: Woodward 2008

Jon
07-08-08, 06:27 PM
So who's going? Where are we meeting? When? :D

mbiker97_old
07-08-08, 07:19 PM
I'll be there. Is Spectre Works having another open house?

rand49er
07-08-08, 08:09 PM
I'll be there. Is Spectre Works having another open house?Probably. MescalVto and I were talking at Baker's the other day, and we seemed to think that would work again this year. Bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, coffee, a tour, good car-talk stuff, got a nice Mobil 1 hat ... can't beat it!

I'd really like to meet up with Florian and his bud, Rich, in Birmingham sometime afterward. Other than that, I'm easy.

Oh, btw, I'll have my five-year-old sidekick with me, so if anyone else has kids, bring 'em.

Jon
07-08-08, 08:12 PM
Probably. MescalVto and I were talking at Baker's the other day, and we seemed to think that would work again this year. Bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, coffee, a tour, good car-talk stuff, got a nice Mobil 1 hat ... can't beat it!

I'd really like to meet up with Florian and his bud, Rich, in Birmingham sometime afterward. Other than that, I'm easy.

Oh, btw, I'll have my five-year-old sidekick with me, so if anyone else has kids, bring 'em.
No kids but I'll bring my dad. He should be there in his C6.

Florian
07-09-08, 12:40 AM

Well be in B-ham all weekend....as we get closer Ill PM you my cell and we can have a refreshment or two...

F

JD03Cobra
07-09-08, 08:22 AM
Count me in...I have a 5,6 & 8 year old daughters but not sure if I'm bringing them. I may stay out late for a little street fun!

I work in Birmingham so I'll be cruising all week.

Bigron
07-09-08, 08:36 AM
Let me know when and where.
Randy I might bring my dad, to help the the father son theme.

Jon
07-19-08, 02:09 PM
Damn... I thought a lot more V owners would be there. Doesn't seem like I'm gonna make it anymore. :(

rand49er
07-19-08, 07:06 PM
Damn... I thought a lot more V owners would be there. Doesn't seem like I'm gonna make it anymore. :(Jon, we've got four more weeks ... relax! Summers are short here "up north," and people are busy cutting wood for winter, storing nuts, canning fruits and vegatables, waxing the runners on our dogsleds ...

That last two weeks or so is when everybody will finally commit.

BTW, Tmac11, newer member from Windsor, may come. Personally, I'm expecting somewhere in the 5-10 guy range this year ... 6-11 if you come. :D

Jon
07-19-08, 08:46 PM
Jon, we've got four more weeks ... relax! Summers are short here "up north," and people are busy cutting wood for winter, storing nuts, canning fruits and vegatables, waxing the runners on our dogsleds ...

That last two weeks or so is when everybody will finally commit.

BTW, Tmac11, newer member from Windsor, may come. Personally, I'm expecting somewhere in the 5-10 guy range this year ... 6-11 if you come. :D
People were telling me I had to book my hotel way in advance so I thought people would commit earlier. I have the opportunity to go on another trip that weekend with some of my friends so that's why I wanted to see how many would show; give me an idea of which trip would be more worthwhile. Ah well, cyas in '09? :)

rand49er
07-20-08, 07:51 AM
Another trip? Well, honestly, even though we'll get together here, it really is pretty loosey-goosey, hit 'n miss, "your check is in the mail" kinda thing. Yeah, we'll meet up alright, but other obligations will limit each guy's situation, so some guys will be around 5-6 hours maybe while others will be there for only an hour or so or not show up at all especially if it rains.

Bottom line: we're not completely reliable despite good intentions.

Where's the other trip to?

rand49er
07-20-08, 08:03 AM
BTW, Tmac11, newer member from Windsor, may come. ...Oops! I meant "your maker" ... <-- HE'S the guy from Windsor, not Tmac11.

96Fleetwood
07-20-08, 08:14 AM
I already paid for my VIP pass & booked a hotel. I was planning going with the Black '96 Fleetwood, but I don't think I will have the new trans in by then :(

Jon
07-20-08, 11:14 AM
Another trip? Well, honestly, even though we'll get together here, it really is pretty loosey-goosey, hit 'n miss, "your check is in the mail" kinda thing. Yeah, we'll meet up alright, but other obligations will limit each guy's situation, so some guys will be around 5-6 hours maybe while others will be there for only an hour or so or not show up at all especially if it rains.

Bottom line: we're not completely reliable despite good intentions.

Where's the other trip to?
Ahhh ok.

Montreal with some of my friends :)

Tmac11
07-20-08, 12:16 PM
I'm a Michigan guy.:highfive:
If I'm in state that weekend I'll definitely be there.

rand49er
07-20-08, 05:41 PM
In what other State could you possibly want to be?

