: Decisions, decisions...Help me out

Junior1
06-30-08, 05:02 PM
Hey guys...
NewB here, been lurking for a bit and doing my homework

I've run into a problem and need some help deciding...

I managed to find my perfect V;
One owner *check*
Clean carfax *check*
Low miles:under 15k *check*
Silver with Black interior *check*
Low 30's price *check*
My only problem is I managed to find 2 of them (its a good problem to have)
The difference is one is a 2005 and the other is a 2006.
The 2005 is a CPO and located fairly close, a little cheaper
The 2006 is located across the country but I know the original owner from another forum, and it actually has a bit less mileage, a few extra bucks
I checked the faq site, compared the 2 and I'm just stuck now...

I know some of you with each respective year will be partial to it, but can you help me out ??? aside from the LS6/LS2 debate
Pros/Cons???
Aftermarket better/bigger for any of the years?
Eventually I'll add a supercharger,exhaust,programming

Thanx in advance for the help

*EDIT* I have to add 1 more to the mix... There's a 2004 that is BowenCT's from this forum. Meets all the criteria, close by and is cheaper than all of them

BowenCT
06-30-08, 05:08 PM
Here's one for you. The money you save will let you do that super charger now.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4112

Junior1
06-30-08, 05:22 PM
You're killing me. 3 choices now
I'd have to throw that into the mix as well...very nice
You're supposed to make this easier, not harder for me ;)

BowenCT
06-30-08, 05:26 PM
Where are you located?

Junior1
06-30-08, 05:31 PM
I'm in NY

Civardi
06-30-08, 05:36 PM
LS6 FTW. Hey thats a good vanity plate.

BowenCT
06-30-08, 05:42 PM
I'm in NY

Man you're in my back yard, let's rock and roll!

MikeNice
06-30-08, 06:58 PM
Man you're in my back yard, let's rock and roll!

yes u are...im in bpt ct.
u like dogs, i breed a.p.b.t's (padlock kennels)
u own cts-v/// me too! lol
maybe we can arrange a playdate....btw... not sure where u are but every wendsday nite in derby 5-9 (weather permitting) we go to heavnly doughnuts on rt ??? shyt i forgot 34 i wanna say exit 15 off rt 8. give me a shout back if interested. peace! :thumbsup:

MikeNice
06-30-08, 07:03 PM
Hey guys...
NewB here, been lurking for a bit and doing my homework

I've run into a problem and need some help deciding...

I managed to find my perfect V;
One owner *check*
Clean carfax *check*
Low miles:under 15k *check*
Silver with Black interior *check*
Low 30's price *check*
My only problem is I managed to find 2 of them (its a good problem to have)
The difference is one is a 2005 and the other is a 2006.
The 2005 is a CPO and located fairly close, a little cheaper
The 2006 is located across the country but I know the original owner from another forum, and it actually has a bit less mileage, a few extra bucks
I checked the faq site, compared the 2 and I'm just stuck now...

I know some of you with each respective year will be partial to it, but can you help me out ??? aside from the LS6/LS2 debate
Pros/Cons???
Aftermarket better/bigger for any of the years?
Eventually I'll add a supercharger,exhaust,programming

Thanx in advance for the help

*EDIT* I have to add 1 more to the mix... There's a 2004 that is BowenCT's from this forum. Meets all the criteria, close by and is cheaper than all of them

go with newer...just my opinion...i paid 31g for an 06 shipped to the door with 10,227 ( my b-day was 2/27) from ohio. never seen the car...thrilled when the trailor pulled up the day after my b-day on the 28 of feb.
cons: intact fact wrrny ...thats all i have to say about that. :shhh:

tdyguy2k
06-30-08, 07:29 PM
Dude, what a dillemna. I guess it all comes down to the $$$. What is the price difference? And how many mods could you do with the savings? My opinion would be the CPO 05, I have an LS 6. Good luck with your decision, and either way, I'm sure you'll be happy. These cars are a blast to drive.

AlmostAV
06-30-08, 08:08 PM
If you can afford to, go check them both out, in person, drive them, look them over. then decide.

StealthV
06-30-08, 09:46 PM
^^^ Good advice.

How well do you truly know the owner of the V from another forum? Close personal friend or forum buddy like we all are here? The Internet and reality may not match.

Knowing what I know about my old V, I wouldn't want to buy it used. If one did the research about my V on this forum, the car would appear perfect, anally maintained and has err...*had* one of the cleanest service records of any V built.

Caveat emptor.

BowenCT
06-30-08, 09:48 PM

Was your car at the CT Auto Fest in Meriden a couple weeks ago?

BowenCT
06-30-08, 09:52 PM
If you can afford to, go check them both out, in person, drive them, look them over. then decide.

