: The new guy.

cobra29svt
06-28-08, 03:08 PM
Hello all. I've been lurking for awhile while shopping for a V. Finally picked one up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320264663424&rd=1

I love this car! Wish I would have bought one a few years ago instead of waiting. The car already had a K&N Intake on it but I ordered a Magnaflow catback (a day before I bought the car...ha-ha) and really REALLY need a better shifter! In about a month or so I will be looking into a Stealth tune. Been searching for wheels online but it seems the picking is limited and pricey. I dont see myself paying $6k for some 18's or 20's.

urbanski
06-28-08, 03:17 PM
howdy

MikeNice
06-28-08, 03:27 PM
dont buy wheels and tires for that kind of money...most people who do road racing i see are using stocks...put that 6-7 g's into a maggie and headers. i will be doing just that with my newly attained 06 platinum (same color as urs) ...heres a wacky story as the ebay describes ur color as "gray" and when i went to reg my car i wrote silver on reg doc. and then the dmv employee scratched out silver and wrote gray...lol good luck with the whip!

rlj5
06-28-08, 04:05 PM
:welcome:

nice ride , I see you got the fastest color :thumbsup:

CTSV_510
06-28-08, 04:11 PM

Perfect timing for you to get in on Luke's group buy on kooks headers! Give him a call so you can get a set before you send your pcm off to StealthV.

P.S. Black was the fastest color until rlj5 decided to change things...

cvettr/cts-v
06-28-08, 05:02 PM
congrats. you will really like the magnaflow

CTSV_Rob
06-28-08, 05:41 PM

Great forum and if you like to mod cars you will have a blast with this one.

Think about taking it to the track. :D

type911
06-28-08, 08:13 PM
Welcome.

LV_V
06-28-08, 09:40 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure the color is Platinum ;)

Welcome!

heavymetals
06-28-08, 09:50 PM
Welcome!

YOU ARE DOOMED :histeric:

CTSV_Rob
06-28-08, 09:56 PM
Welcome!

YOU ARE DOOMED :histeric:
In a good way though :D

cobra29svt
06-29-08, 04:51 AM
dont buy wheels and tires for that kind of money...most people who do road racing i see are using stocks...put that 6-7 g's into a maggie and headers. i will be doing just that with my newly attained 06 platinum (same color as urs) ...heres a wacky story as the ebay describes ur color as "gray" and when i went to reg my car i wrote silver on reg doc. and then the dmv employee scratched out silver and wrote gray...lol good luck with the whip!

Thanks for all the greetings guys.. Unless I hit the lotto I won't be dropping that kinda coin on wheels! I'm sure i'll end up putting a Maggie on there. Every car I have ever owned has had either a turbo or supercharger on it ;). Every previous car i've owned has always been black-on-black (ok, except 1) too so I figured it was time to switch it up. Platinum looks great on these V's. Car will be heading to the track before catback goes on if time permits. I always forget to do a baseline run before I start throwing parts on it. I'll prob hold off for a little bit before I get headers or any other power mods. Kinda like to get bored of "stock" first for a change.

RightTurn
06-29-08, 10:57 AM
:wave: Hiya.

crankedupforit
06-29-08, 11:18 AM
Welcome funseeker
I agree to save your money on the wheels and go for some other mods first.
Besides most people forget that the stock wheels, which are Italian made Speedlines are better than most of the aftermarket wheels out there. They retail for over $600 a piece. If they're beat up have them re-done. Seems like you know the drill already since I've never met or raced a "stock" Cobra SVT. Those cars deserve respect and I'm sure you'll like the V coming from a quick car like that. Good luck and remember "it's only money".

tdyguy2k
06-29-08, 05:09 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Cowan480
06-29-08, 05:11 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome to V life!!

rand49er
06-29-08, 11:26 PM

Shifter? Did someone say, "shifter?"

Do it! Best mod!!! You will love it!

RoadKill
06-29-08, 11:41 PM
welcome and there is no such thing as a "stock cobra" haha mod it up and have fun

crankedupforit
06-30-08, 12:08 PM
welcome and there is no such thing as a "stock cobra" haha mod it up and have fun

That's for sure!