* HRE Wheels
* Forgeline Wheels

Keep in mind that all Forum members get a 10% discount. :cheers:
We are located in Troy, Michigan for those who want installation

All inquiries send PM for pricing info. and any other questions and/or orders

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSV004.jpg

Jon
07-08-08, 06:30 PM
Headers? I'm looking for B&B LTs and their high flow cats.

MikeNice
07-08-08, 06:32 PM
Whats A Good Track Tire For V Day 2?

Jon
07-08-08, 06:35 PM
I just bought a set of R888s

Specter Werkes Sports
07-09-08, 09:30 AM

Just sent you a PM.....:D

AAIIIC
07-09-08, 12:45 PM
Do you sell brake pads, too, or just break pads? I want to slow the car down, not break something. :lol:

Jon
07-09-08, 12:58 PM
Just sent you a PM.....:D
No PM for me? So you don't do headers? :(

trukk
07-09-08, 01:43 PM
Do you sell brake pads, too, or just break pads? I want to slow the car down, not break something. :lol:

You know what, that must have been my problem last week at the track. I was breaking all kinds of sh!t.

I may get that SW splitter at one point. I was AMAZED how much that gimugous wing out back helped John at the track.

-Chris

Feffman
07-09-08, 02:05 PM

Mike:

Good to chat with you yesterday about the Lindsay Cadillac V-II track day. I think you'll find the Hooiser R6 is a VERY good choice for a track tire. Big Jim and I both run/ran them on the V. They performed and held up very well. Contact Eric Frisby (800) 798-7201 at Frisby Tire (www.FrisbyRaceTire.com) for the R6 Hooisers.

If it's your first time on a raod course, I suggest you run on street tires not R compound track tires.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

Specter Werkes Sports
07-09-08, 02:58 PM
No PM for me? So you don't do headers? :(

We do...we do not deal with B & B...so I was trying to get you a price on Kooks...I will send you a PM in just a minute......Thanks

AAIIIC
07-09-08, 03:28 PM
Mike:

If it's your first time on a road course, I suggest you run on street tires not R compound track tires.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
That's a very important point. If you're new to open tracking, Mike, I highly encourage you to stick with good ultra high performance or max performance street tires for your first few track events. They provide better aural feedback, have more gentle break-away characteristics, and the lesser grip (compared to R-compounds) will "keep you honest" so you can't learn bad habits that are hidden by the great grip of R-compounds. Some tires that people have had success with include the Michelin PS2, Bridgepoint RE01R, Yoko Advan Neova, Falken RT615, Kumho MX, Hankook RS2, etc etc.

I've run with a couple of different clubs that won't even let novices/beginners run R-compounds. Even if the club does allow it, most instructors I know would be extremely wary of getting into a car into a very capable car on R-compounds with a novice.

If you're not new to open tracking, Mike, then I apologize for the lesson. :)

Specter Werkes Sports
07-09-08, 04:03 PM
Specter Werkes/Sports can offer GREAT deals on the following parts:
* Hotchkis Adjustable Stabalizer Bar
* Hawk racing brake pads
* Hoosier Race tires
* BFG tires (Race or Street)
* Michelin tires (Race or Street)
* HRE Wheels
* Forgeline Wheels

Keep in mind that all Forum members get a 10% discount. :cheers:
We are located in Troy, Michigan for those who want installation

All inquiries send PM for pricing info. and any other questions and/or orders

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSV004.jpg

ok, its fixed....:bonkers:..all for a mis spelled word!!!!

thebigjimsho
07-09-08, 06:19 PM
That's a very important point. If you're new to open tracking, Mike, I highly encourage you to stick with good ultra high performance or max performance street tires for your first few track events. They provide better aural feedback, have more gentle break-away characteristics, and the lesser grip (compared to R-compounds) will "keep you honest" so you can't learn bad habits that are hidden by the great grip of R-compounds. Some tires that people have had success with include the Michelin PS2, Bridgepoint RE01R, Yoko Advan Neova, Falken RT615, Kumho MX, Hankook RS2, etc etc.

I've run with a couple of different clubs that won't even let novices/beginners run R-compounds. Even if the club does allow it, most instructors I know would be extremely wary of getting into a car into a very capable car on R-compounds with a novice.

If you're not new to open tracking, Mike, then I apologize for the lesson. :)Agreed. I had the joy of running on my PS2s in the rain at Shenandoah. It was great relearning the V as the track dried out.

peter simov
07-09-08, 07:52 PM
is the front spliter hard to put on and dose it come painted black

Specter Werkes Sports
07-10-08, 09:00 AM
is the front spliter hard to put on and dose it come painted black

Not too difficult at all.....and no we prefer not to paint.....

Thanks

urbanski
07-10-08, 07:15 PM
specter! you expired again :(
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php

Cowan480
08-12-08, 04:53 PM

That's what I've heard. I picked up the track wheels from Luke this week and I need some help with tires. I would like to have tires for both track and street. This will be my first track day. I need some reasonably priced tires with "true" grip. Suggestions please??:bouncy:

Twitch
08-12-08, 05:00 PM
That's what I've heard. I picked up the track wheels from Luke this week and I need some help with tires. I would like to have tires for both track and street. This will be my first track day. I need some reasonably priced tires with "true" grip. Suggestions please??:bouncy:
Falkens are cheap and good. PS2s are probably better, but more $$$.
Went to Pocono a few weeks ago. The V outhandeled everything on the Falkens. :cool2:

Cowan480
08-12-08, 06:34 PM
Went to Pocono a few weeks ago. The V outhandeled everything on the Falkens. :cool2:

Thanks Tony, does anyone else have tires I can look at?? What's the best size to run, front and rear? Where's the best place to buy? TireRack?? Luke??

jweymar
08-12-08, 11:39 PM
I may get that SW splitter at one point. I was AMAZED how much that gimugous wing out back helped John at the track.

