: Radio Controls on Steering Wheel

Illini17
06-28-08, 07:31 PM
Hi...just purchased a used '06 STS a few weeks ago and am still learning things on it. One thing I can't figure out is if there's a way to scan through my radio presets using the steering wheel controls. When I hit the "scan/seek" button, it either seeks through the next radio frequency that it picks up or right to the very next station in XM as opposed to my presets or "A-G" settings. Is there a way to change this so I don't have to keep pressing the stations on my nav screen? Thanks in advance for any help!

AllWheelEric
06-28-08, 11:00 PM
No, unfortunately not.

lreddiablo
06-29-08, 07:18 PM
A preset station button is the one I would love to have on the steering wheel. Wonder why they had to leave it out, all my other cars with steering wheel controls have one. My 97 DeVille lets me scan presets forward and backwards!

Bro-Ham-Detroit
08-19-08, 10:53 AM
that sucks! after a month of ownership, this is my one complant of my 06 1SG STS4.

ansky0007
08-19-08, 11:25 AM
They fixed this in 07, but for 05's & 06's your out of luck. It is quite annoying.

themightymezzo
08-25-08, 11:10 AM
From what I understand actually certain cars have this option. I believe it's "1-6" on the steering wheel. I think if you don't have the heated steering wheel you get this instead. I could be wrong though.