: Is there a way to tell if real?

TheCaddyKidd
06-27-08, 03:33 PM
Ok. So I was fishing ebay and came acrosss an auciton for a Corsa Sport Exhaust Model 14222 and won it for 265 shipped. This was a great deal as I have see nthem for 700+ other places. My question is, is there any way to make sure it is the real deal when I get it? The guy has good feedback and looks like he is selling other exhausts so I am sure it is just some kind of going out of business or soething where he just let them go for whatever they brought in but 265 shipped sounds kind of cheap. Again, jsut wondering if there is any way to tell for sure its the real deal.

DLE
06-27-08, 04:21 PM
That is way cheap! I tried looking for the link, but they took it down because auction ended. I see just the corsa "tips" going for more, so its hard believing the "whole" exaust is selling for $265 shipped? I'd be careful if I was you. If you do buy it, use PAYPAL, and on a Credit Card like Discover, or something, in case its a scam, and you can recover back your money that way. Don't use your money directly from your bank.

TheCaddyKidd
06-27-08, 04:32 PM
Well I asked for the model number and the guy said it was 14222 which is the Sport Exhaust by Corsa. You can try searching the item number: 280239697793. The auction page says:

UP FOR BID IS A BRAND NEW IN BOX CORSA EXHAUST FOR A 03-06 CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT/ESV 6.0 HO AND 01-06 YUKON XL DENALI. THIS KIT COMES READY TO INSTALL SAME DAY. BELOW IS A LIST OF THE FEATURES.

Sport-Single Side Exit Exhaust System with Twin Pro-Series 4.0" TIP

Sport Edition Corsa Exhaust provides a slightly deeper, more robust exhaust tone under throttle, while still canceling the interior resonance drone
Straight-through non-restrictive design increases exhaust flow for improved performance
100% 304L stainless steel construction
Three options of polished stainless steel exhaust tip styles

Patrick7997
06-28-08, 02:11 PM
That's a steal....

Enjoy. The 4" Chrome tips are worth more than that....

I wanna see the pics! And I want a report on what it sounds like, how you like it..... I am debating between Corsa and Borla...

dmarlow
06-28-08, 02:47 PM
If it's real THATS CHEAP!

I got mine on ebay for $670 and payed about 90 for shipping.

Patrick7997, I originally wanted the touring model (14221) but went with the sport instead. I like the sound but my wife thinks it's a little loud for her taste. The only time I thought it was annoying to me was when we went to the river a couple of weeks ago towing the boat, supplies and four adults with cruise set @ 75-80 mph. Pulling up grades it's in the throttle pretty hard and that calls for the louder tunes from the exhaust.
Besides that I love it!

hcvone
06-30-08, 08:33 AM
If it's real you did real good, that is the cheapest I have ever seen other than free, depending on where it was shipped from the S&H can cost $75.00 alone

TheCaddyKidd
07-02-08, 05:09 PM
Well here is a little update. I emailed the guy which again he has 100% positive feedback and looking at the stuff he has sold it looks legit but from what he has said the Corsa has been shipped and he said it comes in 2 boxes. Anyone that has ordered Corsa, can you confirm that it comes it 2 boxes? That is the only info I have on it right now lol. I wasnt sure if it was supposed to be 1 box like my Magnaflow came or 2 like this guy says. Thanks

The Scientist
07-02-08, 05:56 PM
The Corsa set up for my Formula came in two boxes. One for the pipes and another for the muffler. I think it is mostly a weight issue because those mufflers and heavy as shit being all stainless.

dmarlow
07-02-08, 09:06 PM
Well here is a little update. I emailed the guy which again he has 100% positive feedback and looking at the stuff he has sold it looks legit but from what he has said the Corsa has been shipped and he said it comes in 2 boxes. Anyone that has ordered Corsa, can you confirm that it comes it 2 boxes? That is the only info I have on it right now lol. I wasnt sure if it was supposed to be 1 box like my Magnaflow came or 2 like this guy says. Thanks

It will be in 2 boxes. At least that was how mine arrived in factory boxes
1 box with BIG muffler and 1 box with head and tail pipe, tip and hardware (clamps).

Let us know when it arrives!

hcvone
07-03-08, 07:46 AM
As said mine came in two boxes too. :)

The Scientist
07-03-08, 02:17 PM
Could you ask him if he has another one for sell??? Or, if you don't like the sound and find that it is too loud since you were wanting the tourning system let me know. I call dibs...

TheCaddyKidd
07-03-08, 03:14 PM
Ok.. Got here faster than I thought.... So what do the judges say.. Does this look legit????

ZaC851
07-04-08, 12:59 PM
I dont know about corsa, but every other catback exhaust that I've had, had the brand on the actual muffler itself...as well as tailpipes etc. Is that anywhere on yours? Just a thought in case you may have gotten some generic muffler with authentic corsa tips. Hopefully not.

TheCaddyKidd
07-04-08, 05:40 PM
well the tips have the Corsa name on it which if real is worthe the 200 i paid but all in all it looks like the real deal.. i researched the internet and it looks identical to the GM Corsa exhaust that has been installed on some other vehicles.. i have yet to see a muffler from Corsa for my application with Corsa written on it.. i think i actually got the real deal for a steal so either way im happy...

silversport
07-05-08, 09:19 AM
looks like the boxes the Corsa Sport I had for my '02 Avalanche and similar to the ones my C5 Corsa Indys came in...SCORE!
Bill

hcvone
07-07-08, 07:32 AM
It looks like how my Corsa systems looked in the box. ;) , it looks like you did good. :)

TAWoody
07-09-08, 02:31 PM
Aw damn! I've been trying to find that exact same system and all I can find it for it is $770 at a website. You're lucky to have found it that cheap my friend. I would have been there bidding against you if I knew about it. :-P

TheCaddyKidd
07-09-08, 03:00 PM
my advice to anyone looking for it cheap.. hit up ebay and search every way you can.. make sure you include the search to look in title and description and sometimes just search by model number and then search for just what you are looking for.. for example search "14222" or search "escalade exhaust" ... also if you know that another vehicle works with that model number then search for that so you could do "tahoe exhaust" .. but definately search every way possible.. even spell things wrong as sometimes sellers will mispell something and you can catch it there..