: Just came back from a test drive. What can I fix under warranty?

mschlott
06-27-08, 09:33 PM
I just drove an 05 V for sale locally. The car has 36k miles. The interior is in near perfect condition. There are no noises and it shifts great. There are a few issues that need to be resolved though. Under the hood, the battery cover has been destroyed. Most of the outer black liner is missing and all you see is what was underneath. There are some water spots around the radiator, so maybe a hose blew an got the cover wet. The other big thing is it looks like the headlights are peeling from the top. I have not seen enough cars like this to know if there is a tint over the lights or if this is the coating from the factory.

Are either of these things that should be covered under warranty? The car is not at a Caddy dealer or I would know for sure. This is probably the best overall car I have looked at. If it did not have these flaws I would have likely made an offer tonight.

I had only been looking at black cars but the price on this silver one may turn me arround.

mike

The Tony Show
06-27-08, 09:35 PM
Perhaps I don't understand the post?

CTSV_510
06-27-08, 09:40 PM
You can fix anything you want under warranty.

What the dealer will fix under warranty is another story.

mschlott
06-27-08, 09:46 PM
Perhaps I don't understand the post?

I hit enter before finishing the post. I don't think you saw the whole thing.

mschlott
06-27-08, 09:47 PM
You can fix anything you want under warranty.

What the dealer will fix under warranty is another story.

I'd be happy with that. Do you think Cadillac will send me the parts?:)

mike

heavymetals
06-27-08, 09:54 PM
Ask for a vin check (sticky).

What kind of transferable warranty is left?

Does the seller even know?

If they say so make um prove it.

Make sure they didn't swap the nav system on ya!

mschlott
06-27-08, 10:00 PM
Waiting on a vin check to come back. Carfax says it is still under factory waranty till may of next year.

Is the nav swap comment a reference to the guy who bought the navless V or is there something else I should know? The car had a working nav

mike

heavymetals
06-27-08, 10:04 PM
Yes it was meant as a sarcastical but true warning about the nav as another forum member got hosed.