: Am I getting taken by the dealer?

DansCTSV
06-26-08, 04:57 PM
My car is in for warranty work. They found that the diff bushing is gone and needs to be replaced. But they said that they are going to have to charge me $100.00 because I have a B&B exhaust and it's bigger than stock. So they have to remove it to replace the bushing. Does anyone know if this is necessary and is it reasonable for them to charge $100.00 to do it?

korizzle
06-26-08, 05:00 PM
i believe they have to remove the exhaust anyway, regardless of stock or after market. that's what they did for mine...no extra charge.

maybe a tech can chime in to confirm what the standard practice is...

Twitch
06-26-08, 05:41 PM
I guess it depends on the dealer. I wouldn't really blame them for not wanting to mess with something they're not used to.
Either way, $100 is nothing compared to how much nicer your car will feel.

korizzle
06-26-08, 05:46 PM
Either way, $100 is nothing compared to how much nicer your car will feel.

:yeah:

urbanski
06-26-08, 05:56 PM
kinda standard. shitty, but not unexpected

CIWS
06-26-08, 06:06 PM

Some dealerships will refuse to reinstall non-OEM parts back onto the car. The fact that they are offering, even for a service fee, is something.

Civardi
06-26-08, 06:14 PM

heavymetals
06-26-08, 07:04 PM
My $.02?

Go in with a six pac and a great attuitude when you pick it up, make nice and maybe they will cut you some slack when the diff goes (if it happens).

You just might be suprised.;)

It might not even leak when you get it back...

The Tony Show
06-26-08, 07:21 PM
Sounds pretty fair to me. Just another part of Mod Hell.

thebigjimsho
06-26-08, 08:16 PM
Is that Olsen Cadillac? Take it to Lindsay! You get a free loaner and peace of mind...

DansCTSV
06-26-08, 09:00 PM
They ended up charging me $50.00. The car shifts much nicer now. They wouldn't do the inspection sticker though. They said my tinit is too dark and I was missing my front plate.

CTSV_Rob
06-26-08, 11:02 PM
Just tell them the plate isn't missing, you just don't want it installed on your front bumper :) Heavy did a cool thing so he wouldn't need to drill the bumper cover and the nice part is you could remove it after the inspection with no marks that the plate was ever there. I also heard someone mention tie wraps but not sure you will get that one past inspection...

Just had the Diff recall done on mine and they didn't charge me extra. I was ready to pay extra but they didn't ask for it so I didn't offer :D

I took the V to the track the following weekend and I found the bolts to be loose on the exhaust. I tightened them up and did not harass the dealer because I realize they didn't have to mess with it at all if they didn't want to.