: IAT sensor on 2008 Cadillac STS

pete15cool
06-29-08, 02:13 AM
Just wondering, where and what color wire would the IAT (intake air temp sensor) would be?

Picture below would be MAF WIRE. Might help

c5 rv
06-29-08, 05:08 AM
Please don't tell us you've been buying resistors on e-bay. :nono:

STScaddyman65
06-29-08, 10:46 AM
"YES< Please don't tell us you are going that direction."
"If it's hard to believe then it's probably not true!"
If you are looking for ways to squeeze more milage out of your STS, I drive 100 miles each day and My 06 STS-4 gets me 27-28MPG currently. I can give you some tips that don't require messing with your IAT/MAP sensor and your ECM, and engine trouble down the road.
(The IAT and the MAP sensor on the STS are intergrated together so I don't know off the top of my head which 2 wires are the IAT.)

pete15cool
06-29-08, 08:09 PM
I got check engine light. I am trying to avoid spending sensor. Please give the tips on increasing mpg. Right not I am getting 16.5 mpg. Autozone has a generic brand maf for $70. Should I go for it?

Thank You,

Pete

pete15cool
06-29-08, 08:11 PM
I am also in Florida where it is hot. Cadillac is usually geared for colder weather.

drjdan
06-29-08, 11:24 PM
Since your car is under warranty, why don't to take to dealer to get fixed.

pete15cool
06-30-08, 10:36 AM
I tell the dealer the car has the shakes and who know what they will do. I recently put K&N filter then I clean MAF to get rid of oil from the filter. I will take it to the dealer.

STScaddyman65
06-30-08, 11:21 AM
Pete,
Unless your Caddy is rebuilt and you have no warranty anymore, take it to a "Cadillac" dealership and have them fix it. You can spend alot ot 70 dollar sensors trying to figure out the right one causing you issues. (Unless you are equipped with all the toys to tell you the proper code flashing from your ECM) If you have no warranty, at least take it to a dealership that can give you a price to fix it, if they install the wrong sensor 2 or 3 times you don't have to pay for that, they just keep trying until they get the right one. (Process of elimination)
MPG.... for your STS. (Remember, I have a 06- 3.6L AWD)
First, keep your air filter changed and consider a K&N preformance filter. (I bought one to fit right in the air box just like a stock filter. $50-60 dollars and you can clean them and re-oil them as often as needed and the filter is rated for 1 million miles.)
Second, run your tires at 40 PSI, the dealership will deflate your tires to 30-32PSI so you will have to tell them to leave them alone if you have your Caddy serviced for an oil change. ( This will save you between 3 to 5 MPG!!!!) The ride may be a little stiffer than you were used to but when you want all the miles you can get out a tank at 4 dollars a gallon this can be a little more bareable.
Third, for an additional 2 mpg you may install a vortex generator in your air intake right behind your airbox,(item#280239429977 on e-bay) it's your choice, I am not selling them but the little bastard did 2 mpg for me....
Lastly....keep your foot out of the pedal on take off from stops, you don't have to piss the guy off behind you by playing grandpa or great-grandpa but keep your average MPG on your display up to keep you mindful of your current pace. USE your cruise control all the time too!! The last thing I have found is that keeping my 3.6 L STS AWD at or below 2400 RPM on the highway is where I get the best milage. If I am not in a hurry to get to work and keep my RPM around 2000-2100, I can get 29MPG!!!!
This is with all the above done and done only, no resistors or stupid "Chips" or non-stock anything. I dive 100 miles every day, 5 to 6 times every week so I know my Caddy like my best friend and I do NOT LIE in life, it's not worth it!!
Hope this helps you Pete.
Jeff

pete15cool
06-30-08, 12:14 PM
My car is has 5000 miles 08 sts. Love it. The tire are LX4. I will inflate it to 40 psi and rotate the tires at the dealer. 27 mpg, is in the city or combo of city and highway? I was driving my cadillac at 55 mph and got 35 mpg???? weird

STScaddyman65
06-30-08, 12:23 PM
My drive is highway, very little city to work and back but my all out average is always 25.5-26.5 MPG at every fill up, as long as my wife stays out of my car!!!!
Keep the oil on your K&N just enough to be colored and make sure you let it dry..