: Finding A Code ,96 Seville?

57james
07-05-08, 01:25 PM
I'm wanting to replace the factory cassette player in my 96 SLS with an OEM CD player ,when I try to do a search it comes up with what option code do I have? I don't know where to find this? someone told me to look in the glove box ,all I found was U3-4 under the fuse panel door ,maybe it's in the ser. number? I don't know. I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks..James.:helpless:

CadillacSTS42005
07-05-08, 03:23 PM
unless you have Bose forget it

57james
07-05-08, 03:32 PM
Wow ,Thanks ,that really answer's my question..NOT! Are you trying to tell me my car doesn't have an option code because it doesn't have a Bose radio? I wasn't asking for advise on the stereo system ,I just wanted to know how to find the option code. There are a lot of differen't options for a stereo system out there. Maybe I will try to post this somewhere else.

CadillacSTS42005
07-05-08, 06:16 PM
the attitude was completely unecessary and completely unneeded
consider a very valuable bridge burnt

57james
07-06-08, 10:58 AM
attitude? Bridge burnt? I don't understand. if you don't know how to find the option code why would you send a reply? I was told this forum was very helpful. I also have a Classic chevy & I go to chevytalk.com & use there forums & there very helpfull ,I also leave advise that's helpfull.

Submariner409
07-06-08, 11:26 AM
57.......No need to double post.....here and in Seville.....didn't see this thread when you asked about RPO codes up ^^^ there......Go read my reply.

57james
07-06-08, 11:51 AM
I know I shouldn't have double posted ,All I got was someone telling me that if I didn't have a Bose to forget it. I figured I posted in the wrong place. This is a great linc. here it is for anybody needing an option code. www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.pap. Thanks again.:yup:

CadillacSTS42005
07-06-08, 12:43 PM
i have the rpo codes for the cars
and there is no RPO coded cd slot radio for a non bose, non amplified Cadillac
it doesnt exist
in order to install a factory single slot cd player you MUST have the bose option for an 96+ Eldo, 96-97 Seville

57james
07-06-08, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the advise , I have checked with several aftermarket company's ,Pioneer ,RockfordFosgate ,AudioConcepts . They offer a Add on CD player with jacks for a MP3/4 player & I pod ,this plugs in with the OEM stereo so your not butchering the dash or loosing your sterring wheel controls. they also offer amps & EQ's. They do requier the Option Code. I try to be open minded & optimistic about things ,I have a 57 Chevy car that I have done several mods on that people have told me you can't do that ,Well I'm a do it yourselfer so that's the wrong thing to say. I'm going to install front struts on my Caddy today ,there from Arnutt ind. this will also bypass the "air ride susspension" & I won't keep getting that stupid code. I have already added a cold air intake ,upgraded exaust & other mods. I will post a linc. to the Stereo add ons later. Thanks again Submariner for the linc.

CadillacSTS42005
07-06-08, 08:42 PM
if thats what you were looking for just say so
i know and have tester numerous products

57james
07-07-08, 01:00 PM
This is a weird forum ,I'm going to stick to the Seville & tech.threads. I thought my original question was how to find my option code? not if I had a Bose or not. This will be my last entry to this thread.:yawn: