: N* dissassembled engine found

N0DIH
07-07-08, 12:46 AM
I found on local ads a N* in pieces (96 "Y") for dirt cheap, if anyone is interested, PM me. I know nothing of the source.... Just found it, might be worth something to someone....

Details are:
" Northstar 4.6L Engine Block from 1996 Cadillac Deville 'Y' engine. Block stamped with part number 12554367-1

Cylinder sleeve walls in very good condition; possibly just need to be honed for engine rebuild. Engine block includes engine main caps girdle and oil splash shield...sorry no oil pan or heads.

No spun bearings on main bearings and no damage to engine block or main cap girdle. You may take all or some of the additional parts pictured with purchase of engine block. Engine was run low on oil causing front connecting rod bearings to seize up...this is why I am selling as block with extra parts since crankshaft and two connecting rods would require replacement or machining.

Crankshaft may be able to be turned down if oversized bearings are used."

Crown Vic Owner
07-07-08, 02:39 AM
how much? I need a coffee table. Throw me a PM with info.

codewize
07-10-08, 10:26 AM
Ooooh what a sexy idea :)

Im sure my wife would love that

how much? I need a coffee table. Throw me a PM with info.

Submariner409
07-10-08, 01:42 PM
Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I cut a piston across the wrist pin holes, polished it and gave it to an ex-GF for an ashtray. Ran across her some time back and she asked if I remembered my piston. :rolleyes: I chuckled and said "Yes". She smiled and replied that she still had it. 'Twas a most fortuitous reunion.......:shhh:

N0DIH
07-10-08, 02:02 PM
I rebuilt a Toy 2.2L because my sister in law ran it out of oil (remember, she bought a toy because they are so reliable she didn't even pop the hood for a year.... 35K miles later....), we technically the oil was still there.... Just stuck to the cyl walls.....

I gave her the #1 piston that was cracked from the heat for an ashtray.... I don't think she kept it long, but she did learn to check the oil and even change it now and again....

That N* is on Craigslist for $70.... Cheap end table....

Ranger
07-10-08, 04:10 PM
Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I cut a piston across the wrist pin holes, polished it and gave it to an ex-GF for an ashtray. Ran across her some time back and she asked if I remembered my piston. :rolleyes: I chuckled and said "Yes". She smiled and replied that she still had it. 'Twas a most fortuitous reunion.......:shhh:
Why you ole :lildevil:. :highfive: