: Sellers Beware!

Feffman
06-26-08, 11:53 PM
No one out here (thankfully), but I have to tell you there are a lot of inconsiderate people who waste one's time when you are selling a car.

Again no one out here, but I went from a firm buyer (guy said he was buying the V, had financing lined up, even had his wife and kid with him to see/drive the car) earlier this week, to no buyers after telling a second suitor the car was sold. Called the second guy this evening and he bought another V in town this morning. This is what I get for being nice and not playing games with buyers. Seller beware and sorry about the rant!

Feff

CTSV_Rob
06-26-08, 11:55 PM
You deserve a rant for that one, that's crap.

sefa01
06-27-08, 12:05 AM
Mark:

A little Leo Deocher: Nice guys finish last. You're a nice guy and you will find the right buyer at the right pricd. I would wish you luck but you don't need it. Your V wlll find the right home.

Steve

heavymetals
06-27-08, 01:22 AM
I never promise to hold anything.

The first one who shoves money in my face gets what I am selling.

You should have (you need to hear this right?)demanded a deposit if you are gonna turn away potential buyers.

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 01:37 AM
I never promise to hold anything.

The first one who shoves money in my face gets what I am selling.

You should have (you need to hear this right?)demanded a deposit if you are gonna turn away potential buyers.

Anybody who reads this, take that advice. It's the only intelligent thing thats ever come from heavymetals keyboard, but its definitely worth following

My uncle (who ran a motorcyle shop) was killed in a motorcycle wreck and my grandparents were stuck with a few bikes that needed to be sold and I couldn't count on my hands the number of people that called (per bike) wanting them to hold a certain bike promising that they were coming with the money and were never heard from again.

Take a deposit and even them give them a limited amount of time that if they are not back by that set time or date, that its back on the market. And of course its your choice to refund the deposit.

Jon

heavymetals
06-27-08, 01:42 AM
Wow, complimented and slammed. :eek:

If I didn't know you were telling the truth, I'd ban ya.

Feffman
06-27-08, 01:48 AM
Maybe the V gods are trying to tell me NOT to get the 2009! Patience, patience.....

Feff

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 01:52 AM

Huh? I must say that your posts are very esoteric.

heavymetals
06-27-08, 02:03 AM
Huh? I must say that your posts are very esoteric.

Your still sore over that one huh? :p

CTSV_Rob
06-27-08, 02:09 AM

I have an idea Heavy, Just make it to where he can only see the CTS forum for a week, that might be good for as laugh... :lildevil:

If your really feeling a little evil, only let him into the 08 CTS forum... :sneaky:

heavymetals
06-27-08, 02:40 AM
I have an idea Heavy, Just make it to where he can only see the CTS forum for a week, that might be good for as laugh... :lildevil:

If your really feeling a little evil, only let him into the 08 CTS forum... :sneaky:

He is still pouting he didn't make it into the club. :mad2:

Seattle CTS-V
06-27-08, 03:35 AM
I'm getting alot of the same stuff in selling my V. I feel for ya. Even worse, I'm getting cock-blocked by some ill-informed a-holes on different forums like:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/car-buy-sell-forum/57950-f-s-2005-cadillac-cts-v-supercharged-480whp-445wtq.html

odla
06-27-08, 08:12 AM
i saw that you changed the ad in the classifieds to sold so i started to look at others. I even called you. dam i wish i had not see this other V. now i cant make up my mind. I still wish you good luck. it is a nice car

tedcmiller
06-27-08, 08:43 AM
Because of many experiences similar to those described in the previous posts, I no longer sell vehicles myself (cars or motorcycles) - it is not worth the hassel. If I am replacing the vehicle with one from a dealer, I trade it in. If I am getting rid of the vehicle, I sell it to some dealer on the spot. You make less money that way, but the problems associated with the do-it-yourself method are not worth the trouble that frequently accompanies that method. Aside from the annoyance of bad faith, you expose yourself and your family (if you have one) to a number of undesirable things such as unexpected visitations or wrecked vehicles.

