: Which car/years have our engine????

BlackStellion
06-25-08, 11:34 PM
LS6 - 04, 05
LS2 - 06, 07
(we all know that)

Ok main purpose on this is to find other mods that may not be offered to our cars, but are still out there (examp. under drive pulley and so)
and ofcourse to look at our competition.

TGrits10
06-25-08, 11:43 PM
LS6 was only found elsewhere in the '01-'04 Z06. The LS2 spent time in the C6 and '05+ GTO.

EDIT: Forgot about the Trailblazer SS, with the LS2 and, perhaps before that, LS6 (???)

thebigjimsho
06-25-08, 11:49 PM
LS6 was only found elsewhere in the '01-'04 Z06. The LS2 spent time in the C6 and '05+ GTO.

EDIT: Forgot about the Trailblazer SS, with the LS2 and, perhaps before that, LS6 (???)You were right the first time, the LS6 only in the V and Z06. The LS2, aka the truck motor, was in the C6, GTO, TBSS, SSR...

MauiV
06-25-08, 11:53 PM
The LS2 is also in the Silverado SS.

JonCR96Z
06-26-08, 12:03 AM
The LS2 is also in the Silverado SS.

Silverado SS has LQ9 not LS2

Although both make good truck motors.

Naf
06-26-08, 05:10 AM
BECAREFUL, mods for corvettes dont have to fit ours...Especially the under pulley...

Engine component work perfectly, but accessories are are hit or miss...

MauiV
06-26-08, 11:44 AM
Silverado SS has LQ9 not LS2

Although both make good truck motors.

Hmmm, stand corrected. Could have sworn I saw an LS2 in one out at the street races, thought it was stock motor.

trukk
06-26-08, 12:25 PM
BECAREFUL, mods for corvettes dont have to fit ours...Especially the under pulley...

Engine component work perfectly, but accessories are are hit or miss...

Wrong....The corvette stuff is what fits, the F-Body stuff doesn't.

My Underdrive Pulley (ATI), is the same one offered for the C5 Corvette.

-Chris

Luna.
06-26-08, 03:19 PM
Wrong....The corvette stuff is what fits, the F-Body stuff doesn't.

My Underdrive Pulley (ATI), is the same one offered for the C5 Corvette.

-Chris

Not necessarily, my good man.

Andy @ A&A Corvette has had more than a few headaches working on my car, as there are many differences between the V's LS6 vs. the Corvette's LS6 (e.g. when I went to 8-rib setup all the way around, many of the pullies had to be relieved, as they didn't fit like they normally do on the Corvette).

CadiBlk
06-26-08, 03:25 PM
So which underdrive pulley fits?

trukk
06-26-08, 04:38 PM
Not necessarily, my good man.

Andy @ A&A Corvette has had more than a few headaches working on my car, as there are many differences between the V's LS6 vs. the Corvette's LS6 (e.g. when I went to 8-rib setup all the way around, many of the pullies had to be relieved, as they didn't fit like they normally do on the Corvette).

So which underdrive pulley fits?

Well, I'm not sure about a custom 8 rib config, but for your basic 6 rib, the C5 setup works fine.

-Chris

svtbolt2001
06-27-08, 09:49 AM
I am not sure why people insist on calling the 6.0 a truck motor like it is a bad thing.
1. aluminum block
2. High compression 400HP.

What am I missing?

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 10:18 AM
I am not sure why people insist on calling the 6.0 a truck motor like it is a bad thing.
1. aluminum block

What am I missing?

It's just not a real race car motor like the LS6. So it will never be as good.

Bueller
06-27-08, 10:21 AM
1. aluminum block

What am I missing?

Us LS6 owners are just jealous we don't have the same payload or towing capacity as the LS2:stirpot:

ROG
06-27-08, 10:23 AM
It's just not a real race car motor like the LS6. So it will never be as good.

Funny they didn't use the LS6 or the LS7 to build the ZR1 638HP engine!!

