: 95 Eldorado with disturbing sound...

nacoop
06-28-08, 02:08 PM
Ok so I have spent about 2 hours searching the forum for my kinda problem and I canít seem to find it so Iíll try to describe it.

I have a 1995 ETC with 97XXX miles. Just replaced the radiator and not a week later Iím getting a disturbing sound. It is a knocking coming from under the drivers side of the car right behind the front tire. Now this sound is only really apparent AFTER the car has warmed up. I can hear it at idol and when the RPM is up to about 2000-2800, above that the engine sound is too loud. The sound speeds up with the engine. On the road I can hear it at 65mph, although faint. I disabled one cylinder at a time and got no change in the sound. I have clean exhaust tips and do a WOT once a week so I donít think its carbon build-up. Iím on top of maintenance and do my own work since I bought the car (around 75xxx) and only use Mobil 1 10w30 with 91 octane gas. Part of me wants to say itís something with the tranny but I know nothing about them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~Nick

Submariner409
06-28-08, 02:16 PM
Tick, tick, tick, - knock, knock, knock, - or pop, pop, pop ???

Might be an exhaust manifold gasket or maybe some sort of blowback through the A.I.R. system. (Not sure if the 95 has that emissons compressor inside the left fender....)

nacoop
06-28-08, 02:44 PM
knock, knock, knock, I considered an exhaust leak but it seems more metallic.