: TRI State Poker Run NY,CT,NJ

MikeNice
07-01-08, 03:23 AM
Any and all interested???? ideas

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11802602

Twitch
07-01-08, 09:17 AM
You thinking about joining in on one, or starting one?

sefa01
07-01-08, 12:03 PM
Any and all interested???? ideas

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11802602

I was on that Poker Run last summer in my C6 Z06. That was with the Northeast Wolfpack and it was actually one of our tamer runs. I've also taken the V a couple times on runs.

Funny story: We all met up at the Delaware Water Gap to begin. Alex, the club president, told everyone that we were going on Rtes. 80, 384, and 84. He said to be careful on Rtes. 80 and 84 because of the cops, but 384 was wide open. 384 was the road most of this video was shot on. But Alex got pulled over, clocked at 149. He told the cop it was a charity run (which it was) and got the ticket knocked down to 90 and was allowed to continue--rather than go to jail and have his car confiscated.

We also have a Toys for Tots run each year on the Atlantic City Expressway where the State Police close down the road for us and man the exits. I've hit 170 during this run, but there are documented speeds of 185 and more.

Finally, you probably need at least 25-30 cars for a good poker run. Don't know that we'd get that many Vs together. But it would be fun.

Twitch
07-01-08, 12:53 PM
I was on that Poker Run last summer in my C6 Z06. That was with the Northeast Wolfpack and it was actually one of our tamer runs. I've also taken the V a couple times on runs.

Funny story: We all met up at the Delaware Water Gap to begin. Alex, the club president, told everyone that we were going on Rtes. 80, 384, and 84. He said to be careful on Rtes. 80 and 84 because of the cops, but 384 was wide open. 384 was the road most of this video was shot on. But Alex got pulled over, clocked at 149. He told the cop it was a charity run (which it was) and got the ticket knocked down to 90 and was allowed to continue--rather than go to jail and have his car confiscated.

We also have a Toys for Tots run each year on the Atlantic City Expressway where the State Police close down the road for us and man the exits. I've hit 170 during this run, but there are documented speeds of 185 and more.

Finally, you probably need at least 25-30 cars for a good poker run. Don't know that we'd get that many Vs together. But it would be fun.
I think you told us that story at Summit.
Maybe we can jump in on someones poker run. We'll never get that many Vs.

Cool thing about his videos, is that I know some of the roads. :D

MikeNice
07-01-08, 01:08 PM
I think you told us that story at Summit.
Maybe we can jump in on someones poker run. We'll never get that many Vs.

Cool thing about his videos, is that I know some of the roads. :D

i would love to just join in on one if possible, as i don't have the resorces to orgnize one. thats what the post was about to see who knows if any about said run.
that vid is a trip, i also know the roads pretty well... 84 is one of my favs

love the statie at the end of the vid...was that the one who pulled over the guy u know?

sefa01
07-01-08, 02:00 PM
i would love to just join in on one if possible, as i don't have the resorces to orgnize one. thats what the post was about to see who knows if any about said run.
that vid is a trip, i also know the roads pretty well... 84 is one of my favs

love the statie at the end of the vid...was that the one who pulled over the guy u know?

The New York Wolfpack is pretty cool, so I don't think they'd have a problem with you tagging along in your V. Having said that, I haven't seen a poker run scheduled yet for this year. If I do, I'll post it up.

Yes, that was Alex getting pulled over. As you saw, he went by the Vette that had slowed down to 85 when his radar detector went off.

MikeNice
07-01-08, 02:04 PM
thanks! much appreciated.

shadybx7
07-28-09, 02:18 PM
tony,sorry for the old thread :bump:

anyways, anyone ever heard about another one of these happening.. i would definitely like to do a cruise like this one day in the :v:

i Pm'd sefa, but don't know if he's still active

Paisan
07-28-09, 05:38 PM
Oh I thought this was a Performance Boat Poker Run! Never did one in a car. We used to do back-roads drives with my Subaru board but it got too dangerous. Now we just go to the track!

-mike

stuckey
07-28-09, 07:31 PM
since this got brought back up what sort of prizes do they give at these things. cant be much because it is for charity but thinking of trying to put one together i have someone that may be interested in sponsoring.

Paisan
07-28-09, 09:00 PM
We do an annual winter drive with the subies, this year will be our 9th year. Raised $25,000 for The American Cancer Society last year and gave away $10,000 in prizes during the raffle. Check it out http://48hrs.info We hold it over a weekend and drive about 1,000+ miles together.

-mike

liqidvenom
07-28-09, 11:16 PM
i want to do that garden state parkway run that the vettes do

vseries
07-29-09, 02:09 AM
count me in, anyone keeping track if those interested? i dont think 15-20 cars should be a problem??

Trouble81
07-29-09, 04:04 AM
i would be done for one as long as i can bring my cts (no v yet)