Good advice for sure. Go drive them both, then come drive mine, the decision will no longer be difficult.

groverdill
06-30-08, 09:58 PM
If you can't drive em both due to distance, I would rule the far away one out of the running.

rand49er
06-30-08, 10:24 PM
All else being equal (i.e. both in excellent condition inside and out), I'd go for the CPO.

Just my $0.02.

StealthV
06-30-08, 11:04 PM
Plus the CPO doesn't have a truck engine.

Twitch
07-01-08, 12:43 AM
u like dogs, i breed a.p.b.t's (padlock kennels)
u own cts-v/// me too! lol
maybe we can arrange a playdate....btw... not sure where u are but every wendsday nite in derby 5-9 (weather permitting) we go to heavnly doughnuts on rt ??? shyt i forgot 34 i wanna say exit 15 off rt 8. give me a shout back if interested. peace! :thumbsup:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/0127_102736.jpg

Junior1
07-01-08, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys for the help...

I can get a little clearer on the details...

The 2006 has less than 6,500 miles on it and is on the west coast, no I haven't met the member in person, but I know people that have at various meets. I also have done business with the guy as he is a supporting vendor of the other forum. It was a 2yr lease that went back on 6/06, I missed it by a few days and was sold at auction 6/16. I have a few pictures and waiting on various others from the dealer. It is not CPO because it is at a Chevy dealer...
Price range is 33-34k. Shipping in an enclosed carrier will be close to 2k if not more on top of that...

The 2005 has around 18,000 miles, is close to me and is a cert preowned with 100k warranty. Carfax says it was originally owned in NJ and sold at auction
Pricing is 31-32k. I can drive it home

Added to the mix is BowenCT's 2004 with 14,000 miles, he's a member here and is close to me. Carfax has it as a 1 owner. I noticed the rear end was overhauled at dealer so 1 less thing to do.
Pricing is 27-28k. I can drive it home

MikeNice
07-01-08, 12:55 AM
Was your car at the CT Auto Fest in Meriden a couple weeks ago?

june 1st...yeah that was me.
i got a trophy and sunburn. lol
did u enter a car or spectate? :dance:

MikeNice
07-01-08, 01:03 AM
sorry about the bump.
tuff call on ur part, but the 04 seems to be the winner in the crap shoot. i would get the 06 but im partial to the gen lV ls2 drivetrain. plus its still gonna have that new car smell and in 2 yrs u'll still get high 20's in resale. but the ls6's will be in the high teens. mmhmmm =]

groverdill
07-01-08, 01:04 AM
30k+is too much for a 05, I got mine for 26k with 23k miles

groverdill
07-01-08, 01:06 AM
sorry about the bump.
tuff call on ur part, but the 04 seems to be the winner in the crap shoot. i would get the 06 but im partial to the gen lV ls2 drivetrain. plus its still gonna have that new car smell and in 2 yrs u'll still get high 20's in resale. but the ls6's will be in the high teens. mmhmmm =]

10k price difference from 05 to 06? sure.

:histeric:

MikeNice
07-01-08, 01:09 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/0127_102736.jpg

twitch u sick bastid...ofrn ....is he/she papered? what blood-lines? sorrel/ sorona castillo?
thats a sweet pic...may i take it for my pic folder?
we got same breed color dogs, and whips. u got great taste!!! :bling:

Junior1
07-01-08, 01:11 AM
30k+is too much for a 05, I got mine for 26k with 23k miles

I'm guessing maybe the ext warranty is bumping the price...then again those are just advertised prices...

MikeNice
07-01-08, 01:21 AM
10k price difference from 05 to 06? sure.

:histeric:

again...in 2 yrs 2010...06 resale 24- 27k 04-05 resale 16,-19k
:burn: <---and the 06 will still b able to do this

groverdill
07-01-08, 01:51 AM
24k is not high 20's.

MikeNice
07-01-08, 01:56 AM
24k is not high 20's.

by god he had yellow eyes!!!
but 27 sure is....accounting for yrs with less miles & well maintained .:bomb:

Twitch
07-01-08, 02:21 AM
twitch u sick bastid...ofrn ....is he/she papered? what blood-lines? sorrel/ sorona castillo?
thats a sweet pic...may i take it for my pic folder?
we got same breed color dogs, and whips. u got great taste!!! :bling:
He's Danger Zone and Dagger. Got him from Iron Hill Kennals, in Delaware.
I have the papers, just never got around to sending them in.

BTW I do have a good seat cover.:thumbsup:

tdyguy2k
07-01-08, 07:49 AM
If the 05 is CPO and the 06 not, then you'll still be in warranty with 05 when it runs out with the 06...FWIW

BowenCT
07-01-08, 08:17 AM
did u enter a car or spectate? :dance:

I was just a spectator. I drove my TBSS and parked in the lot that was right beside where your car and the Corvettes were. If you saw a couple walking around with a Yorkie and a Cane Corso, that was us.

(Twitch/MikeNice, beautiful apbts!)

