: Dynamat Installation Questions?

Sherlock
07-02-08, 04:19 PM
I've tried searching a couple times to get some information on installing Dynamat or similar sound deadening material. I didn't really come up with much. I was wondering if I could get some thoughts from those who have done it. I plan on doing the whole interior floor as well as the trunk floor and spare tire well. I guess what I'm asking is it worth the $300 in Dynamat to do so. I was planning on buying the Dynamat Mega Pack with consists of 72 sq ft, which will be just enough based on my measurements. I have a small amount of rear end whine, which to me is slightly irritating. So if the dynamat will cancel that I out I'm all for it. I also have Specter bushings yet to install as well as a BMR Pinion support. I like my cars quiet and hopefully the Dynamat install will cancel out the added noise that will result from the modifications.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts or tips on installation and I'd really like to see some installation pictures if anyone has them?

Netsloth
07-02-08, 05:00 PM
Try sending a PM to KGoch. I know he did the back floor and trunk of his car.

rand49er
07-02-08, 05:15 PM
... I like my cars quiet ...You wouldn't like half the cars on this forum, then.

Try sending a PM to KGoch. I know he did the back floor and trunk of his car.I can never recall who did that, but wow! what a job he did. Would love to do that, too, but not my highest priority.

Netsloth
07-02-08, 05:43 PM
You wouldn't like half the cars on this forum, then.

I can never recall who did that, but wow! what a job he did. Would love to do that, too, but not my highest priority.

Well, I'm glad to hear that it's quality work, since I'm picking that car up on Tuesday.

:thumbsup:

ssmith100
07-02-08, 05:50 PM
It's a lot of work I. I did the whole car front to back along with all the doors. I wouldn't use anything but Dynamat Extreme no matter what people say. I used some Second Skin product and it's just not as good. It will cut down on a lot of the creaks and groans and kill a lot of the road noise. I'd recommend doing a closed cell foam barrier (1/8") over the top of the floor board and the rear seat area. I think that helped more than anything.

Shane

atdeneve
07-02-08, 05:52 PM
Try sending a PM to KGoch. I know he did the back floor and trunk of his car.I can never recall who did that, but wow! what a job he did. Would love to do that, too, but not my highest priority.

You're probably thinking of Shane (SSmith100).

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/40197d1205157104-stereo-complete-new-pics-sd3.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/39997d1204507811-stereo-complete-new-pics-door1.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/40200d1205157164-stereo-complete-new-pics-amps.jpg

Edit: There he is.

rand49er
07-02-08, 08:47 PM
It's a lot of work I. I did the whole car front to back along with all the doors. I wouldn't use anything but Dynamat Extreme no matter what people say. I used some Second Skin product and it's just not as good. It will cut down on a lot of the creaks and groans and kill a lot of the road noise. I'd recommend doing a closed cell foam barrier (1/8") over the top of the floor board and the rear seat area. I think that helped more than anything.

ShaneYeah, THAT'S who I was thinking of! :highfive:

Really did it right, too!

MikeNice
07-02-08, 09:09 PM
nice job..really. but isnt there an option on the radio that boost up the vol to compensate for road noise. hmmm? =]

KEV-V
07-03-08, 12:51 AM
On the dynamat topic what is the best way to lower the road noise I get from my B&M shifter. I was thinking of wrapping it as much as I can but not sure how far to go, any advice? :hmm:

vegasVowner
07-03-08, 03:30 AM
The BMR Pinion Support and cradle bushings will add quite a bit of cabin noise. Also don't buy Falken 452's, these three things are driving me batty right now.

Sherlock
07-06-08, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions and pictures. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. All of the interior is out of the car anyway for cleaning...(Seats, Carpet, Center Console, Trunk Linings).

Sherlock
07-18-08, 01:38 PM

Shane
Shane,

I think I may try the closed cell foam barrier. Do you have any pictures of that installed?

Thanks