RightTurn
06-27-08, 08:52 AM

Wow, talk about cruel and unusual. :coffee:

Twitch
06-27-08, 09:40 AM
When I bought the V, I lost a couple G on my SLS. Didn't want to deal with the used car market while paying for two cars. was gonna trade it in, but ended up giving it to my uncle for what I thought was trade in value.
When I sold my bike, I put it on craigs list. No phone number, just email. best thing I did cuz I had some crazy offers :banghead:.
If time is on your side, you'll get what you want.
Good luck Feff

Tony

pveomett
06-27-08, 10:31 AM
I just traded my truck in on a SRT8GC last night. I wasn't happy with the dealers 1st offer so I put it up on craigslist and autotrader... I got more phone calls from people offering to sell it for me, than I did for people that actually wanted to come look at it. When I took my truck back to the dealer last night they tried offering me even less than the first offer! But what I really dont get is why someone would offer a trade for another vehicle if it wasn't mentioned in the ad? "Will you trade your 2004 F350 diesel for a 1999 Gas F150 and some cash??" Yes!!! How did they know I wanted an older smaller truck that will be even harder to sell?

Civardi
06-27-08, 11:46 AM
I'm getting alot of the same stuff in selling my V. I feel for ya. Even worse, I'm getting cock-blocked by some ill-informed a-holes on different forums like:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/car-buy-sell-forum/57950-f-s-2005-cadillac-cts-v-supercharged-480whp-445wtq.html

WOW. Moose is a blowhard. :crybaby:

CTSV_510
06-27-08, 12:23 PM
Take a deposit and even them give them a limited amount of time that if they are not back by that set time or date, that its back on the market. And of course its your choice to refund the deposit.

Jon

:yeah:

Though, what's the point of taking a deposit if it's refundable? If they come back and don't want the car and you give them their deposit back, that's no different than holding the car for someone who didn't give you a deposit. You've still turned away other buyers and have nothing to show for it.

I learned that one the hard way too; there's no Mr. Nice Guy when someone asks for a deposit back when selling a car privately. Just make sure to spell it all out up front to avoid confusion later.

Twitch
06-27-08, 12:45 PM
I just traded my truck in on a SRT8GC last night. I wasn't happy with the dealers 1st offer so I put it up on craigslist and autotrader... I got more phone calls from people offering to sell it for me, than I did for people that actually wanted to come look at it. When I took my truck back to the dealer last night they tried offering me even less than the first offer! But what I really dont get is why someone would offer a trade for another vehicle if it wasn't mentioned in the ad? "Will you trade your 2004 F350 diesel for a 1999 Gas F150 and some cash??" Yes!!! How did they know I wanted an older smaller truck that will be even harder to sell?
One guy wanted to give me his old beat-up beemer for my bike. :tisk:
I was asking $7800. Someone offered "$5000 cash, tonight!!!" I told them $5000 cash, and $3000 in crack, and we have a deal. :rant2:

CTSV_Rob
06-27-08, 01:52 PM
Wow, talk about cruel and unusual. :coffee:
Who me.... :halo:

pveomett
06-27-08, 01:58 PM
I was asking $7800. Someone offered "$5000 cash, tonight!!!" I told them $5000 cash, and $3000 in crack, and we have a deal. :rant2:

Since your from NYC I would guess $3000 in crack would be about the size if a kidney stone:cool2:. haha

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 11:09 PM
:yeah:

Though, what's the point of taking a deposit if it's refundable? If they come back and don't want the car and you give them their deposit back, that's no different than holding the car for someone who didn't give you a deposit. You've still turned away other buyers and have nothing to show for it.

I learned that one the hard way too; there's no Mr. Nice Guy when someone asks for a deposit back when selling a car privately. Just make sure to spell it all out up front to avoid confusion later.

You're right, my comment was just keeping in mind the rednecks that are gonna try to fight you for their money. If you tell them up front then they probably won't even give you a deposit unless they are serious.

Jon

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 11:13 PM

Well if you don't ask you'll never know. I'll offer you $3500 for the bike right now and I don't even know what you have. Remember thats $3500 tonight, you won't get that much tomorrow.

Jon