StealthV
07-01-08, 09:25 AM
82,000 miles of warranty on the LS6 is golden. That is unless you're going to mod it and void the warranty anyhow.

MikeNice
07-01-08, 12:21 PM
He's Danger Zone and Dagger. Got him from Iron Hill Kennals, in Delaware.
I have the papers, just never got around to sending them in.

BTW I do have a good seat cover.:thumbsup:

dagger is all based off castillo lines. if u dont submit papers within a certain amount of time they deem the dog dead. just a heads up.
and i was wondering if that dog was messin up ur alcantera swade seats. lol
either way it's worth the picture...l8ter this week i'll try the same pic with one of my knucklehedz. thanks for the insperation!

MikeNice
07-01-08, 12:31 PM
I was just a spectator. I drove my TBSS and parked in the lot that was right beside where your car and the Corvettes were. If you saw a couple walking around with a Yorkie and a Cane Corso, that was us.

(Twitch/MikeNice, beautiful apbts!)

i remeber a jack russel under the trees (where they were grilln the food), when they were giving out the trophys. it was so hot and miserable that day i'm lucky i remebered how to tie my shoes. do to the heat im sure u may have kept the dogs in the shade, maybe thats why i dont recall seeing them.
thanks for the compliments...
did u know that guy with the twin turbo vette prked next to me?....seems like alot of people knew him (i forgot his name)

cvettr/cts-v
07-01-08, 01:05 PM
I would lean towards newer 06 as that is what i have and am satisfied with it. The bigger question is when is the time portion of all the warranty out as my 06 was bought new by me mid 07 so my warranty is till 2011 could be longer time than a cpo 05 bought early 05 or even late 04. but bowen's is where i would lean if warranty time not an issue and could he not get it certified? because i feel prime examples of first year vehicles should and usually do command more $'s and respect. just a thought.

Twitch
07-01-08, 02:05 PM
dagger is all based off castillo lines. if u dont submit papers within a certain amount of time they deem the dog dead. just a heads up.
and i was wondering if that dog was messin up ur alcantera swade seats. lol
either way it's worth the picture...l8ter this week i'll try the same pic with one of my knucklehedz. thanks for the insperation!
Post up that pic. I'd like to see it. :yup:

Junior1
07-03-08, 01:10 AM
ok guys thanks for the help and votes so far...
Just a quick update,
I checked on the 05 yesterday, needless to say I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong it was in GOOD condition, but I'm looking for GREAT condition.
I ran fine, I took it up to 100. It handled tight, brakes were great, etc. It just looked like it was someones daily driven car. It had a scratched taillight, the nav buttons were worn, some gouges in the rear bumper cover and the front one looks like it had a run in with a parking block. Like I said its a nice, clean car, just not what I wanted.
I want the CTS that was garaged or covered because someone knew what they have and appreciates it

Anyways, so much for quick update...As of now I have it narrowed down to BowenCT's 2004 and the 2006 across the country. I will be checking out Bowen's as early as tommorrow and give yas an update

Unfortunately there is no way to update the poll at the top, so just keep that in mind if anyone else votes

Junior1
07-03-08, 02:03 PM
***UPDATE***
BowenCT's just got sold, so that one is out of the mix. Only the 2006 is left so I may have no choice now...

BowenCT
07-03-08, 06:16 PM
Well, a deposit was taken, yes. When I see a check for the balance, it will then officially be sold.

Luna.
07-03-08, 09:46 PM
ok guys thanks for the help and votes so far...
Just a quick update,
I checked on the 05 yesterday, needless to say I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong it was in GOOD condition, but I'm looking for GREAT condition.

Mine is in near-MINT condition... :)

But I also have $20k+ in mods... :bonkers:

The only (& I do mean ONLY) reason I'd consider selling mine is because I want to get an '09 V or an '09 ZR-1. :thumbsup:

I never, ever, expected GM to step up to the plate with those cars as they appear to have done & I just gotta have one. :lildevil:

Junior1
07-06-08, 12:52 AM
well I'm negotiating with the dealer on the 2006, but I saw Tony has a 2005 with 9300 miles and cpo, gonna give him a call too

decisions, decisions...I will own one soon

Cowan480
07-06-08, 12:05 PM
A supercharger sounds nice on the cheaper one!! I have the 05, and love it!! I wouldnt trade for an 06!!

Junior1
07-21-08, 09:44 PM
*UPDATE*
Well guys unfortunately I am still not an owner.

The original 2005 CPO turned out to be just a little too daily driven for my taste.
The 2004 from the forum that I was willing to make a move on, the guy with a deposit showed up and while I was waiting on that one the 2006 with 6000 miles was sold off the lot...
So needless to say I am still looking. Tony has a very nice 2005 that is CPO with 9300 miles that I am still contemplating but in the meantime I will start another thread in hopes that someone knows of one or can help finding one...

to be continued...