: Magnetic Ride Question

kjanks
06-24-08, 11:30 AM
I am interested in purchasing an 05 STS AWD V8 fully loaded.

I heard from one of the guys at the dealer that you can actually change the ride control yourself by getting in the nav screen and changing it. Does anyone know if this is A) true and B)how to do it?

Thanks for you help.

Kristen

ajmasala
06-24-08, 11:41 AM
Yes, the ride settings can be changed in the navigation screen.

If you hit the "Config" button you will be presented with two options for Suspension Mode - "Touring" and "Performance". Performance offers a stiffer ride but better cornering ability, Touring offers a soft(er) ride.

There was a firmware upgrade to the Navigation unit (mid '07 i think) - As a result of the upgrade these settings moved to the very first screen you see when you hit the "Config" button. On the older version of the firmware, these settings are under the "Personal Settings" Menu.

Hope that helps..

kjanks
06-24-08, 11:49 AM
Ok see i went into the configure settings but i was driving so maybe the car needs to be in park to do that. but i couldn't figure it out. is it possible that this option wasn't purchased? can i tell by the vin if it was?

Let me know.

ajmasala
06-24-08, 01:23 PM
Two possibilities I see here
1. The car did not come with the "Magnetic Ride Settings". It is unlikely this is the case - I thought all V8 cars with the Nav package came with the Mag Ride settings. I have an MY06 V8 w/ Nav and I have these settings. Maybe somebody with an MY05 can chime in.
2. The car does have the option, but the nav firmware upgrade was not performed on it. In that case the settings are buried a couple of levels down - Config Key > Personal Settings > Occupant Information > Mag Ride.

I dont know of a way of checking on options with a VIN, except for calling a GM dealer.

HTH..

dkozloski
06-24-08, 03:36 PM
All the options on the car are listed on a tag on the bottom side of the spare tire cover in the trunk.

Bro-Ham-Detroit
08-18-08, 01:54 AM
great option and just as described with the software upgrade. my dealer said "when ever anyone ask for it (the upgrade) we just do it"

i was plaing with it at speed and could tell the difference going over seams and bumps in the road. if you can get it, get it!

jkviper
08-20-08, 11:45 PM
Two possibilities I see here
1. The car did not come with the "Magnetic Ride Settings". It is unlikely this is the case - I thought all V8 cars with the Nav package came with the Mag Ride settings. I have an MY06 V8 w/ Nav and I have these settings. Maybe somebody with an MY05 can chime in.
2. The car does have the option, but the nav firmware upgrade was not performed on it. In that case the settings are buried a couple of levels down - Config Key > Personal Settings > Occupant Information > Mag Ride.

I dont know of a way of checking on options with a VIN, except for calling a GM dealer.

HTH..

I think the Magnetic Ride only comes on the Premium Luxury Performance Package which is the 1SG package.

You can get the Nav with the Premium Luxury Collection but it does not have Magnetic Ride

dkozloski
08-21-08, 01:19 AM
I think the Magnetic Ride only comes on the Premium Luxury Performance Package which is the 1SG package.

You can get the Nav with the Premium Luxury Collection but it does not have Magnetic Ride
I have an '06 AWD 1SF with magnetic suspension. I'm looking right at the window sticker and it says Magnetic Ride Control in the right hand column.

EChas3
12-23-08, 12:12 AM
I think this may be 'Enhanced Stabilitrack' deleted on AWD V8's with 1SG.