: Dumb Body Shop !! Upside Down Grille !!

Vee
07-08-08, 12:28 PM
Well, it has been bothering me for a long time. I've had my '05 less than a year, and a few months ago I noticed that the lower mesh grille was installed upside down. I know from the sevice history that the front bumper was repainted at the dealer, so it's gotta be their fault. However, I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of leaving it there (daily driver) if it's just as easy to R&R in my driveway. Is it? PS: I do have the 100k cert. warranty.

Mystical_Ice
07-08-08, 12:47 PM
personally, i enjoy taking my car to the dealership every few months... i like getting into a loaner (driving someone elses car - not putting more miles on the V) for a day or two.

smoothq
07-08-08, 12:54 PM
It is easy it took me about 15min to get the bottom grill out and about another 15 to get it in so if you got the extra 35 mins in your day it can be done. lol.

sleepys4
07-08-08, 04:02 PM
I like driving the loaners to..Hummer H2 and H3 have been my favorite. Off Roading FTW!

MikeNice
07-08-08, 06:24 PM
My Caddy Dealer Is Lame..they Call Enterprise To Loan Me ( No Cost ) Cheesey Inferior Cars... =[ Bump

CtsVrod
07-08-08, 06:50 PM
My Caddy Dealer Is Lame..they Call Enterprise To Loan Me ( No Cost ) Cheesey Inferior Cars... =[ Bump

Yea I get the same Crap! I wanna go Offroad!! But the Gas would Suck on a Hummer, not much of a break from the V....

DRKSIDE
07-09-08, 01:04 AM
My dealer calls Enterprise but they usually get me a Cadi for a loaner. Only twice have I got something else. 1) was a brand new Tahoe - leather and all the buttons, nice ride... 2) was a Grand Prix or some crap that had not been cleaned in weeks. I think this was one of the worker's cars cause they were out of cars or something. Only had to drive the Pontiac for a few hours tho.

Mostly I get a 08 CTS or STS.

ewill3rd
07-09-08, 07:51 AM
The hardest part of swapping the grille around is getting to it, not too hard on that car.

Our Enterprise is in house, right in our service lane and we also have some "Lindsay Loaner cars" of our own.
Which one you get depends on your situation.
GM says you are entitled to a Cadi, but if they run out you might get something else.

CadzillaTN
07-11-08, 11:35 PM
Maybe I should drive 900 miles to Lindsay~

I had an Equinox loaner- worst SUV piece of sh*t ive ever driven..hahaha. takes a corner like a poorly loaded grocery basket. (No Caddie)

ewill3rd
07-12-08, 11:28 AM
I am surprised we don't hear more complaints from other dealerships for us "stealing" their business.
We have customers that drive from very far away indeed because they won't let other shops work on their cars.
The most noteable is a V customer that drives up from Florida!
(regularly)

The farthest so far was a guy from Tacoma Washington, but he was on his way to South Carolina to be fair.

Vee
08-10-08, 11:11 AM
So, I got under there to flip my grille "right side up" which was easy enough, when I noticed something else that had me wonder...Is there supposed to be any sort of duct attached to the back of the drivers side air scoop under the fog-lights to direct the air upwards or anything? because, if so, I'm missing that piece.:hmm:

Bueller
08-10-08, 05:12 PM
No there isn't anything that attaches there. It should look the same on both sides. Just a hole that comes out of the inside fender well directed at the tire.

Vee
08-10-08, 05:28 PM
No there isn't anything that attaches there. It should look the same on both sides. Just a hole that comes out of the inside fender well directed at the tire.

Thanks!

AirCav
08-11-08, 03:00 AM
I am surprised we don't hear more complaints from other dealerships for us "stealing" their business.
We have customers that drive from very far away indeed because they won't let other shops work on their cars.
The most noteable is a V customer that drives up from Florida!
(regularly)

The farthest so far was a guy from Tacoma Washington, but he was on his way to South Carolina to be fair.Seems like there's a dealer lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

Wish more of them would pay attention to you guys. :thumbsup: