: High Res 09V photos from Fontana

anim8orCTSV
07-03-08, 03:48 AM
I have been swamped lately and have not had a chance to post these images.

I went to the Fontana get together and I took some shots of the 09 V and the V that set the record in Germany.

These images are full size so you can make out a lot of the interior.

Enjoy (I know I did).

Fontana 09 V (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28191109@N05/sets/72157605939614910/)

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

p.s. My 06 V was bought back by GM as a lemon. I am sadly not going to be getting an 09V. We ended up getting two cars as replacements. Both are 08's and neither compete with the CTS-V. I tried driving all the other cars and I could NOT see myself in ANY of them. So I went a TOTALLY different direction as you can see in this photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28191109@N05/2632636197/sizes/l/).

NormV
07-03-08, 08:57 AM
Looks good Paul!

Norm

razl
07-03-08, 09:43 AM
Good pics - thanks for sharing!

Kadonny
07-03-08, 10:55 AM
Awesome, thanks.

In black the hood bulge is not nearly as noticable as the gray colored test car, I'm wondering if that's good or bad.

BigFred
07-03-08, 06:50 PM
High Res, nice work! That's the only way to truly get a feel for the interior. It looks like there are a few plasticky bits, but there are a lot of high quality parts too; enough to ignore the not so nice parts. I don't care if the stitching isn't real leather (maybe it is?), it looks quite nice. All I need now is a drive and a price and someone to bail me out of my 06 lease. Maybe GMAC will have one of those -get out early if you buy a GM vehicle deals-. Maybe I'll just call every day and ask them.

Rich H
07-03-08, 07:22 PM
That fuzzy synthetic fabric doesn't belong on the steering wheel IMO. It detracts from the overall interior appearance. If you want to see something that looks classy take a look at the new M3 steering wheel covered in quality black leather with contrasting red and blue stitching. And I'm sure the grip works just fine with sweaty hands.

Gordy Petrovski
07-03-08, 11:22 PM
If you want to see something that looks classy take a look at the new M3 steering wheel covered in quality black leather with contrasting red and blue stitching.

Thats a great idea,next time Ill slow down to take a look :thumbsup:

v84life
07-04-08, 01:15 AM
The fuzzy wheel won't be standard so you don't have to get it:ill: Personally I think it looks great. If it's good enough for the super cars then it's good enough for me.:)

anim8orCTSV
07-04-08, 01:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it was suede. It felt pretty good and it felt like it would not slip when driving aggressive.

-Paul

RightTurn
07-04-08, 02:11 AM
Thats a great idea,next time Ill slow down to take a look :thumbsup:

:highfive: :lol:

v84life
07-04-08, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the pic's forgot to say that earlier. Anybody else notice the front calipers were discolored. Looks like they have seen some serious heat.:lildevil:

lewisforjesus
07-05-08, 10:39 PM
Nice pics. I'm from the 2008 CTS forum. Was posted over there about these pics. I sure would like those CTS-V wheels on the regular MY 2009 CTS we're going to order. Lewis

Bluhair
07-06-08, 08:33 AM
LFJ:

I will be selling my stock wheels immediately. I will have my wheels for the car, before I actually get the car. Let me know if you want them.

lewisforjesus
07-07-08, 12:28 AM
LFJ:

I will be selling my stock wheels immediately. I will have my wheels for the car, before I actually get the car. Let me know if you want them.

Worth considering. Any idea what kind of a deal you're going to make on them ? Lewis

lewisforjesus
07-07-08, 12:36 AM
LFJ:

Another question, is the CTS-V wheels 18"? Seemed like I remember the V has 19".
Look forward to hearing from you. Lewis

HiTechRV
07-07-08, 12:57 AM
V2 wheels will not be the rare commodity that V1 wheels were.

Bluhair
07-07-08, 10:12 AM
They are 19s.

