: Purchase or not STS 2008

jen
07-05-08, 11:13 AM
I need quick responses! I am test driving a 2008 STS AWD should I get it. I have a 2005 GMC Envoy right now. What do you think. Good car or what? I live where it snows so I want to make sure this is the right choice. I have a little girl so it is all about safety too!

jjsocrazy
07-05-08, 02:41 PM
For snow it is definetly a good choice! I have an 07 V6 AWD and it drives like a truck in the snow. Very reliable and yet safe. My father is a sales manager for Cadillac and has driven STS's all year around, especially the 08 STS V6 is a powerful engine and luxurious. If you compare to a 5-Series, or A6, or E-Class it is better priced.

Good Luck!

Joe

urbanski
07-05-08, 03:06 PM
sure, why not?

STScaddyman65
07-05-08, 03:44 PM
GREAT CAR, I have a 06 AWD with the 3.6L V6 and I live in Michigan, this year from January to April I drove in 12+ major snow storms to and from work and I felt as comfortable as I do in my truck but MUCH better milage! Great car and very safe too, look at all the air bags in a STS and you will agree that the STS is just as safe as your envoy plus it's center of gravity is lower than your envoy! Thanks for asking the group!

GarryW
07-07-08, 05:28 PM
AWD is great, and don't even think about a RWD model!

c5 rv
07-07-08, 06:48 PM
The STS AWD is a great choice. You should also consider:

- AWD CTS (some folks are sold on the looks alone)

- AWD SRX (if you want a crossover)

- FWD DTS (more trunk space and cushier ride)

- FWD Buick Lucerne (same platform as the DTS, lower cost)

- FWD / AWD Lincoln MKS (just coming out, may be tough to get)

- FWD / AWD Lincoln MKZ (same size as the CTS, bigger trunk, cushy ride, lower cost that CTS but not as lux)