: Just bought a cadillac i want a new head unit please tell me what i need

codypaul
07-08-08, 12:49 AM
so on saturday i bought a 94 deville for $875. I love it but the stock cd player doesnt work right. I want to put a head unit in and plan to do it my self. I put the stereo in my olds 98 and my sonoma so i know what to do

what i dont understand is what to do with the stock amp and all the bypass stuff
i wanna still use the stock amp and maybe put some subs in my trunk in the future.

will you guys please give me a list of what i need

still_walkin
07-09-08, 05:22 AM
From my experenice with bose you can use the factory amp with an aftermarket radio you have to bypass the wiring install the aftermarket radio power ground antenna and igntion wire the rest you have to run new wire to the speakers if your into sound really use a small wire size like 16 or 14 guage. As for a sub use the rca preouts on your reciever and install an aftermarket sub in the trunk.

codypaul
07-09-08, 03:43 PM
actually i know what electrical components i need i just need to know how to make the deck fit in my dash

still_walkin
07-09-08, 06:09 PM
Ebay sells them they are called radio dash kits or rafio install kit they are usually under 10 bucks and have a plastic housing and you stock wood bezel fits around it.