Our robust economy, our wonderful governor, our taxes meant to "invest in Michigan" ... of course you'll be here. :thepan:

Tmac11
07-20-08, 09:00 PM
LOL!!! I would always want to be here but work likes to send me to the far reaches of the country for different projects. Usually at the worst times.:annoyed:

thebigjimsho
07-20-08, 09:03 PM
Jon is always bowing out of these things...:mad2:

Jon
07-21-08, 02:07 AM
Jon is always bowing out of these things...:mad2:
Hey, I came to man-stew 2008!

rand49er
07-21-08, 08:19 AM
... man-stew 2008!Why does this conjure up a very unappealing image?

GMBOUND
07-21-08, 09:00 AM
Yes, I'm will be there. Sorry for my absence, I've been moving!
But here's the deal. I just got my invitation today!
I'm actually going to be in the "GM Century Cruise" event as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise.
I don't know what all that going to do as this is my 1st cruise.
But the acceptance form is asking me, "Do you intend to utilize the GM provided parking spot at the Woodward Dream Cruise?"
Should I do this?
How far away will this be from you guys?
Has anyone else been invited?

MescalVto
07-21-08, 11:34 AM
Lucky Bastage!:bouncy:
The Heritage reception Friday night sounds like the real prize in the package, if you do not have enough friends family available to use all your guest tickets, I can be available to help round out your group:thumbsup:

I would take them up on the parking, it is likely near downtown B'ham where we should be meeting after (hopefully) Spectre; your cruise thing will likely conflict with meeting at Spectre earlier, but I am sure one of us can, meet or come pick you up if your free parking is not close enough to where ever the rest of us all end up after

GMBOUND
07-21-08, 11:52 AM
Thank you kind sir!
I'm going to go ahead and check the box for the GM provided parking.
It's asking for names of my guest. As of right now, I have my 2 kids with either my dad or my wife riding shotgun!

Is anybody doing the DetroitGP?
www.detroitgp.com
The CTS-VR will be there for the SCCA race.
The corvette owners get to go to the Corvette Coral. I think we V owners ought to spoil that little meeting.

Is anybody going to this before I buy tickets?
8/31

thebigjimsho
07-21-08, 11:58 AM
Hey, I came to man-stew 2008!Yes, but you left before the really fun parts...

GMBOUND
07-21-08, 11:59 AM
Lucky Bastage!:bouncy:
The Heritage reception Friday night sounds like the real prize in the package,

:hmm::hmm: I didn't recall mentioning the Friday Reception.
You're in the know:yup:
Did you already know somebody who got an invite?:D
Please let me know if another V owner is going to be in attendance.

Jon
07-21-08, 12:27 PM
Yes, but you left before the really fun parts...
My g/f and I had other fun planned LOL

thebigjimsho
07-21-08, 12:57 PM
My g/f and I had other fun planned LOLother fun < our fun

MescalVto
07-21-08, 03:18 PM
Not really in the know . . . 1st I heard of this was when I read your post this morning! google search lead to the below, from a posting in the solstice forum by another lucky recipient . . . other posts included some buzz and and the below link re:cool stuff at the heritage center . . .

"Dear GM Century Cruise Participant:

On behalf of General Motors and the GM Heritage Center, we would like to congratulate you on being selected to participate in the GM Century Cruise event on Saturday, August 16 as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Your vehicle (http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/#) stood out among the many entries that were sent in by GM car enthusiasts. We are excited about your participation. Each participant will be allowed three guests (four people per vehicle) and you will be provided a parking spot right in the middle of the Dream Cruise action.

This historic cruise from GM Headquarters at the Renaissance Center in Detroit to the heart of the Woodward Dream Cruise is expected to gain a great deal of media attention and will be a significant part of GM’s celebration as we transition into our second century … something we call GMnext.
For your planning purposes, there are two important dates to mark on your calendar – Friday, August 15 and Saturday, August 16. On Friday evening we will be hosting an appreciation event for you and your guests at the GM Heritage Center. You will also be briefed that evening regarding exact parade route, safety protocol, etc. And of course, Saturday will be the day of the Dream Cruise festivities."

http://www.gm.com/corporate/about/he...bout/index.jsp

rand49er
07-21-08, 03:29 PM
... if you do not have enough friends family available to use all your guest tickets, I can be available to help round out your group:thumbsup: ...Yeah, and I could be your brother ... uh, make that brother-in-law. :D

All kidding aside, GMBound, I'm thinking that the GM parking will either be at 13-1/2 Mile on the east side of Woodward or just north of 14 Mile Rd on the west side of Woodward. Anybody know for sure?

Either way, GREAT parking, and we should be very close walking distance from there.

(PS I wondered if that's why you hadn't been around ... moving, that is ... lotta work! How does your wife like it up here so far?)

GMBOUND
07-21-08, 09:23 PM
A great deal of work moving. A lot of our belongings were damaged. Wifey is still not too happy, she's here though!
I'm slightly weary about the economy here and the announcement made last week.

rand49er
07-22-08, 07:22 AM
GM will be fine, lots of very smart people working there, just got to get through this current period, and the economy can work to your benefit from a cost of living standpoint.

Sounds like your wife needs some encouragement. Maybe a good church (if she's into that), and when school starts the kids will make a ton of friends and she'll meet other moms (and househusbands :eek:). Fall is full of activities such as apple picking, soccer, football, then Halloween. Is she highly social?

Smuznu
08-02-08, 08:23 PM
2 weeks away.....

Where's are the V's meeting?

:alchi:

rand49er
08-02-08, 09:07 PM
Probably start at Specter Werks in Troy at around 10-11 am.

Then, I'm personally meeting up with Florian and his buddy, Rich (got a cigar for him :cool:), in Birmingham near 14-1/2 and Woodward near the Porch dealer, then gotta hurry home so my wife doesn't blow a gasket.

Say, who are you, anyway?

Smuznu
08-03-08, 08:56 PM
Probably start at Specter Werks in Troy at around 10-11 am.

Then, I'm personally meeting up with Florian and his buddy, Rich (got a cigar for him :cool:), in Birmingham near 14-1/2 and Woodward near the Porch dealer, then gotta hurry home so my wife doesn't blow a gasket.

Say, who are you, anyway?

Ironically, my name is "Rich," but not the one you mentioned...lol. Live in Davison, and I am somewhat new to the CTS-V forum. I bought a 05' Silver V this past winter, as my canarie C5 had to go with the recent addition to the family. Look forward to meeting some CTS-V owners, and seeing some nifty mods.....for ideas of course!!!!

thebigjimsho
08-03-08, 08:58 PM
2 weeks away.....

Where's are the V's meeting?

:alchi:This post is wrong on sooo many levels...

rand49er
08-04-08, 06:15 AM
Ironically, my name is "Rich," but not the one you mentioned...lol. Live in Davison, and I am somewhat new to the CTS-V forum. I bought a 05' Silver V this past winter, as my canarie C5 had to go with the recent addition to the family. Look forward to meeting some CTS-V owners, and seeing some nifty mods.....for ideas of course!!!!:shhh: Rich, be careful! There's a guy around here who's a stickler for proper grammar and spelling. For example, it should be "an '05 Platinum V" and "canary C5." Don't worry about this ethug showing up at your door, though, he lives way out in New England. :thumbsup:

j/k Belated "welcome" to V ownership. Keep an eye on this thread as more and more guys start chiming in about where we'll be meeting. And, bigjim is actually pretty well-liked on here ... go figure. :histeric:

GMBOUND
08-07-08, 09:23 PM
Just over a week left.
This saturday the V gets Detailed, and if my wife acts right (lets me drive her Envoy to work), put into hibernation until Saturday at 5:30am!

I got my info packet from GM yesterday. I had no idea, I had to be there from 6am to 7pm! Randy, I'll definately be looking forward to you stopping by to see me!
There will also be a voting for "Top Cruiser" going on starting today! When I get more info as to my voting number, I pass it on, I would hope I could get a couple of votes from you guys.
More to come

rand49er
08-08-08, 06:17 AM
... I had no idea, I had to be there from 6am to 7pm! ...You're getting paid, though ... aren't you? :histeric:

Pretty sure I'm coming. With a 5-1/2-year-old in tow, only so many places I can go, though. Will need the best you can do to nail down where you'll be.

GMBOUND
08-08-08, 07:44 AM
You're getting paid, though ... aren't you? :histeric:

Pretty sure I'm coming. With a 5-1/2-year-old in tow, only so many places I can go, though. Will need the best you can do to nail down where you'll be.

Yep, I'll have my father and my 2 kids, 7yr & 5 yr, with me:D
Actually it looks like my oldest will be attending softball tryouts.
I'll let you guys know which parking lot, I'll be in as soon as I'm informed.
There are just three, just after the turn around.

How I wish I was getting paid:D I can't buy overtime up here:tisk:

thebigjimsho
08-08-08, 09:09 AM
Too bad you guys are too herky jerky(did I just say that?) for me to plan on this...

JD03Cobra
08-08-08, 09:33 AM
Count me in for the Dream Cruise. I'm in Las Vegas next week but I will be back on Thursday for more fun...I work right on Woodward just south of 16 mile (big beaver). We have an open lot behind the building as an alternative location to meet up. Nothing exciting but there will be little to no cars. Easy access.

Either way just let me know the location and I will be there.

rand49er
08-08-08, 05:22 PM
Too bad you guys are too herky jerky(did I just say that?) for me to plan on this...You not only said it, you even spelled it right! (I think you did, anyway.)

