: LATCH Restraint System

rb92gt
06-30-08, 04:00 PM
Any idea what the maximum weight limit is for the LATCH child restraint system? Does not say in the owner's manual. Soon will be a dad... yikes.

thefred
06-30-08, 06:35 PM
Fortunately for you, there is LATCH. It makes installing the car seat to get a tight fit MUCH easier. The weight is mostly dependent on the different car seats. They all have suggested maximum and minimum weights. And, Congrats!

BirdJC
07-02-08, 09:42 AM
Not sure either but they do seem like a very solid metal loop which makes installing child seats much easier than using the seat belt option... and again, Congrats! but be prepaired to give up some pampering time with your car........

sburgin
07-02-08, 01:57 PM
All I know is that I use a booster seat with my 7 year old still - the kind that where the child sits on it and you use the car's lap belt still. Problem I have is that the booster seat is just wide enough to always cover the belt receptacle in the seat - That combined with the fact that someone decided to angle to metal latch on the buckle works together to always make it a royal PIA when Dad has to buckle his daughter in !!

/ BTW - congrats

STScaddyman65
07-02-08, 02:10 PM
Congrats Dad!!!
Look over the child seat you buy carefully, don't go cheap either, those seats don't protect your precious cargo enough nor do not take your car seats leather in consideration. Some models have metal or plactic that can cut your leather so when taking you car seat in and out keep this in mind. The top of the line models today are much improved over the ones when I was dealing with so just watch the manufactures recomendations. Remember one more VERY important thing.... You may have to get used to your caddy being a little more messy than you are used to if you are as fussy as I am, OR you will be cleaning it MUCH more frequent WITHOUT saying too much in front of the wife!!!!
Congrats again!!!

:)

rb92gt
07-02-08, 11:22 PM
Thanks everyone!