: ?? about V programming on new nav/radio ??

mcfaddens17
07-03-08, 12:22 AM
Just had new radio installed for peeling buttons. Dealer forgot to install the V programming on it. I kind of like the idea of being able to re-program the steering wheel buttons. Is there any real reason to go back to the dealer to get the correct programming done? I realize the "Comp driving mode" message does not display, but does this actually affect the traction control working in any way or is it just the message on the screen that is affected? Anything else not going to work properly without the correct programming? I'd just assume leave it the way it is if nothing important is affected and save the trip back to the dealer. :confused:

heavymetals
07-03-08, 12:49 AM
You won't be able to put it into competitive driving mode.

MikeNice
07-03-08, 01:22 AM
dont settle...fck than mang! ur car should be in complete working order...bring it back and get some piece of mind. just my opinion. or not, it's urs to do as u wish.

CTSV_510
07-03-08, 09:40 AM
Take it back and make them fix it.

mcfaddens17
07-03-08, 08:30 PM
Does the dealer have the option to leave the ability to customize the steering wheel button settings when they update the programming? and why don't we have that ability anyway, like the regular CTS?:confused:

heavymetals
07-03-08, 08:35 PM
Does the dealer have the option to leave the ability to customize the steering wheel button settings when they update the programming? and why don't we have that ability anyway, like the regular CTS?:confused:

GM figured that in giving it a V8 with gobs of hp, it would be better to give some options to play with the power rather then play with the radio. :thepan: