: Got one!!!!

mschlott
07-04-08, 03:06 PM
Thanks to all you guys on this forum, the faq, lusterblade for pulling service history, the academy, all my fans... Oh wait, that's a bit much. All the advice and information on this forum was a great help.

Yesterday I picked up a CPO 2005 V from a Toyota dealership. It was just what i was looking for. Black on Black. Tinted windows. Magnaflow exhaust. Unknow CAI kit with K&N filter.

I took it to Crest Cadillac in plano last night and met with the service manager and set up an appointment for monday morning to fix everything I find over the weekend. Here is a list so far. Rear end noise, could be the passenger bearing, could be worse, or better if I end up with an 06 diff. Radio knob, does this get me a knew nav? It has one button on the nav that could get me a new nav. Shifter is hard to get into reverse and 1st sometimes.

Even with all the above I love this car. If this is my last post for a few days, it is becuase I'm out burning gas instead of on the computer.

Thanks everyone and have a great 4th.

mike

tdyguy2k
07-04-08, 03:39 PM
Congrats and welcome to V ownership. Need pics ASAP. Have a fun weekend driving her.

jguzma
07-04-08, 03:41 PM
Congrats!! Just in time for the 4th weekend too!! Have fun..

Cowan480
07-04-08, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the V family!! Enjoy showing that car off over the weekend!!

Jon
07-04-08, 03:45 PM
Congrats and welcome

Kmajecki
07-04-08, 04:04 PM
Congrats! Thats great it came with the exhaust. You bringing it out to Quality Motorsports on the 19th??

groverdill
07-04-08, 04:47 PM
Welcome and enjoy, I got mine about a month ago and can't get enough of driving it.

CTSV_Rob
07-04-08, 05:42 PM
Welcome and have fun!

CIWS
07-04-08, 05:50 PM
Even with all the above I love this car. If this is my last post for a few days, it is becuase I'm out burning gas instead of on the computer.

Thanks everyone and have a great 4th.

mike

:welcome: to :v: ownership ! There are a few of us in the D/FW North Dallas area. Our next get together will probably be a Ken mentioned on the 19th out at Quality Motor Sports event.

mschlott
07-04-08, 06:55 PM
Congrats! Thats great it came with the exhaust. You bringing it out to Quality Motorsports on the 19th??

I don't think so. I would like to do an event like that soon though. Preferably a one day.

mike

rand49er
07-04-08, 07:35 PM
Welcome and enjoy, I got mine about a month ago and can't get enough of driving it.Welcome and enjoy; I got mine 3-1/2 years ago and can't get enough of driving it.

Civardi
07-04-08, 09:03 PM
:welcome: to Mod Hell.

Kmajecki
07-05-08, 08:32 AM
I don't think so. I would like to do an event like that soon though. Preferably a one day.

mike

This isnt a driving event. Quality Motorsports is a shop in Lewisville and they are having their 1 year anniversary on the 19th. They are expecting 400+ cars to show up. They did my cam, headers, motor mounts, uuc flywheel, clutch, broken valve spring and ummm i think thats it so far! Anyway they'll be having food, drinks and a bunch of bad ass cars!

http://quality-motorsports.com

Last years Grand Opening
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/Kmajecki/CIMG2575.jpg

lordlang
07-05-08, 08:41 AM
Shifter is hard to get into reverse and 1st sometimes.

Good luck with them fixing that. I'm pretty sure thats just how it is with the stock shifter. I've taken mine in 3 times for it -- they replaced my flywheel, slave cylender, and a bunch of stuff but it's still the same. Then I sat in a new 07 in their showroom and it shifted the same junky way in 1st and R.

Let me know if they find a way to fix yours.

rand49er
07-05-08, 09:07 AM
"Junky" seems to be a bit harsh and not constructively descriptive. Whatever ...

Not sure why shifting into first and reverse requires a bit of effort. Mine has always been that way as have previous vehicles I've owned.

Seems that smaller, less powerful cars (e.g. my Ford Focus) do not exhibit this ... at least that's from my admittedly limited observations. My '95 SHO (where's tbjs?), for example, was frequently difficult.

tdyguy2k
07-05-08, 01:48 PM
MIne is the same way...moreso in first than reverse. About ten years ago, I had an 06 Ford Contour with a 6cyl and a 5 speed and it was the same way. Must be a manual thing. Do the aftermarket shifters get rid of it completely, or just make it a little easier to live with?