: ARGH! Those bastards!

kjr39
06-30-08, 07:15 PM
So, I just am getting back from taking the V in and noticed something on the way back. One, they drove it, which I hate. But, more importantly, they drove it HARD. The G meter is now reading over 1.00 and wasn't there when I dropped it off... Just called and bitched at the service manager and he's going to look into the problem (which I expect doesn't mean a damn thing.) So, what would you do?

heavymetals
06-30-08, 07:19 PM
So, I just am getting back from taking the V in and noticed something on the way back. One, they drove it, which I hate. But, more importantly, they drove it HARD. The G meter is now reading over 1.00 and wasn't there when I dropped it off... Just called and bitched at the service manager and he's going to look into the problem (which I expect doesn't mean a damn thing.) So, what would you do?

Tell them you have a clunk and the diff is whining now.

tdyguy2k
06-30-08, 07:22 PM
^^^ I like that tactic.

MikeNice
06-30-08, 07:24 PM
throw a brick through the bay window of said shop...won't do much for the dik that basterdised ur car but you'll sleep better i'm sure.

gfourth
06-30-08, 07:33 PM
That is bullsh!t. From now on, I will be resetting the G meter when my car goes to the dealer.

Bueller
06-30-08, 10:01 PM
I haven't had my car that long. It has been to the dealer 4 times. Each and every time they did something wrong that I noticed. I am not a tech, but a little common sense goes a long way. Hmmm, that bolt didn't go in and fell...Guess I should leave it in the dash to rattle. Ah, that suspension bolt doesn't need to be more than finger tight really. IDIOTS.

I have a list ready of the items they botched each time. The sorry thing for them is I am the type of guy that isn't afraid to tip. They just haven't completed a job correctly yet. I wish the factory would just give warranty parts over the parts counter and save themself the labor of be-backs.

JonCR96Z
06-30-08, 10:13 PM

Over 1.00 could mean hard cornering, but from incompetent shop techs it probably means donuts.

Jon

The Tony Show
06-30-08, 10:18 PM
I'd raise holy hell.

StealthV
06-30-08, 10:20 PM
$500 Parts from Luke @ Lindsay
$150 Factory Service Manual
$100 In new tools for the toolbox (Honey, I had to buy them to fix the car)

Knowing you alone screwed up your V - Priceless.

kjr39
06-30-08, 10:26 PM
Over 1.00 could mean hard cornering, but from incompetent shop techs it probably means donuts.

Jon

Damnit. I had just calmed down. The thought of someone doing donuts is getting my blood about ready to boil. Would a call to Cadillac Customer Service be worth while?

type911
06-30-08, 10:28 PM
Look for caked on rubber on and under your quarters. Sorry to hear about that. Pisses me off.

MikeNice
07-01-08, 02:06 AM
Damnit. I had just calmed down. The thought of someone doing donuts is getting my blood about ready to boil. Would a call to Cadillac Customer Service be worth while?

there's only one fix....find a brick...or if ur alittle chubby and cant sprint away from the crime scene...method #2 u'll need ducktape a 1/4 stick of tnt(blockbuster) a cigerette and a lighter and dark clothes. 1st ducktape tnt to the biggest showroom window around 11pm at police shift change. 2nd light cig, 3rd push whick of blckbstr through cig about 1 inch from base of filter :bomb:
. then get in car and wait till u hear kaboom about 3-4 blocks away...lastly
drive home with shyt eatin grin. :lildevil:

rand49er
07-01-08, 07:13 AM
Tell them you have a clunk and the diff is whining now.:rofl:

pveomett
07-01-08, 08:57 AM
If they unhooked your batery the G-meter might not have reset to .00. Last year when my battery was about to shit the bed I had to take the V into the body shop of the dealer that I bought it from. The G-meter was at .8<-g->.6 or something like that when I picked it up, so I called to bitch. They said they didn't have test drive my car for a paint job. The fallowing week I came out to a dead battery every morning and the G-meter would read something new every day untill I got the battery replaced.

Kmajecki
07-01-08, 09:43 AM
Knowing you alone screwed up your V - Priceless.

:yeah: Absolutely!

odla
07-01-08, 10:39 AM
this is why i reset a few things everytime i go in. g meter, odometer, nav so i can track to see where they went. amt of fuel used and i do let my service advisor know that i do it. iv even shown him that it was done.

Seattle CTS-V
07-01-08, 02:59 PM
I'd call Cadillac customer service and just have them create a file that says someone drove your car hard. That way, if your diff does go soon then you'll have some recourse.

JonCR96Z
07-01-08, 04:05 PM
this is why i reset a few things everytime i go in. g meter, odometer, nav so i can track to see where they went. amt of fuel used and i do let my service advisor know that i do it. iv even shown him that it was done.

It's best to reset nav tracking at your house then take it there, otherwise they can just reset it and you wouldn't know any difference.

onebadcad
07-01-08, 05:05 PM
I had a similar issue about a year ago with my C6. It needed an A/C part, under warranty, part was not available, and car should have been parked for the day. I picked it up the same day, with no repair possible, and it had 15 miles put on it. I checked the rear wheel wells, and there was spent rubber all over them. I then went and got the service manager, he verified the mileage difference, had no answers, got the tech who played naive, I said I am calling the police to report unauthorized use of a vehicle, tech then said he took it for a brief ride to verify past repairs were holding up (I had a TC issue), I was relentless, they gave me a check for $1,000 (my cost of the two rear tires). I wish the car would have remained parked that day, but I have no grace when morons at dealerships mistreat my car.

Speak to the owner of the dealership, request an extended warranty gratis, or at least tires, or both:lildevil:, be professional and very direct. Good luck!

heavymetals
07-01-08, 05:14 PM
Good for you.

cvettr/cts-v
07-01-08, 05:34 PM
this is precisely why i try not to leave it there and stay near exit of lot to stop any potential joy rides. good luck just bee sure you can prove as in above examples of fresh burnt rubber in other areas than on tires

svtbolt2001
07-10-08, 02:22 PM
ok so how do you reset the G meter?

randycsvt
07-10-08, 04:36 PM
I just reset the Gmeter before I leave home and take a couple of turns at the fastest velocity I would be comfortable with a tech driving my car. I record the numbers and check for differences. If you just reset it, they will turn it back to zero and you know no difference. Also keep track of the mileage when you brought it in.

It looks like it is time for you to write and mail a certified letter to the dealership owner, cc GM and your lawyer. That always gets results and you don't have to waste time telling lots of people your same story.

Mystical_Ice
07-10-08, 04:51 PM

i'm all for doing that, but i DEFINATELY wouldn't tell them i did it...

if you reset all those things, it's VERY easy for them to do the same thing, and you'd never know.

I usually just watch my odometer, turn 'tracking' on (then zoom all the way out, so even if they turn navigation on, they won't see the 'breadcrumbs'... but i will when i get it back and zoom in), and finally, take note of "fuel remaining".

i'll also reset my G-meter ON THE WAY to the dealership. again, it's easy to reset a G-meter if they notice it's at 0 <--> 0. that way i pull in with .4<-->.4.

Reason i note odometer as well as fuel remaining, is if they take it for a 3 mile test drive, that's fine... sometimes you have to take a car for a drive to diagnose or test something... but if they take it for a 3 mile test drive, and they've used .3 gallons, then i know something's up :)

and i've had to raise hell several times.