: Another 02 Ext Stereo question??

93si
06-27-08, 02:53 PM
Hello, i've been reading & searching the forums for awhile. I am starting to install a stereo in my 02 Ext and have a few questions..

Where does everyone run there power wires for your amp??
Where do you run thru the firewall??

Also does everybody do the Big "3" Upgrade for the power & Ground wires...

Thanks for any help..

TheCaddyKidd
06-27-08, 04:47 PM
If you look up under the driver side foot well if you call it that there is a black plastic box. Right behaind that there is a rubber grommet where a wire goes through to the engine. Just pop out the rubber grommet and run your wires through there for the amps.

93si
06-27-08, 05:53 PM
Alright i will take a look there tonight. I've read a bunch of your posts and looks like you have a good system. Did you upgrade your wires to 0g.

Thanks for the help

TheCaddyKidd
06-27-08, 06:37 PM
yea. i havnt had a system in my truck for a while.. i used to have a 1200 watt system but that was a while ago.. and to be honest i wasnt sure if that was 1200 rms or max or what. but the system i am doing now.. actually as we speak it is being installed includes the following:

Stock Navigation Headunit
Stock Bose Speakers
Q-Logic Kick Panel Enclosures
Inside the kick panel is Infinity Reference Component Speakers
Pushing the Inifinity's is a MTX 2 channel amp
Took the midgate out and put in custom enclosure
Inside enclosure is 2 kicker 12inch L7 Solobaric's
The amp to push the subs is a Kicker 1500.1 which should do 1500 rms
Also threw in a 10 Farad capacitor
Wiring is 0guage

I am going to see how everything sounds. Hopefully it will all sound good together. so right now my speaker setup should be nice. I have all the stock bose speakers plus I added a component set so I should be able to get nice high's with the new bass. The only real problem was the kick panels didnt match perfect with the factory color so I might have them painted but will have to see what it looks like once installed. I will try and get some pics as soon as i pick the truck up.