: Radio question (EQ)

svtbolt2001
06-24-08, 11:22 AM
Very strange issue here.
I listen to a station and set the EQ how I like it, then change the station and come back and my preferences are gone. Is there a place to change the defaults?

CTSV_510
06-24-08, 11:28 AM
It's retarded, I still don't understand how that works. I thought that it's supposed to remember your EQ for different stations or CDs or something, but it doesn't seem to be consistent, and half of my station labels keep changing.

I mostly just turn off the stereo, opens the windows and listen to the sweet sound of kooks... :D

Bueller
06-24-08, 11:37 AM
It sux. I found if you set the EQ how you like it and then hold down the EQ1,2, or 3 button for a few seconds it will program that setting in that spot. Then if it reverts back simply hit that EQ button for the new programmed setting. I think you have to do this for each station.

ctsv154
06-24-08, 11:39 AM
There are tricks around the radio staion changing on the display. Check cadillac faqs. Also, to save each the EQ settings, you have to turn to the station you want, set the eq like you want it, then save the station to preset. Then if you want the radio station to not change on the display, you have to do that little process after you save that stations preset and eq. Its a lot easier than it sounds but it does take some time. Just look up Cadillac Faq's website and it will give you the procedures for both.

egheorghe
06-24-08, 12:57 PM
My radio doesn't keep the stations in memory. I'm not sure when it happenes, but i think right after i use a different source (CD, Tape). I'll double check and let you know. Do you have any idea what i have to check, what might cause the problem?

egheorghe
06-24-08, 01:16 PM
No, it doesn't happen right after a play from a different source, i guess it happenes now and then. Is there a baterry inside the radio, that keeps the memory? I get the code U1255 as current. I can't even clear the code. Any sugestions?
Thank you much

bigREDfreshness
06-24-08, 01:29 PM
I read the FAQ and still can't get the stations to not change the display. I'll glance over and it will say "NIN" or something on the preset display, but "NIN" is no longer playing. As many times as I do the tricks to get it to display what I want, I can't get it to retain the information. Lame.

CTSV_510
06-24-08, 01:36 PM
I'll glance over and it will say "NIN"

:rockon::blurock:

pveomett
06-24-08, 01:39 PM
I think the display for each station is put out by the station. So when a channel is showing the tittle of a song that was played 20 min. ago, they are just not updating the titles. I dont think it's the HU that is behind...

cvettr/cts-v
06-24-08, 02:07 PM
I have found on xm it saves station name fine as it is always displayed on left side of screen. But on regular fm only way i have been able to save station to button is wait till station has their call sign displayed and save then. if song title displayed at time of saving that title of song or artist will be saved to button. very frustrating but that 's my experience. so i listen to xm so i don't have to get annoyed by or guess what station is what button.:bomb:

bigREDfreshness
06-24-08, 05:14 PM
I change mine everyday. I wait for the unit to scroll the station tag and not the song title/artist, but every time that I start the car the HU resaves the button display to whatever is on display at that moment. I can't keep them permanent, they just keep changing themselves.

nikon
06-24-08, 05:33 PM
I read the FAQ and still can't get the stations to not change the display. I'll glance over and it will say "NIN" or something on the preset display, but "NIN" is no longer playing. As many times as I do the tricks to get it to display what I want, I can't get it to retain the information. Lame.

ok did you read this part...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/radiohint.html

because it worked perfectly for me...and has for quite some time now....it's a little tricky, but after you get the hang of it it's pretty easy...just gotta get the timing down

nikon
06-24-08, 05:35 PM
and as for the EQ..dunno if someone said it already....but turn to the station you want...set the eq settings you want...then re-program the preset...it will remember what eq setting you had next time you press that preset....same goes for XM

bigREDfreshness
06-24-08, 05:43 PM
Oh I read that exact article, and it's nothing that I haven't been doing for the six months I've had it. It just reverts back to something random every time I turn the car on. I don't have a problem getting it to say what I want it to say, I have a problem with having to continually fix it since it doesn't STAY.

nikon
06-24-08, 07:17 PM
I do not think your doing it correctly then...others have said the exact same thing you said...and finally they got it....keep trying...it'll work.

tdyguy2k
06-24-08, 08:03 PM
Can you turn RDS off? If so, and I haven't tried this because I listen to XM all the time, turn it off then program your presets, eq, etc. and see if it stores the radio station call sign. Then turn RDS back on and see what happens. The real PITA is having to do this for every preset.

nikon
06-24-08, 08:13 PM
^^ nope...still makes the text go through to the preset tabs...the only solution has been posted already.