: Does the dealer scan the PCM for every visit??

pveomett
07-08-08, 11:11 AM
I want to make an appt. at my dealership to get all my fluids changed (diff, tranny, clutch, and brakes), but I just replaced my PCM with a new tuned PCM. If they're going to scan that, then I want to put my stock one back in before I bring it in... I can't imagine they would need to scan it for basic maintenance, but I just wanted to check here before I drop it off.

Also, I want to use better fluids. What would you recomend I use to replace the stock fluids?

Thank you,

Pat

The Tony Show
07-08-08, 11:23 AM
They won't scan the PCM unless the repair requires it (like a sensor reprogram). As far as fluids, I had the tranny refilled with the new GM Dexron VI instead of the Dexron III that came in our cars. I'm no help on brake fluid, as I'm still using the stock GM stuff.

pveomett
07-08-08, 11:28 AM
Thanks Tony.
I don't track my car (not yet anyways) so I dont need top of the line fluids, but if theres anything better than what GM recomends I would rather use that.

GOTTSPD
07-08-08, 01:49 PM
For brake fluid, use a high temp fluid like Motul or ATE Super Blue (or gold). I like the Super Blue because you can flush it with the gold and you'll know when you've got all the old fluid out!

Oil: Mobil 1.

Trans: whatever GM says

sleepys4
07-08-08, 02:53 PM
Yes I use the Motul for my brakes, it works great.