Seriously, bigjim, if you were indeed coming, I for one would make it a point to meet up. My time is limited, that's all, so couldn't "hangout" into the evening or anything. There are a few other single guys who, not needing a pass, might be able to, however. Lots of cruising even beginning early in the week. Thursday is pretty big. Friday is incredible. Saturday is simply over the top.

... I work right on Woodward just south of 16 mile (big beaver). We have an open lot behind the building as an alternative location to meet up. Nothing exciting but there will be little to no cars. Easy access. ...EXCELLENT location! Could we seriously park there? How many cars/guys?

thebigjimsho
08-08-08, 06:24 PM
I had thought about coming out to Woodward but I'd need a more committal group. Since I canceled my big vacation, I've been itching to do some sort of travel. The SHO guys have a BBQ tomorrow in Chicago and I'm heading out tonight and will be coming home Sunday. So I won't be doing 2 weekends in a row...

rand49er
08-08-08, 06:54 PM
Gotcha. Drive safely. Maybe next year. :thumbsup:

JD03Cobra
08-08-08, 08:05 PM
EXCELLENT location! Could we seriously park there? How many cars/guys?

It's a pretty big lot that's available to the employees where I work so it's hard to say who shows. 12 cars should not be a problem at all. We should be able to get some nice group pictures.

Now the Business is located directly on Woodward avenue just north of the Mercedes dealer. The lot is in the back so you won't be parking and overlooking Woodward.

If your cruising Thursday or Friday you can certainly check it out...I'm probably available Friday night for a cruise if you are.

rand49er
08-08-08, 09:05 PM
... If your cruising Thursday or Friday you can certainly check it out...I'm probably available Friday night for a cruise if you are.Night? Friday night? Uh-h, the wife won't go for that ... nosiree. Not that I wouldn't really like to -- I really would! -- but I'd be lacking the ability to produce a certain, very IMPORTANT hormone soon after if I did, if you catch my drift. (Geez, that would smart, too. :eek:)

I'll just have to settle for a decent chunk of Saturday during the day ... that's the best I can do.

You know, this thread better start getting more active with the other guys around here. I figure there could/should be about a dozen guys there if we can get the Toledo and Windsor "crowd" to show up, too. If we get half that, I'd settle for it. BTW, where's Bigron, slothV, and mbiker97? I'm sure MescalVto will be there. Not sure about ronr. Haven't heard from Swampfox since he emailed me a couple of months back. Need everybody to commit.

ROG
08-08-08, 09:27 PM
There is a crowd in Toledo????:hmm:

Sorry guy's, my grandson's 3rd birthday party is Saturday!! :helpless:

GMBOUND
08-08-08, 10:46 PM
There is a crowd in Toledo????:hmm:

Sorry guy's, my grandson's 3rd birthday party is Saturday!! :helpless:

Great, bring him along:highfive:, I know randy & I both have 5yr olds for him to celebrate with!

rand49er
08-09-08, 08:47 AM
Great, bring him along:highfive:, I know randy & I both have 5yr olds for him to celebrate with!Glad you're bringing the kids! I believe you'll be down near Athens Coney Island (14-1/2 Mile Rd ... that's where the GM exhibit is), and if we park up near Big Beaver (16 Mile Rd), that's about a 1-1/2 mile walk through congested sidewalks. Doable, though ... very doable.

So, we've heard from ROG, JD03Cobra, GMBound, Smuznu, and me. I'm pretty sure MescalVto will chime in here real soon. Still need to hear from Bigron, mbiker97, slothV (those three guys live really close), ronr (I'll email him), Ryan's05CTS-V (I'll call him), Tmac11, Barry007, Swampfox (I'll email him), possibly Commander112, and who was that Windsor guy? Also need to touch base with Florian (I've got a cigar for his buddy, Rich).

Weather looks to be mostly sunny, dry, and around 80 deg ... in other words, PERFECT! We've had decent rain this whole summer, so everything is green here in SE Mich.

Anybody else gonna be in town?

GMBOUND
08-09-08, 05:07 PM
Jason, the guy from Deep Gloss, has been here since 7am, He's not even applied wax yet and the car looks DEEEElicious!
The exhaust tips are Shining good!

Somebody vote for the V, 466398, GM103

mbiker97
08-10-08, 02:52 AM
I'll be around that weekend. My real account is f'd up with the security tokens so I can't see your pm.

Email me at mbiker97 at yahoo or call five eight six 925 zero104. I'm down in Louisiana at the moment but fly back Thursday night.

urbanski
08-10-08, 06:16 AM
I'll be around that weekend. My real account is f'd up with the security tokens so I can't see your pm.

Email me at mbiker97 at yahoo or call five eight six 925 zero104. I'm down in Louisiana at the moment but fly back Thursday night.

did you see the big blue announcement at the top of the forum?
IF YOU ARE RECEIVING SECURITY TOKEN ERRORS, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ASSISTANCE: CLAZIANO AT OPTONLINE DOT NET

mbiker97
08-10-08, 11:24 AM
I did see that urb and I've emailed twice. Thanks though.

urbanski
08-10-08, 02:06 PM
let me merge over the info then hold one

urbanski
08-10-08, 02:08 PM
ok i think i have this one merged, PM with issues

mbiker97
08-10-08, 02:50 PM
Thanks urbanski.

Randy: Your pm got deleted in the merge. Resend if you want.

rand49er
08-10-08, 04:19 PM
Oh, the PM was about your nuts ... er, I mean, lug nuts. I wanna see them when we meet up, that's all. Will you be bringing a set (besides your nuts :histeric:) with you?

mbiker97
08-10-08, 06:50 PM
I'll have at least one set with me. They're sitting in my trunk.

Ryan's '05-V
08-10-08, 11:11 PM
I'll be there. I should be with my buddy, GOT V (Kevin) in his 2008 STS-V. There is a slight chance he can't make it so I may have to show up in his car. I will try to catch up with you guy somewhere.

Randy, do you have a cell phone list? I will call you in a couple of days.

mbiker97
08-10-08, 11:13 PM
Are we going to meet at the parking lot posted above, or when where?

rand49er
08-11-08, 07:07 AM
Are we going to meet at the parking lot posted above, or when where?I'll call Specter Werks today and confirm they're having an Open House again this year the morning of the Dream Cruise. If so, I'm planning to be there about 10:30 am.

http://www.spectergtr.com/

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Troy&state=MI&address=999+Rankin+Rd

JD03Cobra's parking lot might be a good place to park after that. I know MescalVto's buddy has a business right on Woodward, but I'm not sure how many (if any) of us he could/would accommodate. You know how every parking spot is at a premium that morming!

The only cell numbers I've got are yours (Ryan) and Florian's. Oh, and maybe GMBound's somewhere, too.

I emailed ronr (he might be coming) and Swampfox (haven't heard back yet ... maybe he'll actually see it today).

I'm going to a funeral on Tuesday and I've got another one to go to soon, just not sure when ... could be Saturday for all I know. I hope not, but it's out of my hands. Will post later this week.

rand49er
08-11-08, 09:26 AM
I'll call Specter Werks today and confirm they're having an Open House again this year the morning of the Dream Cruise. If so, I'm planning to be there about 10:30 am.

http://www.spectergtr.com/

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Troy&state=MI&address=999+Rankin+Rd

...Just got off the phone with Jeff at Specter. Gotta go to Plan B!

Specter Werks has some super-duper secret, confidential contract work going on and is unable to wall it off effectively to host an Open House this year. We need to firm up something else or we'll end up with some loosey-goosey, herky jerky "plan."

So, JD03Cobra, can you maybe give us some more specifics on parking near your office and confirm that we can use it? Much thanks. :thumbsup:

MescalVto
08-11-08, 02:19 PM
Jason, the guy from Deep Gloss, has been here since 7am, He's not even applied wax yet and the car looks DEEEElicious!
The exhaust tips are Shining good!

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110297-deep-gloss-auto-salon-cadillac-cts-v-infra-red.html (http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110297-deep-gloss-auto-salon-cadillac-cts-v-infra-red.html)

:cool2: Shiney!Shiney! indeed . . . Have you seen the pics your detailer posted?:drool:

Looks pretty impressive, did you get the Delux, Premier, or something in between?

:stirpot: Maybe we can work Jason for some kinda group rate for forum members pre-dream cruise . . .

MescalVto
08-11-08, 02:27 PM
ummm, :hijacked:, ooops! Oh yeah, almost forgot about the cruise itself . . . anyway, I plan to be there most of the day, and depending on how well the spouse/kids take it; potentially a good partt of the night as well . . .
too soon to say where exactly yet, but I will get some feelers out.

I do not think my buddy that had that bash near maple is hosting again this year (really was not his spot, but another company he was doing some JV work with). I do have another friend who hooked up with a girl from Chicago who keeps a place in the 555 building that may be handy . . .

rand49er
08-11-08, 03:00 PM
... I do have another friend who hooked up with a girl from Chicago who keeps a place in the 555 building that may be handy . . .Where is that, on Michigan Ave near Wrigley Field? :histeric:

(Ho ho, I crack myself up sometimes. :D)

Seriously, where is that? Downtown B?

MescalVto
08-11-08, 03:21 PM
The 555 is the building right next to the grass where a bunch of the GM stuff was last year, between Hunter and Old Woodward a little closer to Lincoln than 15 Mile . . . very prime DreamCruise Real Estate!!

Also, have an invite to a barbecue at Lone Pine and Woodward (Dickinson Wright Bldg.) maybe able to get a few extra guys in too . . .

GMBOUND
08-11-08, 06:32 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110297-deep-gloss-auto-salon-cadillac-cts-v-infra-red.html (http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/110297-deep-gloss-auto-salon-cadillac-cts-v-infra-red.html)

:cool2: Shiney!Shiney! indeed . . . Have you seen the pics your detailer posted?:drool:

Looks pretty impressive, did you get the Delux, Premier, or something in between?

:stirpot: Maybe we can work Jason for some kinda group rate for forum members pre-dream cruise . . .

Yep, he sent them too me.
No group deals B4 the cruise, I was his last job for the week. He's gone on Vacation now.
I guess I would consider mines the Delux, He spent 12hrs on it.

rand49er
08-11-08, 06:42 PM
The 555 is the building right next to the grass where a bunch of the GM stuff was last year, between Hunter and Old Woodward a little closer to Lincoln than 15 Mile . . . very prime DreamCruise Real Estate!!

Also, have an invite to a barbecue at Lone Pine and Woodward (Dickinson Wright Bldg.) maybe able to get a few extra guys in too . . .Oh, that 555 building. :cool: That is right smack dab in the thick of it! Basically right across the street from where Florian will be hanging out. Cool!

Lone Pine and Woodward is a bit too far north to walk, but is a gorgeous, old money area. What about 5 year olds? (j/k I wouldn't dare.)

MescalVto
08-11-08, 07:19 PM
Actually, Randy the full monty on the barbecue deal @ lone Pine actually includes "a moonwalk, carnival games, and prizes for the kids"! it starts @ 11am. I could only get 4 tickets for the full deal, to cover the family, but there is a good chance that my wife and older son may not come along . . . if so, then maybe you and your five year old can meet up with me and my nine year old . . .

rand49er
08-11-08, 08:59 PM
Actually, Randy the full monty on the barbecue deal @ lone Pine actually includes "a moonwalk, carnival games, and prizes for the kids"! it starts @ 11am. I could only get 4 tickets for the full deal, to cover the family, but there is a good chance that my wife and older son may not come along . . . if so, then maybe you and your five year old can meet up with me and my nine year old . . .:highfive:

Is that the nine-year-old that was canvassing all the hot rods and classic cars at Baker's in Milford back in July? The nine-year-old that was doing some sort of statistical analysis or something? That nine-year-old? He was so cute. I didn't stay long enough to see him prove his hypothesis, but I'm sure he did. Good kid! :thumbsup:

Let me know what your wife and son decide! We'll gear up for it! Probably won't stay for the whole enchilada, maybe just an hour, 'cause I still want to get down to 14-1/2 Mile Rd area. My time is precious; when my wife gets home she expects me to be there, and if I'm not, well ... it wouldn't be pretty if I was late. I'd have posted my last post. :crying: RIP rand49er. :rent:

rand49er
08-13-08, 09:19 AM
Weather is going to be ideal. 81 deg, mostly sunny, and dry.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USMI0791

Yesterday, told the wife I'm going to the Cruise Saturday and I'd be home around 4 pm. Didn't say a word, just glared. That's an "okay," ... isn't it?

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot ... Hey, Florian, I've got a cigar for Rich.

Tmac11
08-13-08, 09:32 AM
When I get that glare I usually have to sacrifice something in the future.:helpless:

Any update on the location everyone is meeting at?

Looks like I can make it early (before noon) at the moment. I'll know more by Friday.

rand49er
08-13-08, 09:56 AM
If I meet up with MescalVto in the morning, the very next thing might be for us all to find GMBound in amongst all those 100+ GM vehicles that are a part of that big parade up Woodward from Detroit proper.

Say, where's Bigron, anyway?

MescalVto
08-13-08, 01:35 PM
The parade starts at 7:30 a.m. so by lunchtime GMBOUND should have already arrived at his parking location:

"Upon arrival, these vehicles can be viewed at three locations: the Chevy Triangle and South Triangle in Birmingham (next to the 555), and Athens Coney Island (http://athensconeyisland.com/joomla/) in Royal Oak (@14 Mile)"

Wonder if he knows yet which area he will be parked in?

GMBOUND
08-13-08, 03:35 PM
The parade starts at 7:30 a.m. so by lunchtime GMBOUND should have already arrived at his parking location:

"Upon arrival, these vehicles can be viewed at three locations: the Chevy Triangle and South Triangle in Birmingham (next to the 555), and Athens Coney Island (http://athensconeyisland.com/joomla/) in Royal Oak (@14 Mile)"

Wonder if he knows yet which area he will be parked in?