I'll probably just charge what they cost a the dealership + shipping. They will be brand new, as I will probably have my dealership mount my HREs. The tires will be coming with the wheels, which are PS2s (I think).

JD03Cobra
07-07-08, 05:41 PM
Sweet car for sure.

FrgMstr
07-07-08, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the pictures OP! They helped me with a couple of questions I had.

Izzmeister
07-18-08, 03:26 AM
I don't know about you guys but......I really hate the way the 09 looks. It's awesome performance wise but it looks cheesy. The current one looks way better. The regular cts looks much better than the new V IMO........They made the bottom grill taller than the top, that kills it. The chrome on the window trim looks really cheesy and the interior looks like a cheap infiniti interior, sux. I am definitely keeping my current V. Ok, now you can boot me, LOL......

lawfive
07-18-08, 02:39 PM
It's all the "eye of the beholder," so it is what it is for you.

That said: you make some good points and some not so good points. Much as pictures of the CTS did not do it justice, pictures of the CTS-V somehow focus attention on the upper vs. lower grill and the "underbite" look of the splitter. I felt as you did about this until my first in-person look in Detroit, when I fell in love with how the car looks. Between Detroit and Fontana I spent hours staring at the car from different angles, and I still love it. I'll be surprised if you don't feel more positive about the front end aesthetics after you've had some hands-on time with the real thing. Unless you already have, of course, in which case... never mind.

All that said: mine will be black, and I plan on powdercoating the grills and all of the damned chrome on the car.

Your least defensible point is "cheap infiniti interior, sux." Have you spent time sitting in the car, examining the materials and the fit/finish? Awesomeness! The only thing they got wrong and a little cheesy is the carbon fiber trim. Shoulda been wood.

Cadillac Tony
07-18-08, 03:39 PM
As lawfive said, the pictures really don't do it justice. I was surprised at the Detoit show how different it looked in person, and as far as the upper/lower grill ratio and chrome, they look great in person. The biggest surprise to me in your comments were the "cheap" interior. Even the V6 CTS has been universally praised as one of the best interiors on the road today, and the V adds the gloss black trim, suede accents and LED tracers on the dash to make it even nicer. Here's what MT said about the V6 CTS:

The 2008 CTS carries it's penchant for beauty right into the cockpit. In comparison, a Mercedes C350 cabin looks bleak and severe; the Honda Accord's dash seems fussy- and not as well made. Cadillac's interior team has balanced form, function and panache as deftly as we've seen it done- in some ways (that brilliantly simple yet powerful nav/info system) better than anyone).

the cadillac kid
07-18-08, 04:15 PM
I don't know about you guys but......I really hate the way the 09 looks. It's awesome performance wise but it looks cheesy. The current one looks way better. The regular cts looks much better than the new V IMO........They made the bottom grill taller than the top, that kills it. The chrome on the window trim looks really cheesy and the interior looks like a cheap infiniti interior, sux. I am definitely keeping my current V. Ok, now you can boot me, LOL......

thats how i felt about it too. in fact, i was totally turned off by the front bumper cover.

...but then, i saw it at the New York Auto Show... :drool: :heart:
i'm a believer.

Vrocks
07-24-08, 11:42 AM
I don't hate the way it looks but I also think they could have done a better job with the front grill / bumper (won't keep me from leasing one). You really thinkg an Infinity interior looks better?

Hokie99
07-24-08, 03:35 PM
The fuzzy wheel won't be standard so you don't have to get it:ill: Personally I think it looks great. If it's good enough for the super cars then it's good enough for me.:)

My M3 has the same alcantara (http://www.alcantara.com) wheel, you'd be amazed how great it feels. It also doesn't get super hot in the sun like the black leather interior.

Fire and Ice
07-24-08, 05:48 PM
Very nice photos. Thank you again for coming out to the event!

1FASTSS
07-31-08, 04:59 PM
Nice pics...thanks for sharing...makes me want one even more...if thats even possible!