: How to reset oil life monitor

JD001249
07-02-08, 03:55 PM
How do you reset the oil life monitor. I had my dealer do it once for me but I do not remember what they said to do.

I know it is a trick with turning the key to the on position and pushing the gas pedal down a few times but I don't remember exactly.

Any help would be appreciated. I am headed to the dealer next week to get the AC fixed (ERRRRRR) and I can ask then if no one knows.

Thanks!

93si
07-02-08, 04:24 PM
Turn the key to the on Posistion. Press gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds and then turn key off. That should be all.

03fatboy
07-02-08, 08:03 PM
On an 05 it is done with the steering wheel controls get to were is says oil life 0% on the display and press an hold the left arrow button on the right side lower switch till it say oil life reset.

dstinson
07-03-08, 12:38 AM
I have an 03 and its all steering wheel controls too.

hcvone
07-03-08, 07:44 AM
On an 05 it is done with the steering wheel controls get to were is says oil life 0% on the display and press an hold the left arrow button on the right side lower switch till it say oil life reset.

That is what I did for my 03'. :) Never heard of the gas pedal pressing method.

ewill3rd
07-03-08, 08:10 AM
To do it with the gas pedal you have to be patient.

Be sure the key is off for at least one minute. Turn the key to "run", then depress the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds. Turn the key back to off and wait for at least one more minute.
If you skip the waiting it won't work, the PCM has to go to sleep before and after you reset it or it won't take.

If you have the steering wheel controls it is way easier, just set the DIC to the oil life, and hold the enter button until it changes to 100%.

johnpsmith84
05-31-10, 04:24 AM
With an 04, you turn the ignition three times to accessory, then on the third turn, you just leave it on accessory, and right away, you press the gas pedal 4 times.