: New here.

g9s8r
07-02-08, 02:45 PM
Hello. I am new to these forums. I just purchased an 04 Ext. I believe that it was a theft recovery but DMV and carfax has no record of any such event. The vehicle has a clean title still. I am just hoping for the best.

Now that is out of the way....Does this forum have general information about the Escalade or Ext's exterior, interior, suspension, engine, etc etc.

The only reason I ask is that I am a member of a few other forums and they are oh so wonderful and are full of resources.

I have just been searching a little bit and it looks like the forum is a little vague. Perhaps not too enough enthusiasts?? I dunno. Well, its not going to keep me from these forums. I am hopefully going to keep it for awhile until I can afford to move up to an 07 or 08 model. :cool2:

JD001249
07-02-08, 03:45 PM
Welcome. Good luck with the purchase. This forum is great and a wealth of information. Be more specific about your questions and one of us will surely have an answer.

hcvone
07-02-08, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the Froum. :) Best of luck with your truck, what color is it?

The Scientist
07-02-08, 03:54 PM
Ok??? First, welcome.

Second, theft recovered vehicle??? It happens, if recovered in short order then generally not a big deal but what would make you think that it is.

Third, there are several "technicians" on board here so all you need to do is ask but I recommend reading a lot first. And if you have to ask about the forum then you haven't read enough.

Lastly, I agree with you intial assessment. There aren't that many posters with wildly customized rides but plenty that have customized their rides. So enjoy.

g9s8r
07-03-08, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for the welcome.

I'm not sure the color of the vehicle. It has been repainted with a non factory color. Kind of like a beige mixed with gold. I'll post some pics when I get a chance to take them.

I think its a theft because the vin has been destroyed on the door sill. The stickers on the sill and the doors are completely gone. DMV has a replacement vin verification riveted on the door sill. I ran a carfax and have called the DMV. They both have a clean bill of health. So, I dunno.

Anyhow, about the board, I am sure with enough persistence I will find or ask all the questions I need. I am just spoiled by having a FAQ section for each forum where they list the "frequently asked questions" with answers. The FAQ section here is more of a search. The FAQ they do have refer to the board and not model specific questions.

I am pretty familiar with some forums and I know that searching comes up with some answers. If I can not find them, I know I can ask. I just don't want crap from members for asking general questions. Questions like......

"Are there any differences between the Escalade and the EXT as far as accesories, suspension, engine...etc etc.?"

That is a lot of research for me and is easier to ask but what kind of results will I get? LOL.

Anyhow, I am just glad to have an online community for the vehicle I just purchased. I am sure I will need help as I already am looking. THANKS!! :thumbsup:

g9s8r
07-03-08, 02:05 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/MrWellbutrin/rides/EXT/IMAG0200.jpg

g9s8r
07-03-08, 02:09 PM
Here are small pics of the door and the door sill so I dont have that annoying kill the thread with nothing but huge pics.
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/MrWellbutrin/rides/EXT/th_IMAG0197.jpg
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/MrWellbutrin/rides/EXT/th_IMAG0198.jpg
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/MrWellbutrin/rides/EXT/th_IMAG0199.jpg

The Scientist
07-03-08, 02:24 PM
In the picture your ride looks like white diamond but if you see a gold tint then it could be gold mist. That is one of the newer factory colors.

hcvone
07-03-08, 02:25 PM
In the pixs it looks like it's diamond white or silver

urbanski
07-03-08, 02:28 PM
sure looks gold to me :p

g9s8r
07-03-08, 03:11 PM
Its DEFINITELY not a factory color for that year. I think since its really sunny out right now it looks white washed. It is definitely a goldish color. Almost like the gold jeep cherokee except mixed with a beige. Maybe I'll get better pics later when the sun goes down.

I'll look into that newer color. Thanks Scientist.

I am pretty screwed if something were to happen to the paint. I have no idea what it is. I just know that it used to be Black.