: Anyone used this "wax" before?

KEV-V
06-24-08, 03:01 PM
I am looking for a long lasting low maintenance polish for my V, just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this product. I mean come on.....it uses NASA technology!! And the V's do fly :burn:

http://www.5starshine.com/

Civardi
06-24-08, 03:15 PM
Dont do it. I did mine in just over 3hrs. That was a wash, clay, wash, polish, and wax. Well worth the time spent. 1st time I used Griots and will keep using.

PISNUOFF
06-24-08, 07:27 PM
Do a search for Zaino. Some of us swear by it and won't use anything else. Expensive, time consuming on first application but lasts a long time and you will be amazed by the depth.

REDEVIL
06-24-08, 07:57 PM
Do a search for Zaino. Some of us swear by it and won't use anything else. Expensive, time consuming on first application but lasts a long time and you will be amazed by the depth.

And if you use Zaino's new "All-In-one" formula you really only need one coat every 3 months or so. It's great for daily driver vehicles where you don't want to spend 8 hours doing the initial coats. It has a mild abrasive in it, so it cleans the paint as well. I have been using Zaino for years on my Corvettes, I then used the All-In-One on the V last month and it still looks great and is smooth. Great stuff...and easy to use. :thumbsup:

Man, I sound like a Zaino salesman...but I assure you, I am not. :)

coolcaddy1
06-24-08, 07:59 PM
+1 for griots use it on my cars. Not cheap either but last long. Can't vouch for Zaino 'cuse I've never used it, but alot of guys swear buy it.

coolcaddy1
06-24-08, 08:04 PM
And if you use Zaino's new "All-In-one" formula you really only need one coat every 3 months or so. It's great for daily driver vehicles where you don't want to spend 8 hours doing the initial coats. It has a mild abrasive in it, so it cleans the paint as well. I have been using Zaino for years on my Corvettes, I then used the All-In-One on the V last month and it still looks great and is smooth. Great stuff...and easy to use. :thumbsup:

Man, I sound like a Zaino salesman...but I assure you, I am not. :)

I've never seen it at the detailing place I get my cleaning supplies at you gota order online or something for that stuff?:hmm: I keep hearing good thing about this stuff so I guess I should give it a shot at some point.

REDEVIL
06-24-08, 08:29 PM
I've never seen it at the detailing place I get my cleaning supplies at you gota order online or something for that stuff?:hmm: I keep hearing good thing about this stuff so I guess I should give it a shot at some point.

Yeah, you have to order it online.

http://www.zainostore.com

coolcaddy1
06-24-08, 08:32 PM
cool thanks

BeagleBrains
06-24-08, 08:55 PM
Zaino proves itself when I park in a large lot at a commercial enterprise.
Return after a brief rain and your Zaino treated car will glisten with beads of water standing up vividly, reflected in the deep shine. It puts all other car finishes to shame. Each followup treatment only magnifies the previous results.

type911
06-24-08, 09:02 PM
I swear By Poorboys. there products are some of the best I have ever used.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/

thebigjimsho
06-25-08, 07:42 AM
Zaino proves itself when I park in a large lot at a commercial enterprise.
Return after a brief rain and your Zaino treated car will glisten with beads of water standing up vividly, reflected in the deep shine. It puts all other car finishes to shame. Each followup treatment only magnifies the previous results.Not Griot's...

Another Griot's follower here...

svtbolt2001
06-25-08, 10:46 AM
Zainos is the way too go.

ichpen
06-25-08, 04:59 PM
Are you looking for a polish wax or a sealant?

There are quite a few sealants around (synthetic) that I can vouch for. Most famous (and expensive one) is the Klasse Sealant Glaze (imported from Germany). Lasts up to 12 months. They also do All in One polish of course. Poorboys do a decent wheel sealant which makes cleaning wheels a lot easier.

KEV-V
06-25-08, 05:29 PM
Are you looking for a polish wax or a sealant?

There are quite a few sealants around (synthetic) that I can vouch for. Most famous (and expensive one) is the Klasse Sealant Glaze (imported from Germany). Lasts up to 12 months. They also do All in One polish of course. Poorboys do a decent wheel sealant which makes cleaning wheels a lot easier.

Well I am looking for something to make my black V shine and not collect soooooo much dust so quickly. It is never ending with a black car I know but I used to use this Prestone w/Teflon polish (I know I know....Prestone!!??) on my lifted black Durango and it looked fantastic and I could literally rinse it with a garden hose. They don't make that same Prestone anymore so I am looking for something else similar. I am not afraid to spend the money but I am tired of buying products that don't work the way I want them to and figured who better to ask then my fellow V community

MauiV
06-25-08, 05:38 PM
This is 9 months after my last Griots application and the car is a daily driver...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/Cadi028.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/Cadi002.jpg

your maker
06-25-08, 09:58 PM
hey either Zaino or liquid glass these both will get you a piece of ass

Civardi
06-25-08, 10:05 PM
liquid glass

I still think this is what caused my paint to lift on my Toyota truck.

your maker
06-25-08, 10:07 PM
no just poor quality toyota lol

Civardi
06-25-08, 10:24 PM
no just poor quality toyota lol

12k Toyota no orange peel, 50k V orange peel from hell. :thepan:

PISNUOFF
06-26-08, 01:44 AM
Thinner clear, thinner paint and barely any rust protection. I prefer orange peel over that.

Civardi
06-26-08, 10:36 AM
Thinner clear, thinner paint and barely any rust protection. I prefer orange peel over that.

Its a cost issue and GM is just to cheap to do it right.