: Kevlava Gray paint ??

PEAROB1
06-29-08, 12:51 AM
Well, I've has my 07 STS about 4 months now and I have a couple of very small nicks on the front facia. I called my local Caddy dealer to see if he had a tube of touch-up paint in stock before i drove over. I asked for Thunder gray chromaflair. He said that didn't show in his computer and needed the VIN. Once he had that he said my color is Kevlava gray. i have never heard or saw that color mentioned before. Any advice or comments?

Caroutisine
06-29-08, 02:16 AM
The touch up paint for moonstone was called "dark spiral grey met" when I purchased it from my dealer. They also used the VIN to find the color. The color they gave me matches.

STScaddyman65
06-29-08, 10:28 AM
The vin# is the sure way to get the right color.
There is alot of confusion with the color "name" between the paint suppliers, plants and tier #1 suppliers and the dealers. Mostly due to the fact that the paint suppliers like BASF, the assembly plants and the faica suppliers,use GM color codes. For example, " a new metallic black for 09 Cadillac color pallet is a (#58 GM Color Code) also named (Carbon Flash Metallic)." The BASF folks, Facia suppliers and the assembly plant know the color as either one of those standards, (number or name), and the dealers know this color as something totally different by name. (I think it's the marketing division who changes the names, but I am not sure.)
Wierd huh?
Thus, the confusion in finding something small like the right name of your color.
Anyway, the vin# points the dealer to the proper GM color code for you...
Hope this clears up any questions for you.

PEAROB1
06-29-08, 11:24 AM
Thanks for your info. After reading your replies, I did a search and here is one of the links of info I found:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2007&make=Cadillac&model=Sts