spot right in the middle of the Dream Cruise action.

This historic cruise from GM Headquarters at the Renaissance Center in Detroit to the heart of the Woodward Dream Cruise is expected to gain a great deal of media attention and will be a significant part of GM’s celebration as we transition into our second century … something we call GMnext.
For your planning purposes, there are two important dates to mark on your calendar – Friday, August 15 and Saturday, August 16. On Friday evening we will be hosting an appreciation event for you and your guests at the GM Heritage Center. You will also be briefed that evening regarding exact parade route, safety protocol, etc. And of course, Saturday will be the day of the Dream Cruise festivities."

http://www.gm.com/corporate/about/he...bout/index.jsp

#31 ·
GM will be fine, lots of very smart people working there, just got to get through this current period, and the economy can work to your benefit from a cost of living standpoint.

Sounds like your wife needs some encouragement. Maybe a good church (if she's into that), and when school starts the kids will make a ton of friends and she'll meet other moms (and househusbands :eek:). Fall is full of activities such as apple picking, soccer, football, then Halloween. Is she highly social?

#33 ·
Probably start at Specter Werks in Troy at around 10-11 am.

Then, I'm personally meeting up with Florian and his buddy, Rich (got a cigar for him :cool:), in Birmingham near 14-1/2 and Woodward near the Porch dealer, then gotta hurry home so my wife doesn't blow a gasket.

Say, who are you, anyway?

#34 ·
Ironically, my name is "Rich," but not the one you mentioned...lol. Live in Davison, and I am somewhat new to the CTS-V forum. I bought a 05' Silver V this past winter, as my canarie C5 had to go with the recent addition to the family. Look forward to meeting some CTS-V owners, and seeing some nifty mods.....for ideas of course!!!!

#37 ·
Just over a week left.
This saturday the V gets Detailed, and if my wife acts right (lets me drive her Envoy to work), put into hibernation until Saturday at 5:30am!

I got my info packet from GM yesterday. I had no idea, I had to be there from 6am to 7pm! Randy, I'll definately be looking forward to you stopping by to see me!
There will also be a voting for "Top Cruiser" going on starting today! When I get more info as to my voting number, I pass it on, I would hope I could get a couple of votes from you guys.
More to come

#42 ·
You not only said it, you even spelled it right! (I think you did, anyway.)

Seriously, bigjim, if you were indeed coming, I for one would make it a point to meet up. My time is limited, that's all, so couldn't "hangout" into the evening or anything. There are a few other single guys who, not needing a pass, might be able to, however. Lots of cruising even beginning early in the week. Thursday is pretty big. Friday is incredible. Saturday is simply over the top.

... I work right on Woodward just south of 16 mile (big beaver). We have an open lot behind the building as an alternative location to meet up. Nothing exciting but there will be little to no cars. Easy access. ...
EXCELLENT location! Could we seriously park there? How many cars/guys?

#41 ·
Count me in for the Dream Cruise. I'm in Las Vegas next week but I will be back on Thursday for more fun...I work right on Woodward just south of 16 mile (big beaver). We have an open lot behind the building as an alternative location to meet up. Nothing exciting but there will be little to no cars. Easy access.

Either way just let me know the location and I will be there.

#43 ·
I had thought about coming out to Woodward but I'd need a more committal group. Since I canceled my big vacation, I've been itching to do some sort of travel. The SHO guys have a BBQ tomorrow in Chicago and I'm heading out tonight and will be coming home Sunday. So I won't be doing 2 weekends in a row...

#63 ·
Jason, the guy from Deep Gloss, has been here since 7am, He's not even applied wax yet and the car looks DEEEElicious!
The exhaust tips are Shining good!
http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110297-deep-gloss-auto-salon-cadillac-cts-v-infra-red.html

:cool2: Shiney!Shiney! indeed . . . Have you seen the pics your detailer posted?:drool:

Looks pretty impressive, did you get the Delux, Premier, or something in between?

:stirpot: Maybe we can work Jason for some kinda group rate for forum members pre-dream cruise . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.