: 600+HP Cadillac XLR-V (Pictures)

Dr. Design
07-02-08, 09:27 PM
Hello,
We just got some images back from one of the photographers and thought it would be nice to share some of them with all of you. One of interest is the second image, showing the 600+HP XLR-V launching off the line. This car SQUATS so hard under acceleration and pulls like a high speed freight train!! Look for new products coming soon.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/Black_XLRV_Rollingcopy.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/XLRV_Launchingcopy.jpg

Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

StealthViggen
07-02-08, 10:07 PM
More More More!!

Any pics not in motion? What size wheels and tires are you running?

jweymar
07-06-08, 12:40 PM
You should black out the lights

Dr. Design
07-07-08, 10:44 PM
Hello,
We do have images of this vehicle, but not from this photo shoot. The wheels that you see here are 20x8.5 fronts and 20x9.5 rear. Tires are 245/35/ZR20 and 275/30/ZR20 respectively.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/Black_XLRV_Stillcopy.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

More More More!!

Any pics not in motion? What size wheels and tires are you running?

Lord Cadillac
07-07-08, 11:29 PM
625 horsepower? 630 foot pounds of torque? What did you do to it? How fast is it?

Fire and Ice
07-08-08, 04:07 PM
Sounds like we got Sal's attention with this one =)
This vehicle is equipped with the Stage 2+ power package.

It includes:
Stage 1 Intake
Stage 2 Intake
Torque Master Plugs
Corsa Exhaust
Custom ECU tune
Boost Upgrade Package
Modified S/C Lid
Custom Headers

We have yet to take this one to the track.

Thank you.

MrEr1c
07-09-08, 10:56 PM
...so how much rwhp/tq?

I don't mean to seem like an ass but why do you guys over at D3 seem to mainly give just crank numbers? It's very misleading at times.

Oh yeah, that is a VERY nice looking car!

Dr. Design
07-10-08, 01:49 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your response. The reason we provide crank numbers and not wheel numbers is because that is how most people can relate to THEIR vehicle. Someone with an XLR-V knows there vehicle makes 443 crank HP and 414 ft. lbs also measured at the crank. This particular car made WELL over that just at the wheels! So rather than have to explain to everyone (the casual enthusiast) the differences between crank and wheel figures, we just post the crank figures to make it easier. As for the numbers being misleading...We always try to make it a point to indicate that these numbers are calculated as BHP NOT WHP. The manufacturer doesn’t advertise in WHP & WTQ. Just trying to show simple comparisons.

Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

...so how much rwhp/tq?

I don't mean to seem like an ass but why do you guys over at D3 seem to mainly give just crank numbers? It's very misleading at times.

Oh yeah, that is a VERY nice looking car!

joee5
07-13-08, 04:26 PM
She's a beaut and mean looking too. God Bless, Joe

Quick65
07-15-08, 06:04 PM
Doc Design,
In looking at the grill there appears to be some sort of intake modification (a two metalic frames appear to be behind top grill. Did you do somthing in addition to removing the material covering the openings??

Fire and Ice
07-15-08, 08:00 PM
Those are actually part of the stock body/frame area in front of the radiator. We modify them to allow cool air to hit the air filters.

hXc95SLS
09-04-08, 12:34 PM
Thats so sexy. Man I wish I had the money to afford one.

Luxury & Exotics
09-10-08, 10:50 AM
very nice!

Thomas1978
12-11-08, 08:30 PM
Is this car naturally aspirated or does it have some sort of forced induction to get above 600 hp?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-12-08, 04:29 AM
Uhh, stock XLR-V is already supercharged...

Fire and Ice
12-12-08, 12:54 PM
The V series XLR and STS models are supercharged from the factory. We offer power packages to enhance the existing design producing even more horsepower and torque.

vixapphire
12-12-08, 02:14 PM
did you have to change the springs or reprogram the suspension in any way to accommodate the 20's? It sits so nicely on those things; most times I see cars with huge rims they either look like tractors or have had the suspension swapped out.

I'm kind of partial to the stock V wheels, but these things are good to know.

Incidentally, about stock wheels (I'm asking here because you D3 guys are the experts), is it possible to swap out the rear wheels (19's) from the STS-V with the XLR-v's 18" rears to get a little more aggressive look on the XLR-v, or would one have to tub the car to do that?

(watching these second-hand market prices on xlr-v's is killing me)

Fire and Ice
12-12-08, 02:21 PM
Well, the XLR and XLR-V don't use a standard spring, but more a leaf spring design that goes from left to right between wheels. We did elect to lower our XLR-V slightly, but it's not necessary to do. And just FYI: lowering these cars is done by adjustment rather than replacement of springs. 20" wheels fit very nicely on the XLR and XLR-V.

The wheels on the XLR-V are NOT interchangeable with the STS-V. The STS-V uses a 6 lug bolt pattern where as the XLR-V uses a 5 lug. We can provide wheels in 19" or 20" and in a staggered fit to give the vehicle a more aggressive stance.

Thank you.

did you have to change the springs or reprogram the suspension in any way to accommodate the 20's? It sits so nicely on those things; most times I see cars with huge rims they either look like tractors or have had the suspension swapped out.

I'm kind of partial to the stock V wheels, but these things are good to know.

Incidentally, about stock wheels (I'm asking here because you D3 guys are the experts), is it possible to swap out the rear wheels (19's) from the STS-V with the XLR-v's 18" rears to get a little more aggressive look on the XLR-v, or would one have to tub the car to do that?

(watching these second-hand market prices on xlr-v's is killing me)