Lo and Behold THEY USED A TRUCK ENGINE!! :hmm:

svtbolt2001
06-27-08, 10:37 AM
LOL, yeah kind of interesting. I think they are both great platforms. I do think some people out here have displacement envy.

Guys you should know size isn't everything. It is pretty important but not everything. :cool2:

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 12:35 PM
Funny they didn't use the LS6 or the LS7 to build the ZR1 638HP engine!!

Lo and Behold THEY USED A TRUCK ENGINE!! :hmm:

Yeah, but they had to use a supercharger to make it fast. Thats on the same level as Cobras.

Jon

ROG
06-27-08, 01:20 PM
Yeah, but they had to use a supercharger to make it fast. Thats on the same level as Cobras.

Jon

Also same as a lot of the LS6 V's!!:histeric:

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 01:58 PM
Those guys really are truck motor wannabes.

shadybx7
06-27-08, 07:59 PM
what does the extra .3 displacement on the LS2 motors do since both the LS6 & LS2 are rated for 400hp? Is the tq made at a lower rpm or is it a flatter curve? why did GM switch motors anyway??

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 08:54 PM
Well the LS2 has a smaller cam and still makes the same power up top and more down low, so the displacement does help. I'm sure it had something to do with the natural progression of making things better, and probably some do to with emissions. Also the fact that they could save money by changing the bore of the LS1 and using the pistons from the trucks. No need for a 4.8, 5.3, 5.7 and a 6.0. Especially when only higher end (lower volume) cars were getting the LS2. Unlike the LS1 in the Vette, Camaro, and Firebird. Which probably sold more LS1s in 1 year than they've sold LS2s all together. Low cost probably also plays a factor in keeping the LS6 castings for the heads instead of trying to spend the money to design something slightly better. Also the exotic valves were not given to the cheap truck motors, they just got the old stockpiled LS1 valves.

Jon

CTSV_Rob
06-27-08, 09:00 PM
^^ Nothing a AFR head swap won't fix :D

JonCR96Z
06-27-08, 09:23 PM
Man I'm all about modifying something, especially if it helps you LS2 guys sleep at night.

BlackStellion
07-03-08, 01:04 AM
So in conclution which under drive pulley fits the 06 LS2???
And for those of you that have the mod, does it make a difference in power gain/reliability?
Any butt dyno increase?? is it worth it??

rand49er
07-03-08, 09:01 AM
So in conclution which under drive pulley fits the 06 LS2???
And for those of you that have the mod, does it make a difference in power gain/reliability?
Any butt dyno increase?? is it worth it??My guess is you're talkin' in the neighborhood of 5-10 hp. Cheaper than an exhaust, but not as satisfying.

thebigjimsho
07-03-08, 09:11 AM
You guys do know that pushrods are inferior to DOHCs right?

BlackStellion
07-03-08, 06:47 PM
You guys do know that pushrods are inferior to DOHCs right?

and what is that has to do with what I was asking? :hmm:

I wanna make the V as quite as possile,
Exhaust is a most. But if there is ways to minimize the lost from BHP to WHP then why not do that. Instead of adding power use what I have and make it more efficient, THEN add power :cool2:
By the way anyone knows what else wouls minimize the BHP to WHP lost?
-After all we taking about 20% or so that are there already to begin with.
I'll be happy if I could squeeze 10% out of there.

CTSV_Rob
07-03-08, 08:29 PM
Man I'm all about modifying something, especially if it helps you LS2 guys sleep at night.
Flat torque curve with cheap valves. No problems here just love modifications. :cloud9:

peter simov
07-04-08, 01:57 PM
so what ud fits an ls2

thebigjimsho
07-07-08, 10:12 PM
and what is that has to do with what I was asking? :hmm:

I wanna make the V as quite as possile,
Exhaust is a most. But if there is ways to minimize the lost from BHP to WHP then why not do that. Instead of adding power use what I have and make it more efficient, THEN add power :cool2:
By the way anyone knows what else wouls minimize the BHP to WHP lost?
-After all we taking about 20% or so that are there already to begin with.
I'll be happy if I could squeeze 10% out of there.over ur hed