: Tpms: 2006 ESV

MDecker
07-07-08, 07:56 PM
I put on new aftermarket rims and was told that I had to buy new sensors..... I was going to give you all the drama that went with this but I've opted to keep it simple. Here is the procedure to set your TPMS on a 2006 Cadillac Escalade ESV.

1. Get in your car.
2. Shut the door.
3. Set the E brake.
4. Turn key to on position but don't start the car.
5. Turn your headlamp switch from the off position to the parking light position four times within four seconds.
Vehicle will honk at you.
6. Get out of your car and go to the driver's front tire and start letting out some air until the car honks at you.
7. Move to the passenger's front tire and let out some air until the car honks at you.
8. Move to the passenger rear tire and let out some air until the car honks at you.
9. Move to the driver's rear tire, let out some air until the car honks at you.
10. Turn key off.
11. Refill tires to normal pressure.
12. Get in car.
13. Take E brake off.
14. Start car and drive over 25 mph for at least two minutes before viewing the tire pressures on the DIC.
15. YOU ARE DONE !!!

AlphaWolf
07-08-08, 08:26 PM
Selling your 17" rims then?

MDecker
07-10-08, 01:38 AM
Yes, 17" alloy stock cadillac rims, decent rubber. Reasonably priced.... research the price, let me know what you find out.... tpms still on them shipping and handling is what kills you... if you are "local enough" to Seattle area to come up here.... could save some money? If still interested I will provide pics.

AlphaWolf
07-10-08, 07:22 PM
PM Sent.

MDecker
07-11-08, 02:09 AM
Got your message... will be out of town Friday but will try and take pics Saturday and send them out or post them... mileage was 30,000 or so... rims appear to be in great shape with no rash or dents... I'll clean them up and snap some shots as soon as I can...

Also happened on some stock 18" Cadillac rims with snow/studded tires on them that appear to be brand new or barely used. I was going to put those on my ESV but when I put the aftermarket ones on I liked them. I may keep them for the winter... I don't know yet...

Mike

Mike

AlphaWolf
07-18-08, 03:46 PM
Well sent or post pics of both 17" and 18". I have been browsing ebay...

MDecker
07-26-08, 01:46 AM
Alpha Wolf,

I apologize on not getting back to you... I've been away.... If you are still interested let me know.

AlphaWolf
07-27-08, 12:46 AM
Sorry I got a set locally already. Thanks.