Won't find out about which lot until Friday.
I might have a spot open for the Heritage Center if you're still interested in attending, my mother-in-law is in town and she didn't sound too excited about seeing cars!
If she doesn't go then my wife's not going to go, which will mean I'll have 2 openings.

Also please keep voting, I just checked the website and here are the standings.

Vote Now! Top Cruiser Award
Vote for your favorite GM Century Cruise Parade Vehicle!

Text GM and the corresponding number assigned to each car to 466398.
e.g. Text GM1 to 466398. (std msg fees apply)
Vote as often as you'd like
Voting ends August-16 at 6:00pm EDT

Cruisers Leading the Pack (updated August-13)
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS (GM45)
2006 Cadillac CTS-V (GM103)
1969 Pontiac LeMans (GM62)
1957 Chevrolet Corvette (GM24)
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 (GM90)

rand49er
08-13-08, 04:06 PM
... my mother-in-law is in town and she didn't sound too excited about seeing cars! ...Sounds like mine! :eek:

JD03Cobra
08-14-08, 10:39 AM
So, JD03Cobra, can you maybe give us some more specifics on parking near your office and confirm that we can use it? Much thanks. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay...just got in from Vegas this morning. The lot at my office should work fine with the fairly small group we have here. I'm told it's available to employees. Should be a good option for us. I will shoot out early Saturday morning to check it out and double confirm. We should communicate by phone at that point.

You can get into the lot off of Big Beaver/Quarton. Second entrance on the southeast side from Woodward. Drive straight back right into a good size lot. We can park in the back.

Do we have a list of confirmed cars?

mbiker97
08-15-08, 01:07 AM
I'm in. Plus it won't be too far to B'Ham from there. My really good friends will be sitting in front of Fred Lavery like last year.

MescalVto
08-15-08, 09:48 AM
Won't find out about which lot until Friday.

Post up when you find out which lot so we can hook up . . . if you end up not finding out until too late you have my cell call when you get parked Sat.

MescalVto
08-15-08, 09:51 AM
Plus it won't be too far to B'Ham from there

I think it is a little far to walk, but we can still meet up and maybe get in less cars or cruise/parade down to B'ham to search for a lucky spot on a side street somewhere

Bigron
08-15-08, 01:14 PM
So where are we meeting?
My PMs should be working in a bit once my paid membership goes back into effect.

rand49er
08-15-08, 02:17 PM
I'll be trying to get to JD03Cobra's office parking lot by 10:30 am or so. To get there, go north on Woodward, turn right (east) onto Big Beaver (16 Mile Rd). Then, turn right into the second driveway on the right side (south side) of Big Beaver into a parking lot. Drive all the way back to the back. Look for Vs.

Glad you're okay, and glad someone my age (your dad :helpless:) will be there, too. Ryan's05CTS-V (in buddy's STS-V), mbiker97, MescalVto, JD03Cobra, you, and I should be there. Florian will be just south of Maple (15 Mile Rd), and GMBound should be just across Woodward and down a block from there.

I'm getting more and more geeked for this. Does it show?

:dance::excited::woohoo:

JD03Cobra
08-15-08, 03:27 PM
Incase you get stopped pulling into the parking lot (don't know for sure if they are checking) tell them you work for IPD. All parking is available to employees where I work. Again I don't know if they will be checking but just in case it gets you in. Otherwise they might try to charge you $10...

I'm outside right now on Woodward watching the cars...I've spotted 3 black CTS V's. Hot Rods everywhere! Weather couldn't be better...

mbiker97
08-15-08, 05:00 PM
I drove from Pontiac to maple around 2-2:30. So if you saw a black on black v that was me. JD: when are you getting to the lot? I'm at wattles and crooks so I can be there pretty much any time without any forethought.

Den_93
08-15-08, 05:36 PM
I might show up too. I'll try to be there at 10:30. Email me if you want my cell (mi_den_31@yahoo.com)
Dennis.

rand49er
08-15-08, 08:16 PM
I might show up too. I'll try to be there at 10:30. Email me if you want my cell (mi_den_31@yahoo.com)
Dennis.Holy moly! Where've you been?!! Did you just get your car?

Welcome, btw. Heck, yeah, c'mon over ... the more the merrier!

rand49er
08-15-08, 08:27 PM
... tell them you work for IPD. All parking is available to employees where I work. ... Otherwise they might try to charge you $10.....I can see it now ...

Me: "Uh-h ... yessir ... uh, I work for IPD."

Attendant: "Bull$hit! I call bull$hit! Show me your ID."

Me: "Okay. Here's your $10. :hide:"

Attendant: "It's twenty bucks for anyone who tries to bull$hit me. :thepan:"

Me: "Okay. Here's another $10."

Attendant: "Dumb$hit! I changed my mind ... get out of here!"

Me: "What about my ..."

Attendant; "You want me to kick the side of your car in? Get outta here!"

Me: ":crying2:"

JD03Cobra
08-15-08, 08:46 PM
Haha...no don't worry about it...there is no ID. Trust me...just tell them your with IPD. They won't say a word.

I will be out there by 9:30a. We can park in the back as a group and walk over to the front of the business to hang out on Woodward.

I drove from Pontiac to maple around 2-2:30. So if you saw a black on black v that was me. JD: when are you getting to the lot? I'm at wattles and crooks so I can be there pretty much any time without any forethought.

Yeah that was probably you then...

JD03Cobra
08-15-08, 08:50 PM
Oh and by the way I have some cold beer in the office if anyone is interested...left over from today's party. I will be having a cold one.

GMBOUND
08-15-08, 10:39 PM
OK, I will be in the BLUE lot in the South Triangle. We will be facing North on the 1-way (Southbound) Old Woodward Ave.
From the map, I have it will be b/t Landon St. & E. Lincoln Ave.
You should have no problem spotting me if you come.
I'll have a black shirt with an huge Cadillac Crest on the front. My father will be sporting my CTS-VR T shirt
Gotta go to bed now!
Must be at the RenCen for 6am-6:30am
Watch Channel 7 for to see the cruise!

GMBOUND
08-15-08, 10:43 PM
Oh and by the way I have some cold beer in the office if anyone is interested...left over from today's party. I will be having a cold one.

Beer @ work:thumbsup:
IDP seems like the place to work!

Bigron
08-16-08, 12:45 AM
I saw a CTS with the full V racing theme either painted or wrapped on the car with a huge wing. Not sure if it was a V since it was on the other side but it looked horrible.

rand49er
08-16-08, 06:54 AM
You'll see all manner of cars.

It turns into a car zoo out there.

GMBOUND
08-16-08, 11:40 AM
The cruise was awesome, guys I'm parked in
front of nuway kitchen a
nd bath.
Here shortly we will be heading south to go eat with the rest of the century cruise!

rand49er
08-16-08, 05:12 PM
Met up with Bigron, mbiker97, slothV, Den 93, and JD03Cobra. Hung out for a while and talked cars. Good to meet Bigron's dad in from Buffalo and Den 93's wife and new little son. Nice group! Met up with MescalVto and GMBound later on. Great to see GMBound's dad (up from Houston) enjoying it all, too. :thumbsup:

Here's the important part ...

JD03Cobra
08-16-08, 07:21 PM
Excellent time for sure! Nice meeting everyone and crusing around with slothV.

Here are a few more pictures...

mbiker97
08-16-08, 09:29 PM
Yep nice to meet you guys.

Randy you hit the turn around right in from of me (Fred Lavery) when you were leaving.

GMBound: I saw your car in the triangle, but I had my personal phone which didn't have your number so I couldn't call you to find you.

I actually saw quite a few Vs out there today with people I didn't know, including a black one with a blacked out grill.

GMBOUND
08-16-08, 10:03 PM
Met up with Bigron, mbiker97, slothV, Den 93, and JD03Cobra. Hung out for a while and talked cars. Good to meet Bigron's dad in from Buffalo and Den 93's wife and new little son. Nice group! Met up with MescalVto and GMBound later on. Great to see GMBound's dad (up from Houston) enjoying it all, too. :thumbsup:

Here's the important part ...

Randy & Son, MescalVto & Son, BigRon & Dad it was great seeing you guys, sorry my timing was off, I left for the food right when you guys left to come see me!
I Have plenty of pictures

slothV
08-18-08, 12:34 AM
GMBOUND made it on Autoblog!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/gm-century-cruise/980402/

MescalVto
08-18-08, 11:31 AM
including a black one with a blacked out grill

That was probably me . . . we did meet last year @ Specter, before I got their splitter, spoiler, & that blacked out grill :cool2:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/134858-specter-werkes-chin-spoier-special.html#post1451082:2thumbs:

I was parked behind borders for a while and spent some time by GMBOUND's car likely pretty close to across the street from you if you were hangin out by Lavery like last year . . .

rand49er
08-18-08, 12:45 PM
GMBOUND made it on Autoblog!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/gm-century-cruise/980402/
Yup! :thumbsup:

That's GMBound Jr. driving and GMBound Sr. riding shotgun. Lookin' Good!!!

GMBOUND
08-25-08, 12:00 PM
Yup! :thumbsup:

That's GMBound Jr. driving and GMBound Sr. riding shotgun. Lookin' Good!!!

Ah man, that's cool!
Too bad I don't have the Top Cruiser Trophy that I actually won, but I got George Bushwacked on the election!
I'm still working with the voting process people and GM to find out what they are going to do about this. I had the votes and I have the bill to prove it, but the Impala SS won!