: Rotating tires preformance package

drjdan
06-29-08, 12:56 AM
Since the front tires are different size form rear tires, do just swap the two front tires and swap the two rear tires?

One tire place suggested that just swapping did no good--just leave them in place since cannot do a real rotate.

Any thoughts?

Caroutisine
06-29-08, 06:54 AM
I don't rotate mine. Don't see how moving them from side to side would do anything to help the tires last any longer.

pjbizjak
06-29-08, 08:49 PM
The only benefit to rotate tires side to side is that the tires that were on the left rotated counter clockwise and when you switch them they rotate in a clockwise motion helping to balance wear. And don't forget you have to reset the TPS monitors.

rb92gt
06-30-08, 05:21 AM
Just make sure your tires are not unidirectional before you rotate side to side, as they would then both be rotating the wrong way.

ewill3rd
06-30-08, 06:24 AM
GM does not recommend rotating the tires side to side on vehicles with staggered tire sizes.

There is no need to do it unless you just want to, for whatever reason.

BMBSALES
07-06-08, 10:42 AM
GM does not recommend rotating the tires side to side on vehicles with staggered tire sizes.

There is no need to do it unless you just want to, for whatever reason.

and, although i do it regularly on my vehicles, when i did it on the v's pirellis runflats, it chewed the fronts up FAST. first time that has happened to me, so it may be certain tires don't like it...