: 99 escalade....weird electric problem!!!

skrup722
07-07-08, 01:43 PM
I replaced my fog light fuse the other night, ever since then I noticed my headlamps stay on in the daytime...(99's did not have daytime running lights) and my A/C light and Circulation* buttons flicker if on. Also, some lights on my radio have gone out, not all but some!! ... any one have any ideas that would be sweet!

setes
07-07-08, 01:58 PM
I replaced my fog light fuse the other night, ever since then I noticed my headlamps stay on in the daytime...(99's did not have daytime running lights) and my A/C light and Circulation* buttons flicker if on. Also, some lights on my radio have gone out, not all but some!! ... any one have any ideas that would be sweet!

I have no idea what's going on, but '99 should have factory DRL.

Paul,

skrup722
07-07-08, 02:06 PM
I forget, I read some place that they didnt, but I do know that they would never be on unless I turned them on by hand in the daytime. Its been that way since I bought her last year....

csiegfried1
07-07-08, 05:03 PM
i have a 99 as well...DRL is standard...sometimes the DRL comes on and off within the first few minutes of driving

as far as the other lights flicking, i have no idea

skrup722
07-07-08, 10:38 PM
well thanks on the DRL's...as for everything else, im lost...

g9s8r
07-08-08, 12:53 PM
I need to go to school for this stuff. LOL. Wish I could help out. I would say that it can be related to a ground or irregular power voltage. Have you pulled the fog light fuse to see if everything returns to normal? Can't speak much on the DRLs but, I know my 97 chevy pickup didnt have them but a buddy of mine popped in a fuse somewhere and sure as s**t I had my headlights come on like drls. Anyhow, recheck your fuses and make sure you have the right amperage fuses where they need to go as well.

silversport
07-09-08, 07:52 AM
has anyone before you messed with the wiring???added a radio, changed anything...good luck,
Bill

setes
07-09-08, 08:07 AM
has anyone before you messed with the wiring???added a radio, changed anything...good luck,
Bill

That could be a point. I would check DRL wiring also, maybe someone tried to turn it off ?

Paul,

skrup722
07-09-08, 09:13 PM
as far as I know nothing has been done, everything is stock, no added features at all....i did find the fuse for the radio was at a higher amp than it should have been, but still some of the lights are out...(mainly the station numbers, seek button, etc) If its irregular voltage what should i be looking to spend to get this fixed?