-Chris

Any pics, interested

Feffman
08-13-08, 06:48 AM
I reiterate, if this is your first time on a road course, stick wtih your street tires. You will learn a lot about how the "feels" on street tires. In fact I'd suggest your 1st through 10th track day should be on street tires, then possibly switch to R compounds. OH and don't make the mistake I've seen others, showing up at the track on $75 drifting tires (those with the red outline on the wheel). That may prove to be very expensive.

Contact Luke Butler (LButler@LindsayCadillac.com) and sign up for V-II Day at Summit Point on October 20th, drive the car on street tires and with the classroom time we are having, you'll learn how to drive properly (and eventually fast) on a race track.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

rand49er
08-13-08, 07:14 AM
... don't make the mistake I've seen others, showing up at the track on $75 drifting tires (those with the red outline on the wheel). That may prove to be very expensive. ...Many of us who attended V1 Day back on May 9th can attest to that! Expensive being about a $20k repair bill. :helpless:

My tires in the rear were worn far more than I thought on V1 Day. I was lucky to have not followed that guy into that same concrete barrier, also. Next time, I'll have some of the (street) tires mentioned above in this thread. Excellent advice. Of course, experienced guys may want to go to Specter Werkes ... good people!

Twitch
08-13-08, 12:04 PM
Thanks Tony, does anyone else have tires I can look at?? What's the best size to run, front and rear? Where's the best place to buy? TireRack?? Luke??
Stock tire size. When I got my Falkens, I got them from Edgeracing.com or Vulcantire.com. Falkens don't come in out stock size, but close enough.

thebigjimsho
08-13-08, 01:18 PM
Truck tires.

NormV
08-13-08, 02:02 PM
As Mark mentioned most clubs most clubs will not novices run on sticky rubber. You take them off or go home. :)

Norm

I reiterate, if this is your first time on a road course, stick wtih your street tires. You will learn a lot about how the "feels" on street tires. In fact I'd suggest your 1st through 10th track day should be on street tires, then possibly switch to R compounds. OH and don't make the mistake I've seen others, showing up at the track on $75 drifting tires (those with the red outline on the wheel). That may prove to be very expensive.

Contact Luke Butler (LButler@LindsayCadillac.com) and sign up for V-II Day at Summit Point on October 20th, drive the car on street tires and with the classroom time we are having, you'll learn how to drive properly (and eventually fast) on a race track.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

AAIIIC
08-14-08, 12:34 AM
Went to Pocono a few weeks ago. The V outhandeled everything on the Falkens.
Rumor has it Falken makes more than 1 tire. Which Falken are you referring to?

My personal feeling on street tires for a novice/beginner type is that you shouldn't bother to spend big $$$ on the top line tires. Michelin PS2s are great tires, no doubt, but I think there are basically 2 options for beginners. Either (1) you'll be smooth but slow, so you'll never come close to utilizing all the performance that those $$$ tires have to offer, or (2) you'll be clumsy and slow, in which case you'll spend the time on track torturing your tires with driver-induced oversteer, chewing those $$$ front tires to bits. And I don't mean that as criticism of you personally, it's just the way it is - I was there 8 years ago when I started open tracking, and I've seen it plenty of times since with other newcomers to the sport.

So, I'd go with good, but not great, tires that don't cost so much. Since those track wheels are 9" wide, I'd go with 255/40s or maybe even 265/40s to take advantage of the width, and use the same size all around so you can rotate to minimize the effects of beginner issue #2 above. (My suggestion is not based on any knowledge of fitment, particularly up front, so do your homework there. :)) I'd vote for something like the Sumitomo HTR ZIII or BFG g-Force KDW2, both of which you can get at Tire Rack.

sefa01
08-14-08, 02:16 PM
I just bought a set of R888s

You'll love them on the track. I ran R6s for 3 years, but switched to the R888s this year. Actually let you drive the cars through the twisties better than the Hoosiers.

SkullV
08-14-08, 02:19 PM
OH and don't make the mistake I've seen others, showing up at the track on $75 drifting tires (those with the red outline on the wheel). That may prove to be very expensive.

The redline tires actually performed VERY once the course dried up. It was just the rain that they could not handle. Even Norm told me that the tires were alright! I am not going to say that they are a great tire, but they do what they say they will do, and they will get +1G to the left and right on the g-meter without ever going off the track.

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 02:59 PM
The redline tires actually performed VERY once the course dried up. It was just the rain that they could not handle. Even Norm told me that the tires were alright! I am not going to say that they are a great tire, but they do what they say they will do, and they will get +1G to the left and right on the g-meter without ever going off the track.I think you meant VERY to be an adverb, not an adjective...

Twitch
08-14-08, 03:04 PM
Track tires.
Fixed :p

thebigjimsho
08-14-08, 03:13 PM
Fixed :pYou should be so lucky...

lollygagger8
08-14-08, 03:41 PM
x2 on the Falken RT615's

SkullV
08-14-08, 06:17 PM
I think you meant VERY to be an adverb, not an adjective...

Sorry Jim, should have said "VERY well"....