: MD Inspection

Adrenaline
07-02-08, 01:44 PM
Some more woos with my 05 CTS-V. So I just sucked it up and bought a used 6 disc/nav system for my CTS-V since the dealership and cadillac wouldn't do anything. I took it in this morning to get the MD inspection since I bought it in VA and it failed on:

-Rear Stop Lights don't work when brake is applied
-Front side markers are tinted, need to be replaced
-Left and right front wheel bearings need to be replaced
-Both front rotors are below spec
-Rear Tail Lamps are tinted, need to be replaced
-Tinted windows, I have to take it to a Police barracks apparently to get it signed off as being legal

Fun times await! Apparently the rear stop light and bearings are under warranty, but the others I have to pay out of pocket. The dealership blew me off and said it was my problem not theirs.

qqik4u
07-02-08, 01:52 PM
Been there done it - banged my head against the wall twice:banghead: and came up with a costly solution as I like the all blacked our look.

Sent you a PM w/phone number I can elaborate.

I am still looking for a inspection station in VA who would let me keep my blacked out lights. no luck yet.

Mick

CTSV_510
07-02-08, 02:05 PM
I have my stock orange side marker lenses if you want them. Let me know.

Adrenaline
07-02-08, 02:05 PM
Been there done it - banged my head against the wall twice:banghead: and came up with a costly solution as I like the all blacked our look.

Sent you a PM w/phone number I can elaborate.

I am still looking for a inspection station in VA who would let me keep my blacked out lights. no luck yet.

Mick

I can't send PMs yet, so here's some pics of my car:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2282170&l=6342b&id=5727764

Thanks again!

FIVEOH!!!
07-02-08, 02:17 PM
Let me make a couple calls and I will email you later .

Adrenaline
07-02-08, 02:30 PM
I have my stock orange side marker lenses if you want them. Let me know.

How much do you want for them?

CTSV_510
07-02-08, 04:21 PM
How much do you want for them?

How about $50 shipped?

...or you could become a supporting member and have the lenses for free and just pay shipping, say $5 ? ;)

pm me or you can email me: ctsv510 @ comcast.net

Adrenaline
07-02-08, 07:48 PM
In looking at my car, the rear lights don't appear to be tinted, are they stock like the ones shown in my pictures? THe side markers definitely look blacked out, but I'm not so sure about the back.

CTSV-510:
I'll be emailing you shortly.

heavymetals
07-02-08, 08:15 PM
I would have thought they would have been on the hook for the rotors to.

Maybe meet you halfway.

I would sue them anyway. PUTZes

CTSV_510
07-02-08, 11:10 PM
In looking at my car, the rear lights don't appear to be tinted, are they stock like the ones shown in my pictures? THe side markers definitely look blacked out, but I'm not so sure about the back.

CTSV-510:
I'll be emailing you shortly.

Your rear lights are not tinted, they are stock.

Adrenaline
07-03-08, 01:44 PM
Your rear lights are not tinted, they are stock.

Sweet, I guess on Monday after all of the warranty work is done I'll get the Cadillac dealership to put something in writing so when I take it to the other dealership they'll take that off my list of things to do.

Adrenaline
07-03-08, 01:52 PM
Well that was easy, called the dealership I took it to get inspected and said I compared it with another CTS-V and they are indeed stock so they are cool with it so the rear lamps don't need to be replaced now.