: Need Help To Fix New Sts

06-24-08, 09:10 PM
i HAVE A NEW 08 STS. 200 MILES ON IT. THE ENGINE POWER DOWNS TO PREVENT DAMAGE AND
THE ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AND THE CAR WILL NOT START. ONSTAR DIAGNOSTICS SAYS IT IS A P0628, P0087 PROBLEM. MY DEALER DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. GM TECH DOES NOT KNOW. GM ENGINEERING HAS NOT COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING ? COULD IT HAVE SOMETHING A SMALL AS A GASOLINE CAP WHICH NEEDS REPLACING ? THANKS FOR TRYING.

gunner13
06-24-08, 10:23 PM
>> MY DEALER DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. GM TECH DOES NOT KNOW. GM ENGINEERING HAS NOT COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. <<

I'm afraid I don't have a clue what those codes are. But, if they can't fix it I would simply whisper "lemon law" into their collective ears and watch what happens. I had an oddball problem with the built in garage door opener (from Lear Car2U) and was on the third one when someone finally figgered out why it would dump the codes. They literally were ready to either replace the car or refund my money. We have a "3 strikes" repair attempts rule in Florida and they knew I was serious. Since the "fix" it's been pretty much flawless.

drjdan
06-25-08, 12:00 AM
I would say you have a very poor dealer. Take it to another dealer. Where are you located?

I would tell them to give you a loan car (I assume the loan cars are your dealership are Cadillacs--they are at mine here in Dallas) and to call you when they get it fixed.

06-25-08, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate your repsonse

dkozloski
06-25-08, 03:38 AM
Those are simple fuel pump codes. There is more to this story.

06-25-08, 10:58 PM
You are right. Today there is progress ?? Maybe just a relay switch or a power control module. Thanks for the response.