: Sticky tire recommendations

KEV-V
07-01-08, 07:48 PM
OK I am looking for something sticky for light to light cruising. I don't track the car so I would be happy for now just throwing something sticky on the back.

The reason I am looking is that after last night my buddy whooped me with his Supercharged Stang that he just put BFG drag radials on. I used to pull away from him but now he holeshots me so bad I can't recover. Anyone have any suggestions to put on my stock rims......I would like to go a little wider to, thanks.

CTSV_510
07-01-08, 08:31 PM
What tires are you running now?

StealthCTSVJJL
07-01-08, 08:41 PM
I put on Bridgestone RE01-R's about 2k miles ago and they rock! the sidewalls are very stiff they kind of feel like the original runflats, but boy do they stick!
The do squeal a bit at the limit but it lets you know how far you can go before its too late. Can't say yet about wear but I am sure it won't be great.
As far as road noise, they are actually quieter than the F1 GS-D3's I was running previously. Its a great road and track tire. They also work pretty well in the rain.

rand49er
07-01-08, 09:31 PM
Get a Maggie. ;)

MauiV
07-01-08, 09:50 PM
Is anyone running Nitto DR's? A guy I know with a Cobra turning 509hp said his wheel hop virtually disappeared when he put them on and his 60' time is now down around 1.8 if memory serves.

This is VERY tempting especially if it can help with the hop. A tire that doesnt spin is gonna have a hard time hopping.